PDA

View Full Version : HK P30 9mm vs P30S 9mm

payj
05-17-10, 13:50
I can't decide. I know the p30/s 9mm has yet to be released but I want to figure out what I want now so I can just go buy it.

I have held the gun and it is by far the most comfortable gun I have ever held. I am dead set on buying one.

The trouble is, I don't know if I should hold out for the external safety model. In all honesty not having the safety is fine with me. I carry a glock cocked and locked so I am used to the no safety thing. I kind of just like the way it looks thats about it. But maybe it has some other benefits I am not aware of? I was thinking the external safety would also be one more thing to worry about when I needed to pull the gun out? Idk?

Anyways, feedback between the two would be great I know there are plenty of you out there with the p30 and maybe a few with the p30/s in the .40 that could chime in about the safety?

Thank you.

Rated21R
05-17-10, 13:58
I was all set to get a P30, then I saw the P30S (it was a .40 that I fondled). I have now decided that if/when I get the P30 it will be the P30S. I like the option of carrying "cocked and locked." I am used to decocker and external safety (my standard issue is M9) and was not opposed to having those features on a personal weapon. IMO thumbing the safety off is not a biggie at all. I got very used to it and as long as you practice with it when you carry it you won't even realize if the time comes to use it. I agree it is probably the best feeling handgun in the hand. I just have to find a way to justify owning one to the wife. :D

Good luck and share your results.

Kchen986
05-17-10, 14:20
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm holding out for a P30S. My first gun was a 1911, so I really like thumb safeties. I carry my G19 fine, but prefer a thumb safety, so, P30S for me.

CyberM4
05-17-10, 14:29
It all comes down to which you want. I have the P30 with just decocker. That's all there was when I bought mine. I carried it loaded. Heck my HK45 has safety. When I holster it safety off.

chilic82
05-17-10, 18:13
I went with the standard decocker only model. I don't prefer safeties and felt that it would change my manual of arms for future purchases. I now only buy handguns without manual safeties. I didn't like the thought of having to think about it possibly getting bumped on, and having to lower the lever to fire the gun in a self defense situation. It's all in what you want.

jwperry
05-17-10, 18:56
I prefer mine minus the "S". The slide release is shorter on the models with manual safety and I find that the safety gets in the way of my high-thumbs forward grip with the safety.

Omega Man
05-19-10, 21:14
I never really liked the idea of a manual safety, but im starting to warm up to the idea. I think i would rather deal with the safety, than to deal with the very heavy DA pull on the P30. I might end up getting the P30S in 9mm, when it comes out, and sell my V3 P30.

99HMC4
05-19-10, 22:26
After having and carrying an HK45, I like not having a safety lever on my new carry P30.....

Brook724
05-19-10, 23:24
Why not just get the LEM so you don't have to deal with a heavy DA pull or a safety lever?

Skang
05-19-10, 23:38
i dont like how lever is on both side.

i like without.

bc5000
05-21-10, 09:46
I posted this same question on another forum and someone asked me if I had considered the LEM.

I ended up going with the LEM and I am happy.

I replaced a couple springs to make it even better.

The P30S will just have too many levers for me. I like the clean look of no safety lever too.