PDA

View Full Version : FLC configuration advice needed

Blankwaffe
05-12-10, 19:45
Gota question for the professional military folks here...
Whats a common pouch configuration on an FLC that will distribute the load the best,and be the most functional?
Setup I have includes:
2 canteen pouches
2 three mag shingles
3 double mag pouches.
Two grenade pouches I will use as utility/first aid kit.

Should some of the weight be moved to the rear to disribute the weight?

Any info,tips and pics would be appreciated.

Adam0331
05-12-10, 20:55
Gota question for the professional military folks here...
Whats a common pouch configuration on an FLC that will distribute the load the best,and be the most functional?
Setup I have includes:
2 canteen pouches
2 three mag shingles
3 double mag pouches.
Two grenade pouches I will use as utility/first aid kit.

Should some of the weight be moved to the rear to disribute the weight?

Any info,tips and pics would be appreciated.

I would put all the mag pouches in front, maybe positioned on whichever side your weak hand is so you can do reloads, with grenade pouches above them, or on your side if you use them for a med kit. Then canteen pouches on your sides or possibly get a camelbak and attach it to the back.

Blankwaffe
05-12-10, 21:20
Alright,from what you describe thats how the FLC came configured right out of the bag.
Vest body front has a three mag shingle on each side.Left side has two double mag pouches on top of the shingle with canteen pouch on the side.Right side has a double mag pouch on top of the three mag shingle followed by the two grenade pouches stacked on top of each other,and a canteen pouch on the side.
Feels pretty good,so I'll try it as is for awhile.Kinda reminds me of my SKD/Eagle chest rig,but more secure.

SoDak
05-12-10, 22:00
You might check out this thread to see what configurations others have used with their FLC.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=270564

All I have on my FLCs are some mag pouches on the front left side. I tried using a canteen pouch, but I have to move them to the belt section because if they are any further ahead I can't put my arms flat at my sides. It's probably not a big deal, but I'm wide enough as it is. Also, I did the so called chest rig mod so it works best for just hauling mags and other little necessities.

Blankwaffe
05-16-10, 01:40
The ARFCOM thread is lengthy and full of color concerns.
I used the FLC all day today at the range and its good to go....no complaints.Left it in the original configuration and use the canteen pouches as utility and as small dump pouch.
I prefer the camelbak as well,much easier to deal with and cuts down on the bulk.
CheaperThanDirt still has some of the SDS FLC sets in ACU if anyone is interested...MOLLE-531 brand new in the bag for $29.97.