PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Glock grips

graffex
05-15-07, 14:56
I'm looking to get and after market grip for my Glock 17. I have a hard time griping my Glock when my hands get sweaty which is 90% of the time. I like the sound of the A-Grip but i was wondering how much it increases the size of the grip. I want something that has good grip, doesn't make the grip noticeably larger, and will last for a good while.

Dport
05-15-07, 18:07
I'm looking to get and after market grip for my Glock 17. I have a hard time griping my Glock when my hands get sweaty which is 90% of the time. I like the sound of the A-Grip but i was wondering how much it increases the size of the grip. I want something that has good grip, doesn't make the grip noticeably larger, and will last for a good while.

Sounds like you want an AGrip. It meets your three criteria.

Matt Edwards
05-15-07, 18:09
Check out Eric Wesselman. He makes pre cut sand paper style grips. I use them on all my Glocks even when concealed. I was turned onto them by a freind in a Glock using unit over seas.
Matt

graffex
05-15-07, 18:39
Check out Eric Wesselman. He makes pre cut sand paper style grips. I use them on all my Glocks even when concealed. I was turned onto them by a freind in a Glock using unit over seas.
Matt

I heard of them after I believe GotM4 posted pictures of his Glock with them on. My only concern with it is based on the website they don't seem to be very durable. I don't want something I'm going to have to replace a couple of times a year. Perhaps they last longer than I think though?

Robb Jensen
05-15-07, 18:45
I heard of them after I believe GotM4 posted pictures of his Glock with them on. My only concern with it is based on the website they don't seem to be very durable. I don't want something I'm going to have to replace a couple of times a year. Perhaps they last longer than I think though?

It holds up pretty well. A set lasts me about 8K rounds per Glock, definately use the Tire Glue that he sells as well. It's keeps the end from coming undone on the right side from grip pressure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/21SFpicsleftside.jpg

Matt Edwards
05-15-07, 19:33
He gives an istruction sheet to go along with them that is pretty funny. If you follow the directions, they last a while. I'll admit though, if the gun is submerged, you will have issues.

SuicideHz
05-15-07, 20:11
I was surprised at the intensity of the instructions- not that it's hard but they are 100x better and more complete than ANY firearms related item's instructions I've bought in years including scopes and reloading presses!!

They are nice and I never wore through the grips. They seem to lose some "sand" but it makes them just about the right stickiness for me.

I like them.

I removed them and only installed the front piece after cutting it down a little bit this last time around. First ones didn't wear out, I just didn't need it all.

I used a piece from the back portion to place on the fronstrap of my SA 1911 and it's great.

R Moran
05-15-07, 21:19
Eric grips have lasted longer on my glocks then any stair or skate tape I've used.

Careful w/ the solvent though.

Bob

graffex
05-16-07, 00:25
How does the Wesselman grip compare to the A-grip? I can't decide which on to get.

R Moran
05-16-07, 08:50
No idea, isn't the a-grip the one that has the velvet feel to it?

Bob

Neville
05-16-07, 12:31
Yep. My hands are used to PC work and thus not used to abrasive things, so I really prefer the A-Grip. I also like that it gets tackier when its wet.

Obiwan
05-17-07, 10:15
My piece of mountain bike innertube is holding up great:D

SuicideHz
05-17-07, 18:26
I draft on the computer all day and the wesselman grip isn't too severe.

A-grip is like velvet but feels thicker.

Wesselman's is sandpaper-ish.

johnson601
05-17-07, 18:32
My piece of mountain bike innertube is holding up great:D

Uncle Mikes rubber grip $5. (Cheaper than innertube):D

SuicideHz
05-17-07, 23:15
Well if you want rubber those are most certainly two options. I believe we were looking for rougher or sandy types and the question came up as to what the A-grip was...

Dport
05-18-07, 06:56
Well if you want rubber those are most certainly two options. I believe we were looking for rougher or sandy types and the question came up as to what the A-grip was...

No mention was made of sandy types in the original post.

Obiwan
05-18-07, 10:31
"I want something that has good grip, doesn't make the grip noticeably larger, and will last for a good while"

Innertube does all that

And since I had a tube with a bad valve that I could not repair...I have enough for a dozen pistols at ZERO $$$

Even if I bought a new one it would not cost $5.00 for a tube

And you don;t have to worry about the shraeder/presta question :p

SuicideHz
05-18-07, 17:47
ah, you're right. Sorry...

05-18-07, 19:40
He gives an istruction sheet to go along with them that is pretty funny. If you follow the directions, they last a while. I'll admit though, if the gun is submerged, you will have issues.

The sheriff got a new gun cleaner and not only did he discolor two of my Glocks, he managed to remove my grips. I like a clean gun, but even I don't need it that clean.