PDA

View Full Version : NC - 3 shot in attempted robbery.

Irish
05-17-10, 12:38
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12452069

SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) - Police are searching for a second suspect who they say was involved in a incident last week in Salisbury where three men were shot during an apparent robbery.

Warrants have been issued for Robert Roderquis Crump, 24. Once he is arrested, he will be charged with attempted first-degree murder and robbery with a dangerous weapon. Crump's last known address is 411 Mildred Avenue in Salisbury.

Police say the shooting occurred on Saturday, May 8, at 529 North Ellis Street. When police officers arrived, they found 22-year-old Cordaurl Cowan shot in his side and arm.

At first, police say Cowan lied to officers about his identity because he was on house arrest and was wearing an ankle bracelet which tracks his location.

While police were investigating and canvassing the neighborhood, Desmond Adams, approached the officers and admitted that he shot Cowan. Adams said there were two men, including Crump, involved in the incident and that Adams shot them, too.

According to the police investigation, Adams had been standing outside in the front yard of his home at 529 North Ellis Street when he was approached by three men wearing masks. Two of the men were armed with handguns.

The masked men began going through the pockets of Adams' loose fitting pants, which caused the victim's pants to fall down. When Adams fell to the ground to grab his pants, a concealed handgun that he was carrying fell onto the ground.

After seeing that Adams had a gun, the two armed suspects immediately opened fire on Adams. None of the shots made contact with Adams.

Adams told police he returned fire as the three suspects fled while exchanging gunfire. The only individuals actually hit by the flying rounds were the three suspects who had been trying to rob Adams.

The three suspects are Cowan, Crump, and 19-year-old Antonio Rushawn Lee.

Cowan is listed in critical condition at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center.

Police say Crump was able to get away from the scene and get a ride to North East Medical Center for treatment, but he has since disappeared. He was shot twice in the leg. Police plan to charge Crump with Attempted first-degree murder and robbery with dangerous weapon.

When Lee, who is Cowan's cousin, went to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center to check on Cowan, he was apprehended by police. They discovered Lee suffered a graze wound in his back. Lee was sent to Rowan Regional Medical Center where he was treated and then taken to jail.
A little more situational awareness might've helped him out here but none the less his shots all counted on 3 bad guys and he walked away unscathed.

Rider79
05-17-10, 14:00
The masked men began going through the pockets of Adams' loose fitting pants, which caused the victim's pants to fall down. When Adams fell to the ground to grab his pants, a concealed handgun that he was carrying fell onto the ground.

Pants that fit probably would have helped too.

Alex V
05-17-10, 14:24
Never thought about training for hitting multiple targets with my pants around my ankles... This should be a drill on the next Magpul DVD lol.

Either way, way to go Mr Adams! Three bad guys hit, Mr Admas with his nickers down and not a mark. Good job.

Fyrhazzrd
05-17-10, 14:36
I wonder if Adams had a license to carry concealed.. :D I'm sure if he didn't the article would pointed that out, and said something about him being charged with a weapons violation.

Alex V
05-17-10, 15:38
I wonder if Adams had a license to carry concealed.. :D I'm sure if he didn't the article would pointed that out, and said something about him being charged with a weapons violation.

Stupid question; Would he need a CCW lisence, this was on his front lawn after all... his property... I can only assume you can walk around with a gun on you on your own property without getting a CCD permit... no?

Irish
05-17-10, 15:42
Stupid question; Would he need a CCW lisence, this was on his front lawn after all... his property... I can only assume you can walk around with a gun on you on your own property without getting a CCD permit... no?

It depends on the state laws. Yours, probably not ;)

05-17-10, 16:55
We can CC on our own property w/o a permit. Good for this guy. Many farmers and ranchers carry while out in the fields. I carry anytime I'm out on the property. Too many druggies and criminals out there that think farm land means no one around and they can do as they please. We always look for weed on our land as well as the tell-tales of a meth lab being set up in an old barn or building. Worst we've had was some illegals that crashed in an old out building. Put their asses to work on a square bailer.:D Didn't come back the next day and cleared out their sh**.