PDA

View Full Version : My LE6940 Arrived

wcook
05-15-10, 16:24
As the title says, my new rifle arrived. I am stoked to say the least. It was like Christmas today. I am new to this game but the quality exceeds my expectations. The followers in the factory mags suck but I have a bunch of Pmags. I had no idea the selector/safety is reversible but the manual says it is ( I am a southpaw). I need to get out and shoot it. I will post pics later.

:cool:

mofeen
05-23-10, 07:37
Nice! I just got one last week too. My first AR.

How does you upper and lower fit? Mine has a slight wobble to it, but after reading some posts here I am wondering if this is normal? I picked up an Accu Wedge anyhow and will install this week.

Also, how do you like that Magpul ACS stock? Does it add much weight compared to the original stock?

ChicagoTex
05-23-10, 07:53
How does you upper and lower fit? Mine has a slight wobble to it, but after reading some posts here I am wondering if this is normal? I picked up an Accu Wedge anyhow and will install this week.

Slight wobble is normal and good, it means the parts were actually machined properly.

NEVER install an Accu Wedge in a gun you want to be reliable, they have a nasty habit of getting loose and getting chewed up and into the bolt carrier group and spring/buffer assemblies and fouling things up, sometimes very severely. Oh, and they DON'T improve accuracy.

Chameleox
05-23-10, 08:09
Entirely normal. Nothing to worry about. There can be wobble between the upper and lower receiver, just not between the upper receiver and the barrel, or the sights.

Forget the accuwedge; by all accounts its a solution to an internet problem, and like Chicagotex said, it can possibly cause more problems down the road.

Very nice 6940! From everything I've read, it looks like Colt made a real winner.

GS163
05-23-10, 09:04
Great lookin gun. I got mine a few months ago and love it. Mine however does not look like that anymore to say the least............oh, and the slight wobble, mine does it to and have had no problems putting close to 1000 rounds through it so far.

larryp
05-23-10, 09:39
Nice looking weapon!

djegators
05-23-10, 10:11
Pics as attachements only annoy me. Here ya go, nice looking rifle:

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5043&d=1273974031

I receently added a 6920 to the stable, excellent rifle.

mofeen
05-23-10, 10:43
Slight wobble is normal and good, it means the parts were actually machined properly.

NEVER install an Accu Wedge in a gun you want to be reliable, they have a nasty habit of getting loose and getting chewed up and into the bolt carrier group and spring/buffer assemblies and fouling things up, sometimes very severely. Oh, and they DON'T improve accuracy.

Do you have bad experiences with them? All the reviews online and on YouTube seem pretty positive. I wasn't suspecting them to improve accuracy really, I was just hoping for a better fit and finish. That rattle annoys me!!!!!!!

wcook
05-23-10, 11:14
Thanks for the complements Gents. My rifle has a slight wobble but very minor. My understanding is that does not affect accuracy. The ACS seems to balance the rifle well. I am very happy with it.

I still need optics. The only problem is now I have an FNAR also (The deal was too good to pass up) so optics are going to break me.

Thanks djegators. I will put pictures IN the post from now on! :D

ChicagoTex
05-23-10, 11:20
Do you have bad experiences with them?

No. I learned from countless other forum members and other experienced shooters and SMEs. I don't have to personally try what I know is a bad idea, that I've been told is a bad idea, myself to know it's a bad idea.

All the reviews online and on YouTube seem pretty positive.

By and large gun reviews on YouTube are posted by some of the biggest morons in the gun community. There are exceptions, but they are very few and far between.

That rattle annoys me!!!!!!!

Then you shouldn'tve bought an AR. They're all like that, by design.

djegators
05-23-10, 11:21
An Aimpoint H1/T1 would be sweet on a 6940..save your pennies, there are some good package deals out there.

William B.
05-23-10, 11:37
Deleted

William B.
05-23-10, 11:40
How does you upper and lower fit? Mine has a slight wobble to it, but after reading some posts here I am wondering if this is normal?

Trust us. It's normal and won't cause any problems.

As the title says, my new rifle arrived. I am stoked to say the least. It was like Christmas today. I am new to this game but the quality exceeds my expectations. The followers in the factory mags suck but I have a bunch of Pmags. I had no idea the selector/safety is reversible but the manual says it is ( I am a southpaw). I need to get out and shoot it. I will post pics later.

Congrats on the new Colt!

Daekwan
05-23-10, 16:55
Mine has no wobble, its very solid.

FYI.. Barrel nut wrench is finally available, but the only option right now is sending the barrel off to get chopped down. No standard barrels will fit.

thopkins22
05-23-10, 17:21
Ditto on throwing the accuwedge in the trash and marking it up as a lesson learned.... Same goes for learning from YouTube...Jason Falla, Larry Vickers, Kyle Lamb, and a few others do some stuff worth while there...but beyond that you need to be cautious.

I'm sure that there's ONE legitimate expert somewhere in the world who advocates them, but I've yet to meet him or read about it from him.