PDA

View Full Version : C3 may be yanking me around

RWBlue
05-14-07, 11:36
Is there a quick way to check to see if the ATF has approved a transfer?

i.e. I sent paperwork to registere a SBR and transfer a suppressor the same day. The SBR is approved. The paperwork for the suppressor should have been sent to the C3. I think they are holding it and not letting me know.

altav
05-14-07, 13:15
Call (304) 616-4500 and tell them that you would like to check the status of a transfer. They are going to ask you for the serial # so be prepared to give it to them. They might also ask you if you are the transferor or the transferee - just tell them the later and you should be G2G.

SuicideHz
05-15-07, 20:35
Why would they be jerking your chain?

RWBlue
05-17-07, 15:33
Why would they be jerking your chain?

Because I know he held the information for a couple months when the suppressor manufacturer sent it to him.
Because they can.
Because I am finding out that the C3 is a jerk in his day to day life.

Because it was approved on April 25th and I haven't heard anything from them.
Todays date is May 17th.

I would think that he would want the rest of his money, but maybe he has more important peolpe to deal with.

One thing is for sure, I am going to go back to the C3 that treated me right for the first 2 suppressors.

kg6mti
05-17-07, 15:46
Because I know he held the information for a couple months when the suppressor manufacturer sent it to him.
Because they can.
Because I am finding out that the C3 is a jerk in his day to day life.

Because it was approved on April 25th and I haven't heard anything from them.
Todays date is May 17th.

I would think that he would want the rest of his money, but maybe he has more important peolpe to deal with.

One thing is for sure, I am going to go back to the C3 that treated me right for the first 2 suppressors.

If you knew this person was a jerk from a previous business dealing why do you continue to do business with them?

When I encounter a business that treat me like crap or seems dishonest I don't do business with them again.

shark31
05-17-07, 16:07
What brand is the can? Sometimes the paperwork will be approved before the can ships. It's fairly common.

Right now I have a can that the ATF approved on my form 4 on April 2nd that I still don't have. I also have two other cans that still haven't been put on a form 3 to my dealer. I paid for all these cans in January. The NFA game is not for the impatient.

SuicideHz
05-17-07, 18:24
If you knew this person was a jerk from a previous business dealing why do you continue to do business with them?

When I encounter a business that treat me like crap or seems dishonest I don't do business with them again.

He didn't state that he ever had a bad encounter with him in the past.

RWBlue
05-17-07, 22:19

I have purchased several guns over many years from the this shop. I dealt with his father, many years back. The father was a nice guy. I am easy going, he is going. If something wasn't right he would tell you.

Now the current C3 is a different story. Since starting this process I have been told some items that were less than honest to total lies. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE WHO LIE TO MY FACE.

So I started, keeping a closer eye on him. I have been asking around finding out other stories.

That being said, I am not willing to name names until I have a chance to talk with him.