PDA

View Full Version : wow...AR15.com

rychencop
05-17-10, 14:44
just gets better and better. received this today from one of the Mod Nazi's. why am I NOT surprised?

You are receiving a warning against your account for the actions specified below. Warnings are used as a means to alert users when their actions are inappropriate, in violation of usage policies, or conduct code. If you continue to receive warnings, your account will be suspended temporarily or indefinitely. Please contact the staff or moderator who issued the warning if you have any questions.

Admin: [ Aimless ]
Reason:
Please do not post any more links to G&R Tactical, or any links to M4carbine.net.

Thanks

SHIVAN
05-17-10, 14:47
This thread won't last long. :cool:

rychencop
05-17-10, 14:50
I'm sure it won't. I'm so fed up with their crap over there. It's like having a bunch a baby sitters watching out for you. Guess that's what you get with a paid membership.

SHIVAN
05-17-10, 14:54
Their forum, their rules. We generally dissuade users from bringing AR15.com drama with them here, but sometimes it's all cross-pollination anyway.

I'm going to let this go a few more posts, then lock it up for that reason, but I'm sorry you had to see the ugly side of board feuds firsthand.

30 cal slut
05-17-10, 14:55
IBTL. :D

John_Wayne777
05-17-10, 14:56
Hmm...I've never been warned or yelled at for linking here.

Maybe they're just afraid of me.

C45P312
05-17-10, 15:36
I link to M4C every time it's relevent to the thread topic. Never got that warning before. My post were mainly related to firearms courses, AARs, and technical know hows on certain subjects.

Alex V
05-17-10, 15:36
I find this forum to be far more informative, but there are more people on that site which are closer to my local, so I unfortunatly have to check it out from time to time to see if anything local is coming up that I may be interested in, ie training... it never is... but I keep checking lol.

kry226
05-17-10, 15:58
Hmm...I've never been warned or yelled at for linking here.

Maybe they're just afraid of me.

Maybe it's your handle... :)

5pins
05-17-10, 16:04
I have never linked to M4c, I prefer that no one over there found out about this place. I have however linked to G&R if Grant had something that a poster was looking for.

rifleman2000
05-17-10, 16:07
I find this forum to be far more informative, but there are more people on that site which are closer to my local, so I unfortunatly have to check it out from time to time to see if anything local is coming up that I may be interested in, ie training... it never is... but I keep checking lol.

There are good people with good information there, you just have to dig much harder.

Stickman
05-17-10, 16:09
We generally dissuade users from bringing AR15.com drama with them here, but sometimes it's all cross-pollination anyway.

This thread...... Kill it before it mutates into human form.... :D

Heavy Metal
05-17-10, 16:11
I have the Rodney King phliosophy regarding both sites and say "Can't we just all get along?"

subzero
05-17-10, 16:13
I link to M4C every time it's relevent to the thread topic. Never got that warning before. My post were mainly related to firearms courses, AARs, and technical know hows on certain subjects.

I've posted to threads in the VA hometown with links to training courses (because someone asked) and had my post edited by a mod. I wasn't warned, but still. They're not interested in any discussion over there that leads over here.

Their loss.

QuietShootr
05-17-10, 16:19
I've posted to threads in the VA hometown with links to training courses (because someone asked) and had my post edited by a mod. I wasn't warned, but still. They're not interested in any discussion over there that leads over here.

Yeah, 'cause poop threads, "My Wife Just Left And Took All My Shit" and "My toe is turning black and crusty, should I go to the doctor?" are so much more fun than this boring old shooting stuff.

Nathan_Bell
05-17-10, 16:45
This thread...... Kill it before it mutates into human form.... :D

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

ST911
05-17-10, 16:53
I don't think we want ARFcom stuff, especially like the above, any more than they want to see M4C or G&R mentions.

Littlelebowski
05-17-10, 16:55
I think the feud is silly. There's good info at both places, this one is just better.

Bulldog7972
05-17-10, 17:09
I'll tell you guys this. I was a DEVOTED follower of another forum. Went to it at least five times a day. Then it turned into nothing more than a extreme right wing, anti-police, anti-governmnet site that advocated the Balkanzation of America. The straw that broke the camels back was when one of the posters stated that if he was sitting in a coffee shop like the one in Lakewood Washington and dude walked in and started shooting, he would not help out and save lives if it occurred in a NPE. I found that to be extemely cowardly and said so. The owner of the site agreed with the poster and said so. I was banned (Thank God) and found this site. One of the things I like about this one besides it being very informative, is that there seems to be no anti-American or anti-police posting allowed here. Simply good informartion about firearms, shooting and all else that is related to that. If tension develops, the thread is closed which IMHO, is also good. I have no time for other sites like the one I mentioned. They are a complete waste of time and bandwidth. Not so here.

C45P312
05-17-10, 17:09

Their loss.

Damn, they're sneeky.

BWT
05-17-10, 17:16
I'll tell you guys this. I was a DEVOTED follower of another forum. Went to it at least five times a day. Then it turned into nothing more than a extreme right wing, anti-police, anti-governmnet site that advocated the Balkanzation of America. The straw that broke the camels back was when one of the posters stated that if he was sitting in a coffee shop like the one in Lakewood Washington and dude walked in and started shooting, he would not help out and save lives if it occurred in a NPE. I found that to be extemely cowardly and said so. The owner of the site agreed with the poster and said so. I was banned (Thank God) and found this site. One of the things I like about this one besides it being very informative, is that there seems to be no anti-American or anti-police posting allowed here. Simply good informartion about firearms, shooting and all else that is related to that. If tension develops, the thread is closed which IMHO, is also good. I have no time for other sites like the one I mentioned. They are a complete waste of time and bandwidth. Not so here.

I think the way they keep a handle on it, is just keep it about guns predominantly here.

They let debates happen as long as it's civil and factual.

Beyond that I don't think they filter too much content, with an exception or two, unless it's just extremely redundant info.

I like this forum.

SteyrAUG
05-17-10, 17:19
just gets better and better. received this today from one of the Mod Nazi's. why am I NOT surprised?

You are receiving a warning against your account for the actions specified below. Warnings are used as a means to alert users when their actions are inappropriate, in violation of usage policies, or conduct code. If you continue to receive warnings, your account will be suspended temporarily or indefinitely. Please contact the staff or moderator who issued the warning if you have any questions.

Admin: [ Aimless ]
Reason:
Please do not post any more links to G&R Tactical, or any links to M4carbine.net.

Thanks

Sell your account in the EE. That'll teach em.

:D

Lee Indy
05-17-10, 18:00
^^^^ you can do that? can i ebay my account here? not that i would but a few bucks is a few bucks

MarshallDodge
05-17-10, 19:00
There are a couple areas of Arfcom that I like and have learned some things but it is amazing how noisy it gets over there. The good part is that they attract those type of people and help keep them away from here....kind of like a light bulb on a hot summer night. :D

SoDak
05-17-10, 19:03
I think the feud is silly. There's good info at both places, this one is just better.

+87!

I've never understood the feud either. I'm not a member of arfcom(my yahoo email account doesn't qualify), but do go over there since there are a few sections with good info(the tac gear section is decent). Mind you, I do come here for solid weapon advice and use arfcom more for it's entertainment value.

Artos
05-17-10, 19:12
...just curious as i do not frequent that site.

did any of the other members make any comments about hotlinking g&r / m4 or did you just get the memo from the mod??

askani79705
05-17-10, 19:16
Sell your account in the EE. That'll teach em.

:D

Oh shit that's funny!!

Captains1911
05-17-10, 19:25
There are good people with good information there, you just have to dig much harder.

+1. Wade through all the drama and BS and it can be a valuable resource.

rdc0000
05-17-10, 19:32
Costa thread anyone....:D:D:D

TOrrock
05-17-10, 19:33
We appreciate you guys posting here, but as has been mentioned, we're going to try to keep the drama to as low a level as we can.

Thanks.