PDA

View Full Version : Cafferty refers to Blumenthal as a weasel today

austinN4
05-18-10, 16:44
Cafferty is really refreshing, IMO

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/18/should-democrats-support-candidate-who-lied-about-vietnam-service/?iref=allsearch

May 18, 2010
Should Democrats support candidate who lied about Vietnam service?
Posted: 05:00 PM ET

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

The Democrats may soon wish they had a different horse in the race for the Connecticut senate seat being vacated by Chris Dodd.

Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal reportedly lied about serving in Vietnam.

The New York Times has an explosive front page story today about Democratic candidate Richard Blumenthal - saying he has lied on multiple occasions about serving in Vietnam.

Blumenthal, who is the state's attorney general, never served in Vietnam. Yet on numerous occasions he has said things like: "We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam." He's also referred to: "When we returned." These are lies.

Blumenthal never returned from Vietnam, because he never went to Vietnam. What's more, he got at least five military deferments so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. And he eventually joined the Marine Reserves - so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam.

Blumenthal's campaign was quick to slam the New York Times story calling it an "outrageous distortion." How is it a distortion if the New York Times said he lied about serving in Vietnam if he never served in Vietnam. He just lied about it.

Blumenthal held a news conference this afternoon where he said he unintentionally misspoke on a few occasions, adding that he regrets it and accepts full responsibility. What does that mean? Unintentionally misspoke? Is he not sure whether or not he ever fought in Vietnam? What garbage. He repeatedly referred to his comments as "a few misplaced words."

It's called lying.

In what will prove to be a huge mistake, Democrats say they will continue to back him in the race to replace Chris Dodd in the U.S. Senate. If he wins, Blumenthal will fit right in in Washington with the rest of the weasels down there.

Here’s my question to you: Should Connecticut Democrats support Richard Blumenthal who lied about serving in Vietnam?

Tune in to the Situation Room at 5pm to see if Jack reads your answer on air.

And, we love to know where you’re writing from, so please include your city and state with your comment.

762xIan
05-18-10, 18:56
"unintentionally misspoke" :rolleyes: I saw the replay of him speaking, it was intentional. Sometimes I wonder if these power hungry idiots are so delusional that they really convince themselves of their own lies.

GermanSynergy
05-18-10, 19:26
A Democrat lying about his military service? I'm shocked! :rolleyes: