PDA

View Full Version : Major problem with my new AR

ZeBool
05-14-10, 16:13
Hi everyone, first post here. I purchased a Spikes M4LE 3 weeks ago which finally arrived today. I was hoping my first post here would be to share my positive experience with this rifle, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

The problem: The rifle often will not feed a round fully into the chamber, and when it does, it often scores the brass deeply. I have seated the mag properly(very hard slap) and have used the bolt release to chamber the round, yet nothing seems to work. It does this with two separate mags ( 2 different companies) and does it consistently. What could be causing this? Any thoughts??????

Attached is a picture of the bolt face and gouged brass

C-grunt
05-14-10, 16:18
Somethings wrong with the chamber. Call Spikes.

TOrrock
05-14-10, 16:18
You need to contact Spikes and give them a chance to take a look at the rifle and fix it under warranty.

skyugo
05-14-10, 16:24
have a look into the chamber.. is it smooth and round inside? :confused:

T-TAC
05-14-10, 16:32
Take the upper off. Remove the Bolt and carrier. Drop a live round into the chamber. if it drops right in, the chamber isn't the problem.
Next thing to look at is the bolt. Press down on the side of the extractor and push the pin out with a punch. Flip the extractor over and look at the spring. It should be a fairly stiff spring with a black "Bumper" inside of it. It may have a black "O" ring around it. If it does remove the O ring and reassemble.
I'm thinking too much extractor tension. The O ring isn't needed on 99.9% of the bolts out there.

ZeBool
05-14-10, 17:07
Thanks for the help guys, but I called Spike's and they're sending a replacement Monday and i will send that one in. Very polite and helpful!

tobasco
05-14-10, 17:43
ive had a problem like that too, good luck and hope it turns out okay!

Jay Cunningham
05-14-10, 17:47
Sounds like it is resolved for now.