PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Arradondo Springs for the M&P?

RogerinTPA
05-15-10, 12:33
I just ordered some and found that they are the correct length for the mag extensions, but I'm puzzled that they aren't really designed to fit the M&P followers. It appears that the top of the springs do not even come close to the design of the OEM M&P springs that fit the followers. I've called and emailed the company several times, but they haven't responded back. Is there a special tweak to be made on the mag springs or should I send them back?

Robb Jensen
05-15-10, 13:08
I use the WWW.speedshootersspecialties.com springs in my regular mags and my mags with Arrendondo equipped ones. They work very well together.

RogerinTPA
05-15-10, 14:45
I use the WWW.speedshootersspecialties.com springs in my regular mags and my mags with Arrendondo equipped ones. They work very well together.

Thanks for the link. I'm pretty disappointed in Arrendondo's site selling these M&P springs that won't fit M&P mag followers. I'll be sending them back asap.

jaxman7
05-16-10, 04:27
Do you mean that the top small coil will not fit into the 'hump' on the bottom of the follower? All my mags have the new follower (grey with the number 9) and my arredondos work fine. Any differences in the bottom of the followers between new and old? For clarification, I have the kit and not just the extended base pad.

RogerinTPA
05-16-10, 07:57
Do you mean that the top small coil will not fit into the 'hump' on the bottom of the follower? All my mags have the new follower (grey with the number 9) and my arredondos work fine. Any differences in the bottom of the followers between new and old? For clarification, I have the kit and not just the extended base pad.

If you compare the OEM Springs to the ones Arradondo advertises (that I have), the top coil doesn't have a bend to insert into the follower hole. All of my mags are light gray. The springs will fit inside the follower, but is not secure because their coil isn't designed to fit in that hole. I'll get some pics up later this afternoon.

R Moran
05-16-10, 19:35
Roger,
I have the same springs, I bought from Speed Shooters. IF you look at SSS web site, a little pop up comes up, when you click on the magazine spring. It mentions it is not made to hook into the follower like the factory spring.
I was a bit perplexed myself when I got them. I installed them and ran a few drills, and they seemed OK. I loaded them up with 19 rounds, I use them in a .40, let them sit a week or two, and just ran them today, no issues. Other then I can only get 19 rounds in them.

Bob

RogerinTPA
05-16-10, 21:03
Roger,
I have the same springs, I bought from Speed Shooters. IF you look at SSS web site, a little pop up comes up, when you click on the magazine spring. It mentions it is not made to hook into the follower like the factory spring.
I was a bit perplexed myself when I got them. I installed them and ran a few drills, and they seemed OK. I loaded them up with 19 rounds, I use them in a .40, let them sit a week or two, and just ran them today, no issues. Other then I can only get 19 rounds in them.

Bob

When I ordered, no "pop up" came up. I'll try them and see how it goes. Thanks for the info Bob.

Roger

R Moran
05-16-10, 21:22
I think I clicked on the description or picture, and a little window opend up, and it mentioned the issue.

I don't remember it, from when I ordered, but after your post I went and looked at them, to see if they were the same ones.

Bob