PDA

View Full Version : Another FNG

wcook
05-08-10, 21:52
Hello,

I just wanted to say this is a great website. I have been reading up on the carbine style AR's. On some other sights I have had to really weed through some rubbish and P*****g matches to glean any information. Happily that was not the case on this site.

Thanks to the handy spreadsheet/chart that was created and posted here, I was really able to learn some important facts, not just someone's opinion. As a result I ordered a Colt LE6940 this afternoon instead of the BM MOE I had planned on ordering before I started reading this forum over the last week. The Pony should be here by the end of the week.

Tonight I ordered the Magpul ACS and a MOE grip. Now I have to start researching optics! It never ends does it?

I look forward to continuing my AR education on this site. This was a big purchase for me so my appreciation for this site is sincere. I feel I got a high quality carbine for my money. :)

Wayne

OPPFOR
05-08-10, 22:22
Welcome. You have good taste in rifles and forums.

40Arpent
05-08-10, 22:26
I feel I got a high quality carbine for my money.

You most certainly did. Nicely done!

DaBears_85
05-09-10, 04:23
Hello,

I just wanted to say this is a great website. I have been reading up on the carbine style AR's. On some other sights I have had to really weed through some rubbish and P*****g matches to glean any information. Happily that was not the case on this site.

Thanks to the handy spreadsheet/chart that was created and posted here, I was really able to learn some important facts, not just someone's opinion. As a result I ordered a Colt LE6940 this afternoon instead of the BM MOE I had planned on ordering before I started reading this forum over the last week. The Pony should be here by the end of the week.

Tonight I ordered the Magpul ACS and a MOE grip. Now I have to start researching optics! It never ends does it?

I look forward to continuing my AR education on this site. This was a big purchase for me so my appreciation for this site is sincere. I feel I got a high quality carbine for my money. :)

Wayne

This forum is great, isn't it?

You definately made the right choice with the 6940 my friend, welcome and congratulations.

And no, it will never end...

scottd907
05-09-10, 13:12
Welcome to the site. Great choice on the Colt, and the Magpul products were also a great choice. Be sure to show it off once you get it.

What type of optics are you interested in? going with a fixed red dot? or a X powered scope?

wcook
05-09-10, 18:27
Thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as optics go, I am uncertain. I had the chance to look through an IOR Valdada (Sp?) and I liked the horse shoe reticle. I am open to suggestions.