PDA

View Full Version : RX01NSN reflex sight-in ques

rram4guy
05-14-10, 20:27
I let a buddy borrow my m4 with Trijicon RX01NSN Reflex on it and he jacked up the zero - then tried to reset it by pushing far right top ... I've tried to bring it back and it's a pain. Would love solutions from anyone who had the same problem and accomplished the goal. TIA

beavo451
05-15-10, 22:58
I let a buddy borrow my m4 with Trijicon RX01NSN Reflex on it and he jacked up the zero - then tried to reset it by pushing far right top ... I've tried to bring it back and it's a pain. Would love solutions from anyone who had the same problem and accomplished the goal. TIA

Can you explain this part?

rram4guy
05-16-10, 09:07
Can you explain this part?

Caveat: I am not well-versed in zeroing a weapon. I've been lucky that everything I bought was close and I just had to tweak by a few clicks.

Answer: My buddy 'lost' the dot; he gave it (unit) back to me and said 'I tried to push far right top, but now it's [dot] gone.' So I pushed it as far as the adjustment wheels allowed, then slowly brought it back until it appeared. While dry zeroing, I see the dot but simply cannot get it to line up happy. Does this provide enough info?

Goal: The problem is likely shooter error, so I'm hoping for guidance before I live fire zero so I don't have to go back to the range in case I can't get it myself.

TIA

beavo451
05-16-10, 09:38
Turn the both adjustments all the way one direction. Then turn them the opposite direction until they stop again. Count each click and divide that number by half. Turn the adjustments back that number of clicks and you will be back at mechanical zero. Tedious, yes. Or you could call Trijicon and ask how many total clicks there are and divide that.

rram4guy
05-16-10, 10:06
Genius! And some great, basic common sense I must - DOH!! - embassingly admit I missed. Tedious, perhaps. Effective, certainly. Thanks huge, brother.