PDA

View Full Version : Couple ACOG Questions....

Razorhunter
05-12-07, 10:48
Guys,
I need a TA31 for my next build.

Now I am looking at the following, and have a few questions.

-TA31 DOC:

1. I see Trijicons website says they use the 7moa dot on the Doctor optic. IS there a SMALLER MOA version of the Doctor optic, as I'd rather have a smaller dot.

-TA31 RCO M4

2. Does the reticle on the RCO M4 have ONLY the regular chevron reticle in the center, OR does it ALSO include that center mass outline around the chevron reticle??? (the center mass outline I speak of can be seen in the link below. It basically looks like that special reticle made for the LAPD, that is also on Trijicons site.
IS this center mass outline included in the RCO M4's reticle, OR is it ONLY the chevron reticle, like the regular TA31F has???? (of course, I realize the RCO M4 also has those extra horizontal stadia lines to the left and right of the reticle. I'm just concerned with the center mass, IPSC target looking outline, that is shown in the link below)
I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me for SURE what the TA31 RCO M4's reticle looks like.

Here is the RCO M4 on Trijicons site. Note that damn center mass, outline around the chevron reticle. Is this how it really looks? I thought it did NOT have that in the real optic...????

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=481&back_row=4&categoryID=3

Here is the LAPD custom reticle, just for reference purposes:

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=499&back_row=4&categoryID=3

MH64
05-13-07, 01:33
The RCO does NOT have that center mass outline on the reticle.

STLRN
05-13-07, 06:13
The silhouette target is there for demonstrational purposes only.

KevinB
05-13-07, 13:31
The milspec Dr Optic only comes in the 7MOA version -- so that is all you get on the TA31DOC.

If you want to get a 3.5 version and add it you can -- it just wont have the same depth rating for water, nor are the electronics proofed to the same degree for shock.

IMHO I dont think it really matters for 99% of the uses.

Razorhunter
05-13-07, 16:04
Wow,
Tell me more KevinB,

I did not know this. Are you perhaps saying that Trijicon is taking the regular Dr. Optics (like we all can order ourselves), and somehow making them more waterproof and shockproof during the install onto the ACOGs????

What is the difference between me going out and buying a Dr Optic and Dr. Optic-ACOG mount, and installing it on my ACOG MYSELF, vs. purchasing the ACOG w/ Dr Optic already mounted from the factory????????
????

Thanks, I would really like to know the difference here as it WILL indeed help me make my decision. I had originally planned on just buying the ACOG first, and then purchasing the Dr. Optic later, to help spread out the cost a little bit, BUT, this might change things a bit, depending on your answer.... ?????

STLRN
05-13-07, 16:19
Wow,
Tell me more KevinB,

I did not know this. Are you perhaps saying that Trijicon is taking the regular Dr. Optics (like we all can order ourselves), and somehow making them more waterproof and shockproof during the install onto the ACOGs????

What is the difference between me going out and buying a Dr Optic and Dr. Optic-ACOG mount, and installing it on my ACOG MYSELF, vs. purchasing the ACOG w/ Dr Optic already mounted from the factory????????
????

Thanks, I would really like to know the difference here as it WILL indeed help me make my decision. I had originally planned on just buying the ACOG first, and then purchasing the Dr. Optic later, to help spread out the cost a little bit, BUT, this might change things a bit, depending on your answer.... ?????
Basically the reticle, the TA31DOC reticle is like an NSN with BAC. While the standard TA31 is a donut, the A a triangle and the F a chevron.

Razorhunter
05-13-07, 21:59
Basically the reticle, the TA31DOC reticle is like an NSN with BAC. While the standard TA31 is a donut, the A a triangle and the F a chevron.

Yes, I'm fully aware of what the ACOG reticle and model # designations are.
I don't recall asking about all that, but thank you anyway kind sir.

I am trying to figure out WHY it was mentioned above, that the 7MOA Dr Optic is more shock resistant and/or more waterproof than the 3.5MOA version???
I see now what you were saying KevinB. Before, I read your post so fast, I was thinking that you were stating that Trijicon mounted them differently, BUT now I see that you are simply saying the 7MOA is more shock resistant and waterproof than the 3.5MOA.
I wonder WHY they would make the 7MOA and 3.5MOA different in those respects??????