PDA

View Full Version : loading issues

carnage0014
05-12-10, 15:51
Today went to the range but ran into a problem even before firing. My pmags would not load into the rifle and lock only with the bolt locked in place would the mag lock and fire. I then checked the bcg to make sure everything was correct which it was. Then took one bullet out of my mags and the worked perfectly. Tried the upper on my friends lower and again they wouldn't work so is this a upper issue or mag issue any advice much appreciated. Just to know rifle is kac sr-15, with a bravo company charging handle. Have fired before with mags no problems I did store them for 2 weeks loaded but I feel this shouldn't be a issue.

LOKNLOD
05-12-10, 16:00
Are you saying that the mags would only insert fully and lock into the magazine well when the bolt was locked to the rear? But removing 1 round from the mag allowed it to work as expected?

If so, double check to make sure you weren't loading them to 31 rounds. Pmags will often take 31 and then they're even tighter than an aluminum mag with 30 rounds.

Iraqgunz
05-12-10, 17:10
Forgive me, your post is a little confusing. Please explain the issue a little better. My guess is that you had too many rounds loaded. If you have 30 rounds loaded then your last round will be on the right side, 31 and it will be on the left.

carnage0014
05-12-10, 19:29
Crown me with the stupidity award for the year. I went and did a round count in my mags and sure enough they each had 31 rounds in them. thanks for the help

Quib
05-12-10, 19:31
Post #11

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?1613-FAQ-s-BASIC-INSPECTIONS-AND-PROCEDURES

CAVDOC
05-13-10, 09:39
FWIW it is not uncommon to have this problem with GI mags and issue rifles- it is considered a good idea to only load 28 rounds to give a little more space in the mag for compression.
In the .mil we are often required in certain locations to carry in condition yellow- mag in but empty chamber- the chance of a misfeed when charging a full mag from con yellow is higher than if you download a round or two