PDA

View Full Version : Creationism VS Evolution.

Irish
05-18-10, 17:30
This is a controversial topic on any forum and in many facets of life but I think it can be discussed civilly here due to what I've seen in other threads. Please do the membership here and yourself a favor by keeping things polite and on topic. There is no need to slander or make disparaging remarks towards another person due to their beliefs or convictions.

Intelligent debate and theological discussion can be a positive thing as it may bring us closer to understanding not only our fellow man, but also the beginnings of our universe and life itself. There are a lot of very intelligent, passionate and well spoken people here who may benefit from the exchange of ideas and information relating to the subject at hand. Again, respect your fellow forum members and let's try to stay on topic.

lethal dose
05-18-10, 17:42
Read "the answer book".

Irish
05-18-10, 17:51
Read "the answer book".

If you Google "the answer book" you come up with 106,000,000 different responses. Please provide a link to a specific reference or try adding something more substantial to the conversation.

For me personally I already know my answer. I don't think that there's anyway possible for the universe and everything in it to have come about due to the big bang theory. I believe in God and that there is a creator and can find no other way to explain the miracles that I'm surrounded by everyday.

TOrrock
05-18-10, 17:53
Not on this forum please.

John_Wayne777
05-18-10, 17:54
Irish, I appreciate your estimation of the character of most posters on the site and your faith in their ability to have a perfectly reasonable discussion on this topic...

...but unfortunately as one of the hall monitors I'm afraid that this sort of topic is like catnip for people who don't fit that description.

As such, I'm going to lock this one down. I mean no affront to you in doing so, nor am I accusing you of causing trouble...I just think it's an inevitable result.