PDA

View Full Version : Picked up some new stuff!

Rated21R
05-16-10, 09:04
So the BX was having a pretty good sale going on (6 months same as cash and nice prices too). I talked to the wife and we agreed it was time for her to get a pistol. I got her a Ruger LCR with Crimson Trace grips. I also took the liberty of picking up a M&P 15-22 and I have a M&P Compact on order. After that went to the gun show and picked up some .38 SPL, 9mm, 22LR, and .223 ammo for unreal prices (not Wolf or anything, pretty much all Federal, lowest prices I've seen in a while). It was a pretty good Saturday. Anyway, here is picture of the new items (minus the M&P compact).

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/4640/dsc0001sg.jpg

MarshallDodge
05-16-10, 09:15
Nice stuff. You will have to let us know how the 15-22 does. My son wants one but I wanted to wait till they were out a while.

M4arc
05-16-10, 09:30
I bought my son a S&W M&P15-22 from G&R Tactical and it's a sweet little carbine! I want one for myselft now ;)

We're going to the range in about 30 minutes so he can blast away some more.

Keep me posted on the Ruger LCR because I was thinking about getting one for my wife. I'd like to know how it shoots and try and decide between the LCR and a S&W 442.

Rated21R
05-16-10, 09:58
We are headed out to shoot today so I will let folks know how it goes. Enjoy your range time!

rob_s
05-16-10, 10:26
Here's hoping your M&P runs better than mine. I can't get the damn .22 to work at all. Just haven't had time to call S&W to send it back and they refuse to issue a call tag over email.

GermanSynergy
05-16-10, 18:15
Very nice! Once your M&P 9 C arrives you probably won't be getting it back from the wife, so it's a perfect excuse to pick up another :D

Rated21R
05-16-10, 18:25
Very nice! Once your M&P 9 C arrives you probably won't be getting it back from the wife, so it's a perfect excuse to pick up another :D

The M&P C is mine :D She got the LCR with CT grips. I think we are both happy.

bullseye
05-16-10, 19:08
Here's hoping your M&P runs better than mine. I can't get the damn .22 to work at all. Just haven't had time to call S&W to send it back and they refuse to issue a call tag over email.

oh yeah,, this sounds familiar,,same here.

M4arc
05-16-10, 19:13
My son ran about 200 rounds through his M&P15-22 this afternoon with minimal issues. I say that because most of the time it failed to fire was when he tried to chamber the first round of a new magazine. He wasn't pulling back the charging and letting it fly. But he's only eight so I didn't think much of it. We were running Remington Golden Bullets (hollow points) and he probably experienced 4-5 failures to fire total. One such issue was the round nose dived down in the magazine preventing anything else from feeding.

I had lubed it up with Mobile 1 before we went and it ran much better than it did the first time out but it was almost bone dry then.

Overall I'm very happy with it but I would like to find out if it likes some other type of ammo better.

planenutz
05-17-10, 04:19
[QUOTE=Rated21R;656198]So the BX was having a pretty good sale going on (6 months same as cash and nice prices too). I talked to the wife and we agreed it was time for her to get a pistol.QUOTE]

Your BX has guns available?? :*-(

fls9497
05-17-10, 05:06
Enjoy the new toys!

Rated21R
05-17-10, 07:11

Sure does. They just opened not too far back. It has been very popular here. :D

MarshallDodge
05-17-10, 16:11
Not trying to derail the thread but a few things I have found with my 22's-

I am not too concerned with 100% reliability out of the 22's that I have or would purchase because I don't use them for competition or self defense so the occasional jam is not a big deal. I run them because they are cheap and my boys won't shoot me out of house and home.

I purchased a Kimber 22 conversion kit for my 1911 about five years ago and it took a little discovering of what it liked before I got decent reliability out of it. When I first got it I started off with Federal bulk pack ammo which works great in my other 22's, but would jam once or twice a mag in this kit. It liked CCI Mini Mags but I can reload 45ACP for what those things cost.

When 22 ammo got scarce last year I found some Remington Golden Bullet bulk packs and gave those a try, lo and behold the gun became much better. They are a lot hotter than the Federals and cost about the same. Keeping the gun clean (about every 300 rounds) and using a light oil (Slipstream works great in mine) the gun runs like a champ now.

Rated21R
05-17-10, 20:22
Just got back from the range. I shot 50 rounds of Federal Game Shok 38 grain copper plated hollow point through the 15-22 without a hitch. I also shot 25 rounds of PMC Bronze 132 grain FMJ through the LCR without any issues. Both are very fun to shoot. Unfortunately my wife could not join me (she is a little over 8 months pregnant and they frown on pregnant ladies on the range). I let her know that her pistol is a great little shooter and it will be ready for her to shoot. So far no complaints at all. All I need to do know is just dial in the sights on both and we will be in business.

dewshe
05-17-10, 21:35
I've got the LCR and I love it. I shot some +P ammo last time at the range, and it kicks like an angry mule, but it was surprisingly accurate (no CT grip).

DragonDoc
05-18-10, 16:11
[QUOTE=Rated21R;656198]So the BX was having a pretty good sale going on (6 months same as cash and nice prices too). I talked to the wife and we agreed it was time for her to get a pistol.QUOTE]

Fort Knox's PX had a gun counter back in '06. I wish Fort Sam, Lackland, or Randolph had a gun counter.