PDA

View Full Version : Grip Tape hunt

apache64
05-12-10, 21:23
We are not allowed to stipple our duty Glocks. We are allowed to apply grip tape. I am looking for a less abrasive grit grip tape. My current stuff rips up my clothing.

I saw a pre-cut kit for a Glock. I would prefer a general band of tape that I can cut or use for other items. I thought 3M made a rubber-surfaced grip tape. I cannot locate it.

Thanks.

Eagle1*
05-12-10, 21:39
We are not allowed to stipple our duty Glocks. We are allowed to apply grip tape. I am looking for a less abrasive grit grip tape. My current stuff rips up my clothing.

I saw a pre-cut kit for a Glock. I would prefer a general band of tape that I can cut or use for other items. I thought 3M made a rubber-surfaced grip tape. I cannot locate it.

Thanks.

Here is what I did, go to your local kids skate board store and check out the board replacement grip tape sheets for the skate boards. Mine had different colors as well as different gripyness sheets to choose from. It is a big sheet and will last you years, as it only costs maybe $10.00/$15.00 a sheet and that is a high estimate. Go home cut out what you need and put it on your gun, any gun grip for that matter, works like a charm!!:D

calicojack
05-12-10, 21:45

davemcdonald
05-12-10, 21:45
Try also places that sell Hockey gear

glockeyed
05-13-10, 08:22
"A GRIP"

http://www.brookstactical.com/

Robb Jensen
05-13-10, 08:47
Try also places that sell Hockey gear

+1 the sticky tape they use on Hockey sticks is pretty nice for a grippy surface. I've used it in the past. It's also easily replaceable and not quite as bulky as the Hogue slip on or Michaels slip on sleeves for Glocks.

Way back in the late 1980's (yes I'm old) with Glocks I used to used a piece of bicycle inner tube crazy glued down to the frame for a grippy surface on the old Glock Gen 1s.

LMarshall73
05-13-10, 15:11
I'm using skateboard grip tape on the top and sides of the slide. I've used both types of "decal grip" (sand and pebble textures) but it seemed to grab when CCW. A few days ago I cut a section of mountain bike inner tube to length for my G26 and my G19. It provides a good grip and doesn't seem to grab my cover garment as much.

RD62
05-13-10, 16:16
I went to the local "Skate Shop" and asked if they had any left over grip tape scraps they were throwing out and if I could have them.

They gave them to me and acted like I was doing them a favor.

I used it on the front strap of my 1911.

The "scraps" were enough to last me a LONG time, and almost all were of a useable size once trimmed.

Just a suggestion....

-RD62

apache64
05-13-10, 20:39
Thanks everyone.

I have some old skate tape, fine grit that is about gone. I received the coarse stuff in abundance.

If anyone gets a line on the rubber texture stuff like they use to make the pre-cut gun sections for about $10.00, please advise. I would prefer to get a large sheet of the stuff to customize.

Calicojack, thanks but your link would not open.

theblackknight
05-17-10, 17:58
Just ask for the least grippy tape at the skateshop. They will probaly still have scraps in the trash. Destructo makes not so grippy tape. Stay away from MOB griptape. It's the roughest shit ever.

Tennvol12345
05-17-10, 18:32
3M Stairtape, a roll is like $5 at Home Depot and will last you for years