PDA

View Full Version : Now Nepalitano admits to not reading AZ law....

Belmont31R
05-18-10, 12:01
Do we have clowns running the government? They had no problem bashing AZ's new law right off the bat....but shine a little light on them, and suddenly turns out they don't even read what they going on national TV in front of the American people to bash.

Then she says why she wouldn't sign it if she were still government she just says its a bad law, and AZ leo don't like it. Oh I didn't know LE were the ones deciding which laws get passed, and which dont. I thought they were ENFORCEMENT not enactment. Not that I believe her but her reasoning is complete BS, and she says this right after saying she hadnt reviewed the law.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/17/napolitano_admits_she_hasnt_read_arizona_law_but_says_she_wouldnt_sign_it.html

Don't forget our esteemed chief LEO in the nation not reading it either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoslK47z_X0

Who wants to bet Obama didn't read it either?

The_War_Wagon
05-18-10, 12:06
Do we have clowns running the government?

Yes. :rolleyes:

Who wants to bet Obama didn't (have it ) read (to him) either?

Fixed it for ya'. English ISN'T his FIRST language, you know... :mad:

GermanSynergy
05-18-10, 12:13
I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

Alex V
05-18-10, 12:15
I dont have to know it to know I dont like it

I love that attitude! Simply awesome!

GermanSynergy
05-18-10, 12:18
I dont have to know it to know I dont like it

I love that attitude! Simply awesome!

The Dems are just setting the stage for November. I have family members, lifelong Democrats, that will be voting 100% Republican. Keep up the great work, Dems! :rolleyes::cool:

CarlosDJackal
05-18-10, 12:26
Say it ain't so?!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Frosted
05-18-10, 15:49
I am shocked that our leaders would scream, rant & rave about something they have no idea about - this proves they are more afraid of being PC (we can't say anything that would offend illegal aliens) then they are of dying! Looks they let their cotton tail mouths have overrun their alligator asses!
Something else that should come as a shocker - the State of Cal. penal code that refers to illegal aliens, states everything that AZ 1070 does, the only difference is the AZ law states racial profiling is not an acceptable reason to detain and "Show me your papers". CA just chooses to ignore all of their immigration laws both state & Fed - or could it be that there are way to many laws on the books that nobody has any clue as to what they are? I guess they just keep making new feel good laws because that's their job - look at the # of gun laws on the books and they keep making more. Not one of them has stopped one criminal or gang banger, they just shackle us law abiding home terrorists per homeland security top chimp Janet Incompetano:p

John_Wayne777
05-18-10, 18:03
...so they hadn't read the healthcare bill they passed, and they haven't read the law they are all over the media criticizing.

Anyone starting to notice a pattern, here?

RogerinTPA
05-18-10, 18:18
...so they hadn't read the healthcare bill they passed, and they haven't read the law they are all over the media criticizing.

Complete "amateur hour" at the highest levels of our Gubment. These ass clowns got nothing on a Chinese Fire Drill.

GermanSynergy
05-18-10, 18:24

I should start carrying a copy of the immigration law with me, so any libs can read it on the spot when they run their stupid mouthes lol...:cool:

HES
05-18-10, 21:17
Hmm, this is interesting

(a) Every law enforcement agency in California shall fully cooperate with the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service regarding any person who is arrested if he or she is suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws. (b) With respect to any such person who is arrested, and suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws, every law enforcement agency shall do the following: (1) Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen of the United States, an alien lawfully admitted as a permanent resident, an alien lawfully admitted for a temporary period of time or as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of immigration laws. The verification process may include, but shall not be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date and place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding documentation to indicate his or her legal status. (2) Notify the person of his or her apparent status as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws and inform him or her that, apart from any criminal justice proceedings, he or she must either obtain legal status or leave the United States. (3) Notify the Attorney General of California and the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service of the apparent illegal status and provide any additional information that may be requested by any other public entity. (c) Any legislative, administrative, or other action by a city, county, or other legally authorized local governmental entity with jurisdictional boundaries, or by a law enforcement agency, to prevent or limit the cooperation required by subdivision (a) is expressly prohibited. (Section 834b in the California Penal Code)Wow. So just about the same statute. Plus it makes sanctuary cities illegal. So when do the boycotts of California start? How could they be so racist? I guess this makes CA just as much of a collection of "racists" as they accuse AZ of being now.

Oh and I found this to just be oh so delicious.

Dear Mayor Villaraigosa,

I was dismayed to learn that the Los Angeles City Council voted to boycott Arizona and Arizona-based companies — a vote you strongly supported — to show opposition to SB 1070 (Support our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act).

You explained your support of the boycott as follows: “While we recognize that as neighbors, we share resources and ties with the State of Arizona that may be difficult to sever, our goal is not to hurt the local economy of Los Angeles, but to impact the economy of Arizona. Our intent is to use our dollars — or the withholding of our dollars — to send a message.” (emphasis added)

I received your message; please receive mine. As a state-wide elected member of the Arizona Corporation Commission overseeing Arizona’s electric and water utilities, I too am keenly aware of the “resources and ties” we share with the City of Los Angeles. In fact, approximately twenty-five percent of the electricity consumed in Los Angeles is generated by power plants in Arizona.

If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation. I am confident that Arizona’s utilities would be happy to take those electrons off your hands. If, however, you find that the City Council lacks the strength of its convictions to turn off the lights in Los Angeles and boycott Arizona power, please reconsider the wisdom of attempting to harm Arizona’s economy.

People of goodwill can disagree over the merits of SB 1070. A state-wide economic boycott of Arizona is not a message sent in goodwill.

Sincerely,

Commissioner Gary Pierce
Link (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/05/18/az-utility-board-member-responds-to-la-boycott-over-sb1070/)

This is getting better by the minute.

MarshallDodge
05-18-10, 22:44
This is getting better by the minute.

And yet November can't come fast enough.

obucina
05-18-10, 22:49
Do we have clowns running the government? They had no problem bashing AZ's new law right off the bat....but shine a little light on them, and suddenly turns out they don't even read what they going on national TV in front of the American people to bash.

Then she says why she wouldn't sign it if she were still government she just says its a bad law, and AZ leo don't like it. Oh I didn't know LE were the ones deciding which laws get passed, and which dont. I thought they were ENFORCEMENT not enactment. Not that I believe her but her reasoning is complete BS, and she says this right after saying she hadnt reviewed the law.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/17/napolitano_admits_she_hasnt_read_arizona_law_but_says_she_wouldnt_sign_it.html

Don't forget our esteemed chief LEO in the nation not reading it either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoslK47z_X0

Who wants to bet Obama didn't read it either?

just as a passing observation, I thought that the CinC is the "top cop" and not mr goofy 'stache.

Frosted
05-19-10, 14:35
Dear Mayor Villaraigosa,

I was dismayed to learn that the Los Angeles City Council voted to boycott Arizona and Arizona-based companies — a vote you strongly supported — to show opposition to SB 1070 (Support our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act).

You explained your support of the boycott as follows: “While we recognize that as neighbors, we share resources and ties with the State of Arizona that may be difficult to sever, our goal is not to hurt the local economy of Los Angeles, but to impact the economy of Arizona. Our intent is to use our dollars — or the withholding of our dollars — to send a message.” (emphasis added)

I received your message; please receive mine. As a state-wide elected member of the Arizona Corporation Commission overseeing Arizona’s electric and water utilities, I too am keenly aware of the “resources and ties” we share with the City of Los Angeles. In fact, approximately twenty-five percent of the electricity consumed in Los Angeles is generated by power plants in Arizona.

If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation. I am confident that Arizona’s utilities would be happy to take those electrons off your hands. If, however, you find that the City Council lacks the strength of its convictions to turn off the lights in Los Angeles and boycott Arizona power, please reconsider the wisdom of attempting to harm Arizona’s economy.

People of goodwill can disagree over the merits of SB 1070. A state-wide economic boycott of Arizona is not a message sent in goodwill.

Sincerely,

Commissioner Gary Pierce

What's amazing is Mayor Villaraigosa fired back with Don't be throwing threats at CA! or something to that effect. What the hell did those commie-fornias do to AZ? Send them flowers?
I'm sorry but commi-fornia is out of touch with reality due to all the feel good laws they come up with and their peace & love atttude along with pop-up Pelosi and hollyweird folks.

GermanSynergy
05-19-10, 14:56
Ask a liberal what specific provision they are opposed to in the AZ law.

Artos
05-19-10, 15:02
why should they read it...they are simply pandering to the hispanic vote & using it as a political tool.

They are however really stupid for going on national tv for interviews and then admit they haven't read 10 pages total of this law.

Between the the primarary losses, AZ stickin it to Los Angeles on the electricity deal and the admin looking foolish this issue...it's been a good day.