PDA

View Full Version : School me on the gen4 G23

GS163
05-19-10, 05:32
Looking at one of these since I have abandoned the idea of a 22. Wnat to hear pros and cons and gather some insight on the gen 4 model. I know the G23 dosent seem to get much love here for whatever reason, but does that hold true for the gen 4 as well. Thanks for the help, you guys are a library of knowledge.:)

HK45
05-19-10, 08:48
There is no Gen 4 G23 yet. So do you mean the Gen 3 with RTF?

TheSmiter1
05-19-10, 10:09
Initial reports of the 4th Generation model 22 seem to be positive. However, it remains to be seen how they hold up to high round counts. The model 17 seems to be having slight issues while used with standard target ammo while the recoil spring is still new. After an initial break in, the model 17s seem to perform well. Both models appear to function well with lights attached.

This is all that can be said in answer to your question, mostly due to the fact that the model you inquired about (model 23) is not yet available to the public, or LEO, for that matter. Some reports indicate that examples have been given to the BATF for approval, but that is all that has been heard of them.

You'll have to wait a while to see if the longevity issues with the .40s&w Glocks are resolved.

This is merely second hand info that I have gleaned from others on this website. It seems to be quality info from respected members of this site, as I do my best not pass on suspect info. Fortunately, many members here are 'good people,' so to speak. Take all this for what it's worth (free).

GS163
05-19-10, 11:49
My bad, for some reason I thought it was already out.:( Lets just discuss the pros and cons of the G23 or G23C then. Looking for someting in the 40 cal and I keep coming back to this. I already have and XDM and want somethign that can share ammo with it.

M4arc
05-19-10, 11:57
My bad, for some reason I thought it was already out.:( Lets just discuss the pros and cons of the G23 or G23C then. Looking for someting in the 40 cal and I keep coming back to this. I already have and XDM and want somethign that can share ammo with it.

If you're dead set on getting a 40 caliber Glock I would just wait a couple more months and get the new Gen4 G23...or at the very least wait and see what comes out of it.

It looks like Glock has addressed some of the major issues with the G22 and I expect them to carry that over to the G23. In other words it will probably run like a stripped ape.

If you absolutely much have a 40 cal 'something' right now I recommend giving the M&P40 or M&P40c a look. Besides the new Gen4 Glocks and the M&Ps the only other 40 cal I'd recommend is the new P30S in 40 S&W.

jsbcody
05-19-10, 12:00

When I talked to a Glock rep, I was told the G19/23 Gen 4s would be out late May or sometime in June. I have both a G17 Gen 4 and G22 Gen 4 and like both so far. I'm patiently waiting for the G23 Gen 4.

CyberM4
05-19-10, 12:38
IF you can't wait on your G4 G23. I would tell you too look at the H&K USPC

HK45
05-19-10, 12:53
Wait for the Gen 4 23 or do an M&P .40 or HK P30 in 40. The M&P is the softest shooting .40 I have ever owned or shot. I had a 23 some time ago and never liked shooting it due to the snappy recoil. The only Glock in .40 I could stand is the Glock 35. The Gen 4's may change that.

Quiet
05-22-10, 04:40
Glock reps at the NRA convention said the Glock 23Gen4 & 19Gen4 are being delayed. Release time frame around late-Q3 2010 to early-Q4 2010.

HK45
05-22-10, 10:01
I'm hearing that same thing but have no idea if its just rumor control. Did you hear this from Glock yourself?