PDA

View Full Version : Need some help ASAP

mnoe82
05-12-10, 13:52
I am meeting someone to trade pistols today after work. I am trading my M&P 40 Full Size for his M&P 9C. Both guns have the same MSRP and are in similar condition (IE rounds fired, cases, accessories, etc). Mine has 11 mags and his 8.

Should this be an even trade or should their be cash added by either party?

He offered to trade ammo round for round. Is that a good idea?

rgaper
05-12-10, 14:05
You are giving away more mags and more expensive ammunition. I would say he's making out on you by at least $50.

PrivateCitizen
05-12-10, 14:19
Assuming both are like condition:

Gun for gun, mag for mag.

Ammo depends on prices in your area … How much we talking? 50-100 rounds or 1000s?

11 for 8 mags? Nope. 60 bucks right there …

LOKNLOD
05-12-10, 14:21
Straight up trade is fair enough if you're both getting what you want out of the deal, but you're losing 3 extra mags in the deal. That's worth a few bucks. Even an extra $45 would be $15/mag, and that's a good deal for M&P mags.

Trading ammo round for round, you're losing some cash value as the one with the .40 ammo, since it costs more, but if you don't have another .40 to shoot it in, it's not really worth anything to you. The ammo situation would depend on how much you're talking about - if it's a few boxes, no biggie, but if you've each got a case, then there's a big value disparity there.

VolGrad
05-12-10, 14:23
Trade mag for mag and nothing less. If he isn't willing to pony up cash to cover them than just keep the 3 extra and sell them. Ammo is in his favor too but unless it's more than 250rds I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Fire_Medic
05-12-10, 14:26
As Volgrad said the ammo is even steven unless it's a large amount, but I would trade him mag for mag, or make him give me $50-$60 for the three additional ones.

Just my $0.02

mnoe82
05-12-10, 14:42
Thanks y'all. That's the only .40 I've got so I'm selling all my ammo. I've got about 300 rounds (~200 fmj and ~100 TAP and Winchester Supreme Elite). I think I'm gonna say round for round plus 50-100 cash depending on what kind of ammo he's got.

mnoe82
05-12-10, 18:45
He ended up only being able to find 6 mags. We swapped mag for mag and round for round and he gave me a (cheap) holster and 50 bucks. I feel pretty good about it.

Fire_Medic
05-12-10, 19:07
He ended up only being able to find 6 mags. We swapped mag for mag and round for round and he gave me a (cheap) holster and 50 bucks. I feel pretty good about it.

Congrats on your trade. :)

VolGrad
05-13-10, 10:26

Sounds like a fair deal.

Now you can list the cheap holster & your remaining mags for sale and get some more $ out of it to purchase the mags you actually need ... assuming you want more than 6 (which I would).