PDA

View Full Version : Training in Missouri/Arkansas

longball
05-19-10, 16:11
Hello everyone. Thanks for providing and participating in this great online community.

I am looking for training in the southern Missouri/northern Arkansas region. I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere but I haven't been able to find anything using the search feature. I just got into shooting seriously a year ago and so far have taken tactical I, II, and III pistol courses along with a low light/night shoot course from a local school (Black Ops School of Combat).

I will hopefully be starting a career in law enforcement in July so I am looking for carbine (no formal training), or more pistol training.

Through a google search I came across Bear Creek Tactical (a division of Bear Creek Outfitters) in Stockton, MO. Does anybody have any knowledge of this school? Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated.

Abraxas
05-19-10, 16:17
APT down by Highlandville has some good instruction. I know one (maybe another if he gets hired) of the instructors at Bear Creek Tactical, and they are great people. I have not taken a course out there but I have shot out there before and they have a nice set up. Where in MO are you? PM me if you prefer.

longball
05-19-10, 16:45
Abraxas,
PM headed your way. I would also like to start shooting some IDPA matches but it seems as thought there's nothing closer to me than St. Louis. Thanks again for the info.

Abraxas
05-19-10, 16:49
Abraxas,
PM headed your way. I would also like to start shooting some IDPA matches but it seems as thought there's nothing closer to me than St. Louis. Thanks again for the info.

That is not entirely true. Waynesville and Mt Home do as well. Though that does depend on your location.

Mark/MO
05-19-10, 17:18
I would also like to start shooting some IDPA matches but it seems as thought there's nothing closer to me than St. Louis.

Greetings.

A few years ago a friend and I were shooting IDPA matches in Tulsa. Depending on where your at it may be a consideration. We currently shoot some USPSA since there are two different ranges shooting them with 30 minutes of us. PM me if you'd like more details.

Blake
05-19-10, 20:24
I highly recommend training at APT. They have some great training there. You will get your money's worth and then some. They have lodging on site, and it is more than reasonable. Please let me know if you have any questions.

VA_Dinger
05-19-10, 20:33
Grey Group Training has some classes coming to Arkansas in the very near future. The first one will be in August, but more will follow.

We should have the details worked out and the first class scheduled in a week or so.

longball
05-19-10, 21:51
Blake,
APT looks as though it may be the best option in the next couple months because of its proximity to my location and time constraints. I'm going to look more into it. Thanks for the info.

VA_Dinger,
I've spent some time recently looking around on the greygroup site. I would definitely jump at the chance to attend a class the greygroup was involved with. However, if all goes well with the new job I won't be available in August but will definitely keep an eye on those classes and hopefully will be able to attend soon. Thank you as well for the info.

Thanks to all the have responded. I am definitely interested in hearing more about any of the schools mentioned or others that have not.

BKS
05-23-10, 00:15
Any hints as to which class(s) and where in AR?

VA_Dinger
05-23-10, 10:20
Any hints as to which class(s) and where in AR?

Coming soon;

Jason Falla 2-Day Tactical Carbine - August - Van Buren, AR