PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the assault ban?

njsportsman
05-13-10, 11:24
I live in New Jersey a state that still has limitations on AR's etc. My question is simple I believe there are 4 other states with similar limitations. Can someone explain what the differences between New Jersey and the other states are? For example what is the California Bullet Button? Out of the 5 states which has the strictest rules when it comes to AR's, M4's etc. thanks

Inuvik
05-13-10, 16:01
In California, true "assault weapons" must be registered with California DOJ.

With regards to new purchases, no mags over 10 rounds allowed, and if the rifle has any "evil features", it must not have a detachable magazine. The Bullet Button is a device that replaces the normal mag release with one that does not allow you to drop the mag with your finger, but forces you to use a tool.

Go to Calguns.net for detailed info on California's rules.

Renegade
05-13-10, 16:12
Out of the 5 states which has the strictest rules when it comes to AR's, M4's etc. thanks

I think NJ is the worst. It has no grandfathering AFAIK.

Bob2222
05-13-10, 19:36
The Garden State requires just about every modification used for the generically available "compliant" AW ban ARs.

Except we're allowed a 15 round detachable magazine. All the other restrictive states limit capacity to 10 except Maryland allows 20 (I think).

Byron
05-13-10, 21:38
Maryland allows 20 (I think).
MD does indeed have a 20 round limit for magazines purchased/sold/transferred/manufactured in-state. Interestingly enough, ownership or usage isn't restricted, even on new mags. MD residents can (and do) purchase all sizes of mags in other states and then bring them on home to keep and use.

graffex
05-13-10, 22:52
MD does indeed have a 20 round limit for magazines purchased/sold/transferred/manufactured in-state. Interestingly enough, ownership or usage isn't restricted, even on new mags. MD residents can (and do) purchase all sizes of mags in other states and then bring them on home to keep and use.

Indeed we do. Some companies are even kind enough to ship 30 rounders right to your house here as well :)