PDA

View Full Version : Please help ID this surefire tail cap and switch

motorolahamm
05-11-10, 10:00
looking for model #s names for this tail pressure/tape switch i have the XM07 on my m962 but like this style on the m951. and can't find any info on surefires website tape switch is defective and i would like to replace it

thanks guys

Dennis
05-11-10, 13:26
I don't think SF makes those anymore, but you can try calling them and maybe they have some for replacements? Otherwise, you can try various SF retailers to see if they have old stock.

Dennis.

R.D.
05-11-10, 13:35
If I am understanding you right the pictured tape switch is broken and you want to replace it? If so call surefire. They have an exelent coustomer service department and stand behind their products I my experience.

As best I can tell from old catalogs the name of the switch is "presure tape switch" for a full size 6 or 9 volt body. Uxx is the model# of the switch ie. U07 is a 7" legnth wire/ U03 is a 3" wire. So measure your tape legnth from the tape switch to the tailcap and the legnth in inches will be the number designation after the U in the model number. I hope this isn't too confusing.

motorolahamm
05-12-10, 08:27
thanks guys for the help just could not find the model # searched found plenty of pictures but no model. ill give them an email . they will probally tell me that tape switches wear out but its worth a shot

SmokeJumper
05-12-10, 15:43
I'd give them a call, I've had better experience with calling them on broken parts/warranty issues. They'll take care of you

motorolahamm
05-19-10, 14:11
Yeah did get an ID ont the tail cap withtape switch it is the SU. But they dont make it anymore and wont warranty the tape switches even under normal wear and tear. So the moral of the storey is the guy said i could buy a xm series tail cap and plug switch and then if anything happens to the tape switch they said i simply just replace the switch. But i knew that because i have that xm07 on my m962

so they wanted to know if i wanted to replace the tailcap on the M951 to the xm07 they said it was only $129.00 . told them i would just buy another light complete and new on here or ebay for that price.

thanks everyone for the anwsers and tips

motorolahamm
05-19-10, 14:14
If I am understanding you right the pictured tape switch is broken and you want to replace it? If so call surefire. They have an exelent coustomer service department and stand behind their products I my experience.

As best I can tell from old catalogs the name of the switch is "presure tape switch" for a full size 6 or 9 volt body. Uxx is the model# of the switch ie. U07 is a 7" legnth wire/ U03 is a 3" wire. So measure your tape legnth from the tape switch to the tailcap and the legnth in inches will be the number designation after the U in the model number. I hope this isn't too confusing.

yeah understand just could not find that tailcap model number famil with m9 series of lights but not the older switches and caps is funny tho how one little change can take it from a m951 to 952 an xm07 04 thanks for the help on the id of the tail cap