PDA

View Full Version : Glock gunsmith (add a rail to 2nd Gen)?

shooter521
05-17-10, 19:36
Hey, all!

In one of the Glock threads here, I saw mention of a 'smith who could mill a dustcover accessory rail into the 2nd Gen frames. I don't recall the gent's name, and now I can't find that post again. Can anyone help a brother out?

Thanks.

SeriousStudent
05-17-10, 19:55
Ben at Boresight Solutions is your guy.

http://www.boresightsolutions.com/

shooter521
05-17-10, 19:58
Ben at Boresight Solutions is your guy.

http://www.boresightsolutions.com/

I don't see that option listed on his menu of services. Do you know what he charges? A friend has expressed interest in having it done, so I'm gathering intel for him.

Thanks.

SeriousStudent
05-17-10, 20:50
It's not on his website yet, but he's posted photos of it here. I think his user name is Gentle Ben, or something like that.

Very nice fellow, he responds to emails. Shoot him one, and I'm sure he'll respond.

Lee Indy
05-17-10, 23:57
how about sell me your gen 2 and buy a gen 3.

shooter521
05-18-10, 08:21
how about sell me your gen 2 and buy a gen 3.

Like I said, I'm inquiring for a friend. He's got a 2nd Gen G19 that he's rather attached to; the gun has sentimental value and he prefers the no-finger-groove grip, but would like the ability to mount a light. Having a rail milled into the existing gun would be the easiest/cheapest/best solution for him.

I have passed Boresight Solutions' contact info along to him, but I don't remember if that's whose work I originally saw. Are there other 'smiths out there who offer this service?

Fire_Medic
05-18-10, 08:29
Like I said, I'm inquiring for a friend. He's got a 2nd Gen G19 that he's rather attached to; the gun has sentimental value and he prefers the no-finger-groove grip, but would like the ability to mount a light. Having a rail milled into the existing gun would be the easiest/cheapest/best solution for him.

I have passed Boresight Solutions' contact info along to him, but I don't remember if that's whose work I originally saw. Are there other 'smiths out there who offer this service?

It was Ben from Boresight who did that for a fellow board member and the pictures do not do it justice, you would have to see it in person to really appreciate the quality of work that Ben does.

Have your buddy send him an email and Ben will get back to him. I would not trust anyone else in the business to do that work to "my" 2nd Gen frame if I had one.

Of course he could also keep his second Gen stock and buy a 3rd gen with the rail and send it to ben to have the grip worked on. Finger grooves removed, textured, etc.
;)

shooter521
05-18-10, 10:49
Of course he could also keep his second Gen stock and buy a 3rd gen with the rail and send it to ben to have the grip worked on. Finger grooves removed, textured, etc.
;)

Sounds like an excuse to buy a new gun, to me! :D

tiger seven
05-18-10, 11:06
IOf course he could also keep his second Gen stock and buy a 3rd gen with the rail and send it to ben to have the grip worked on. Finger grooves removed, textured, etc.

As someone who owns both a 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen G19, I think this is the answer. Buy a 3rd Gen and have the finger grooves removed. Especially if the 2nd Gen has sentimental value. Then he'll have two: the 2nd Gen makes a great slim, sleek carry piece and the 3rd Gen with light makes a great "bump in the night" pistol. :)

Derek

Fire_Medic
05-18-10, 12:04
Sounds like an excuse to buy a new gun, to me! :D

Just throwing it out there.........;)

Fire_Medic
05-18-10, 12:05
As someone who owns both a 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen G19, I think this is the answer. Buy a 3rd Gen and have the finger grooves removed. Especially if the 2nd Gen has sentimental value. Then he'll have two: the 2nd Gen makes a great slim, sleek carry piece and the 3rd Gen with light makes a great "bump in the night" pistol. :)

Derek

I agree, and the Gen 2's are becoming difficult to find in good condition.