PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Micro

whitecoyote
05-16-07, 17:03
Has anyone seen, or had any experience with the Aimpoint Micro?
http://www.aimpoint.com/products/aimpoint_product_lines/aimpoint_micro_t-1

Thanks

Robb Jensen
05-16-07, 18:12
They're pretty kickass. I'm thinking of adding one as a close range optic for my 3gun rifle for the matches where I'm "Open" class anyway.

I tried fitting one just behind my LaRue SPR-E using a YHM 45degree picatinny mount. Where the blue arrow is pointing below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/Aimpointlocation.jpg

The YHM mount fit there fine but allowed the body of the Aimpoint to contact the eyepiece of my Leupold scope. If the YHM mount were 1/8" further out it would fit perfectly. This places the Aimpoint just behind and above the brass deflector. If LaRue made a 45degree mount for their scope rings it would kickass.

With it on my rifle like I had it mounted, it makes it so that the rifle doesn't have to be canted as much as it does using the JP close range iron sights. In theory it should be way faster than the sights, as it's a 4MOA dot and the rifle only needs roughly half as much cant to use the Aimpoint.

Jay Cunningham
05-16-07, 19:16
I am anxiously awaiting one to mount on an UltiMAK modified SLR-106FR.

FJB
05-16-07, 21:40
The Aimpoint Micro T-1 rocks! It is extremely rugged. 5 year constant on battery life.

I've ran it on an 870 in a Louis Awerbuck/Scott Reitz Shotgun class firing 100 slugs, 100 00B, and 400 target loads in three days. Shot IPSC size steel target at 120 yards at night only full moon and Scotts Hummer 2 illuminating the target. Went 18 for 18 with it. Same Micro has fired over 400 rounds through an M249 Para-Saw. A mount for the ACOG is in design.

I'll post pictures shortly.

S/F

whitecoyote
05-16-07, 22:13
The Aimpoint Micro T-1 rocks! It is extremely rugged. 5 year constant on battery life.

I've ran it on an 870 in a Louis Awerbuck/Scott Reitz Shotgun class firing 100 slugs, 100 00B, and 400 target loads in three days. Shot IPSC size steel target at 120 yards at night only full moon and Scotts Hummer 2 illuminating the target. Went 18 for 18 with it. Same Micro has fired over 400 rounds through an M249 Para-Saw. A mount for the ACOG is in design.

I'll post pictures shortly.

S/F

Good review, Thanks!
What is the going price of the Aimpoint micro?

SuicideHz
05-16-07, 23:17
Yeah I'm interested in price too!

ETA: wish it was smaller than 4moa though...

FJB
05-17-07, 00:02
The 4 MOA actually seems smaller when looking through.

It comes with its own integral mount (uses an Allen wrench) that fits both Picatinny and Weaver (recommend #36M base mount if using a Weaver). Mark LaRue is making a riser mount for M4 Carbines and Aimpoint will be coming out with a throw lever mount soon.

Micro T-1 submersible to 85 feet and 4 NVD settings is $650 retail.
Micro H-1 submersible to 15 feet no NVD settings is $580 retail.

Aimpoint is now shipping them and filling back orders, so go to your favorite Aimpoint dealer and order one now.

See attached photos

S/F

Jay Cunningham
05-17-07, 06:03
Aimpoint is now shipping them and filling back orders, so go to your favorite Aimpoint dealer and order one now.

Well shucks, Grant is my favorite dealer...

Grant?

:confused:

:D

SuicideHz
05-17-07, 18:29
Well I'd have to say it IS too big for the top of an ACOG. Jesus H...

FJB
05-17-07, 21:11
SuicideHZ,
The picture was taken with my phone camera, thus it doesn't acurately depict the size proportionally. The size of the Micro in comparison to the ACOG isn't the issue as much as the 4 1/2 inch dot to bore offset for CQB distance shooting (same problem with J-Points), esp. instant capacitation shots i.e. brain. This can be over come with training, but not an optimum solution.

A better solution is what GotM4 has in mind for his 3 Gun carbine. On that note, I would recommend that he take off his iron sights on the forend and mount the Micro there. Attached are some pictures take of a similar set up for a POF308 with a 2.5X8 Leupold and a Micro on a YHM 45 degree cantilever mount. This is a concept that I was working up for the MK11 and was worried that the windage turret might block the Micro. Leupold's at least did not, but haven't had a chance to see if it will be with S&B 3X9s. I'll know within a week or so.

S/F

C4IGrant
05-19-07, 10:42
Well shucks, Grant is my favorite dealer...

Grant?

:confused:

:D

I have lots of them on order and placed my order at Shot so I should be seeing them soon (if they are actually shipping them out).

Anyone that wants one, please send me an e-mail for our M4C member pricing. sales@grtactical.com

C4

h8mtv
05-22-07, 19:44
I am anxiously awaiting one to mount on an UltiMAK modified SLR-106FR.

I want to put one on an Ultimak or Krebs rail also. Krebs rail and this coming out at about the same time. Checkbook, hold on to your hat.

Jay Cunningham
05-22-07, 22:12
I want to put one on an Ultimak or Krebs rail also. Krebs rail and this coming out at about the same time. Checkbook, hold on to your hat.

No kidding. :o