PDA

View Full Version : S&W Warrenty work (awesome)...Interesting return

RadioActivity
05-16-10, 11:49
So I sent my M&P9c back, which had a dead tritium vial in the front sight from the factory (It happens, and it's hard to QC)

My M&P9 FS had the dreaded extraction problem (Occuring about once in every 200 rounds). No biggie, I have 5 M&P's and niggling issues happen.

I left a simple note asking that they upgrade the striker to the latest revision, as both pistols are carry pieces.

The M&P9c came back with a replaced tritium front sight and an extra striker assembly. The Full Size came back with M&P9 pro sights front (green fiber optic) and rear (plain black), performance center firing pin plunger, and the necessary warranty work replacing the extractor, spring, and "barrel work" which I am inclined to say was polishing the chamber, and the striker assembly updated to the current gen. Plus all the old factory parts, and of course a free magazine that was curiously a 10 rounder (I live in PA)

I am surprised! Maybe someone at S&W thinks I'm cute...

javentre
05-16-10, 12:18
I hope my 9C comes back as yours did ....

SpookyPistolero
05-16-10, 12:20
Very cool! I hear more and more impressive stories about the S&W customer service.

RadioActivity
05-16-10, 13:02
I am thinking it is because I had sent them two guns for warranty work, and perhaps they felt they needed to make a good showing. Which they did.

varoadking
05-16-10, 16:25
I am thinking it is because I had sent them two guns for warranty work, and perhaps they felt they needed to make a good showing. Which they did.

I think that's just the usual S&W Customer Service that many of us have come to expect...and appreciate...

citizensoldier16
05-16-10, 16:30
My 9c is currently at S&W for accuracy problems and sight alignment. I had a GREAT experience with the S&W rep on the phone when I called them, and I hope the finished product will be similar to your outcome. Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll be sure to post mine when it comes back.

M4arc
05-16-10, 18:42
I've been very critical of the M&P even though mine never had any problems but one this I've praised from the start (both here and on mp-pistol.com) is S&W's customer service. They have always taken care of the issues and went above and beyond for us.

Kudos to them!

Mark/MO
05-16-10, 18:49
I too think S&W customer service is excellent. A couple of years ago I emailed with a couple of questions regarding one of their products and was asked to please return the gun. They explained they would really like to look it over after hearing my questions. The were fast, kept me informed the entire time and fixed the issues. What more can you ask for?

I really wish I could get this kind of service when dealing with the other issues of life.

Chameleox
05-16-10, 19:10
I emailed them last year about an M&P15 that I bought used. I got an email back with more information about the specs, when it was made, etc. I also had to return a part later on, and was surprised that they replaced my item with a newer upgraded version.

Very impressed.

TheSmiter1
05-16-10, 22:17
I think that's just the usual S&W Customer Service that many of us have come to expect...and appreciate...

I sent them one of my old M&Ps. They returned it with nothing extra, no night sights (even though I requested they add them, and gave them my info so they could charge me), and the grip tool missing.

They fixed the firearm and sent me a new tool, so I was fine with it. But still, I never expect extraordinary stuff like this.

HES
05-17-10, 11:47
How long is the turn around on the S&W work?