PDA

View Full Version : DEA rifle tests

Neville
05-14-07, 04:40
I would be grateful for any details on the DEA endurance/functional reliability test. Denny Hansen wrote in SWAT about a 15000 rds. test and a 5000rds. endurance test. Is the exact test protocol of these two tests known?
Thanks very much for any input!

5POINT56
05-14-07, 12:38
EDITED: Sorry for the comment, I know it didn't answer your question. I looked all over for the testing guidelines, but found very little.

Neville
05-14-07, 13:01
Don't want to start another this brand vs. that one thread. My interest is the testing prodcedure: in what amount of time were those 5000rds. fired, how many mags were used, etc.

Voodoochild
05-14-07, 13:38
Problem with getting the intel on the tests is that the info is usually keep confidential due to contract stipulations.

Stickman
05-14-07, 17:09
If you are .gov, you can often get the results with a letterhead request.

Voodoochild
05-14-07, 17:19
If you are .gov, you can often get the results with a letterhead request.

I was just going by what the RRA mod told everyone on TOS. About the time RRA got the contract everyone was bugging him for info and he told them no dice due to contract legalities.

davemcdonald
05-14-07, 18:41
Please believe me when I say that I know federal agencies like to keep everything on the QT. However.......

Since it is a federal agency and there was suposedly a solicitation for bid. I think FOIA would out weigh and contract legalities. The company may want to keep it secret but Uncle Sam would have to give up the goods if the proper Freedom Of Information Act request was filed with the agency.

Just my .02

Dave

Stickman
05-14-07, 21:30
I was just going by what the RRA mod told everyone on TOS. About the time RRA got the contract everyone was bugging him for info and he told them no dice due to contract legalities.

Sounds about right. When we need info, we tend to contact the agency that did the testing, and submit a request. When others want info, we do the same thing. Most have all info, or at least the final report burned to CD/ DVD, which makes it nice and easy.

A FOIA request should release info as well if someone is that motivated.

KevinB
05-15-07, 06:18
My guess on the 5k would be to google NATO Standard Small Arms endurance testing
;)

Neville
05-16-07, 01:05
Thanks for your input guys!