PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed, RE: Rem 700VS SA Scope Base

Chris_C
05-12-07, 09:18
Guys,

I have the above in 308. I want a single peice scope base. I will be shooting this rifle from 100-400yds regular. I have a SS Scope inbound for her.

This is my first bolt gun and I know there are a ton of different options.

Anyone you can point me to would be great. Looking for a base up to 100.00

TIA.

Chris_C

GunLovinTexan
05-12-07, 22:08
I would definatly look into saving up a few extra bucks and getting a Badger ORdnance base and ring set.

Rob sorry i couldnt be of more help.

JStor
05-26-07, 17:33
Badgers are tier one. Another manufacturer who gets good press is www.seekinsprecision.com You can probably get some more feedback on them at snipershide.com The Badgers are definitely my first choice, but they do cost a bit. I have been intending to try the Seekins products. Good luck.

ROUGH
06-12-07, 18:21
also check out acculock from cs gunworks

http://www.csgunworks.com/

bigthicket
07-09-07, 12:57
You can get a Ken Farrell for around $70. They are tall bases, so low rings will work with the SS.

SHIVAN
07-09-07, 13:27
I use Farrell bases, they are pretty damn good.

They used to have an issue with screws breaking the heads off, so be weary of used ones with unknown screws.

If you buy new, you shouldn't have any issues if you follow the directions.

bigthicket
07-09-07, 13:49
I use Farrell bases, they are pretty damn good.

They used to have an issue with screws breaking the heads off, so be weary of used ones with unknown screws.

If you buy new, you shouldn't have any issues if you follow the directions.

Thanks, that's good to know. I am using them on both of my bolt guns, Rem VSF and Savage 10 FP. Got both from Sinclairs. I knew to use low rings the second time around.:cool:

toddackerman
07-23-07, 02:21
Doesn't LaRue Tactical do one piece Bases and rings?

This stuff is bullet ptoof!

Tack