PDA

View Full Version : Asian K2 "maritime" magazines?

Sid Post
05-19-10, 19:22
HKparts.net and CDNN both list "Asian" 30 round magazines that are similar to the expensive HK "maritime" magazines. Are these quality mags and is there any difference between HKparts and CDNN in terms of mag quality?

Thanks!
Sid

jwperry
05-20-10, 00:56
The Asian 30 rounders are made by KCI, the same people who made "exact Glock replica mags". My experience with the Glocks mags makes me want to pass. I've found used Hk mags for $20 and can buy PMags and GI mags that I know work for the same price.

But these are only my opinions.

Iraqgunz
05-20-10, 01:43
Not worth the money. Buy PMAG's, Lancers or good USGI mags.

tobasco
05-20-10, 01:52
The glock mags are ok and work for the range. They're a little hard to load the last rounds. Even with speed loader it is extremely difficult to Press it down.

Never tried The Ar mags but they look/feel the same.

citizensoldier16
05-20-10, 07:37
I'll ask a rhetorical question to answer the OP:

What do "maritime" magazines do that Pmags won't do? Pmags will never rust, you can't crush them, and they hold up pretty darn well under the most extreme conditions. HK mags are $25 and up...Pmags are $14.

Sid Post
05-20-10, 07:59
To be specific, I'm looking at the AR-15/M-16 magazines not the pistol magazines. I have some factory HK Maritime mags which I like a lot. I guess I need to try some P-Mags but, I got lost when they kept updating them for various issues. I have plenty of "GI" mags and like the feel of the HK's better and thought these Asian mags might be a good choice for about a 1/3 the price of the HK Maritime M-16 magazines. I guess I need to buy one of the new P-Mags and give it a try to see if I want to make the switch to P-Mags.

C4IGrant
05-20-10, 08:49
HKparts.net and CDNN both list "Asian" 30 round magazines that are similar to the expensive HK "maritime" magazines. Are these quality mags and is there any difference between HKparts and CDNN in terms of mag quality?

Thanks!
Sid

I think you might have worded your question incorrectly. It should have read:

"Are the Asian 30rd mags as bad as the HK Maritime mags?"

You are much better off with PMAG's or Lancers (or just mil-spec GI Alum mags with Magpul's Enhanced Follower).

C4

opmike
05-20-10, 15:16
I got lost when they kept updating them for various issues

Lost? :confused:

Buy PMAGs or Lancers and be done with it. I've seen them as low as 11 bucks.

rychencop
05-20-10, 15:45
pmags...don't skimp on magazines.

Sid Post
05-20-10, 18:10
I think you might have worded your question incorrectly. It should have read:

"Are the Asian 30rd mags as bad as the HK Maritime mags?"

You are much better off with PMAG's or Lancers (or just mil-spec GI Alum mags with Magpul's Enhanced Follower).

C4

Are HK magazines really that bad? They are expensive but, I do like them better then the surplus GI aluminum magazines.

C4IGrant
05-20-10, 20:08
Are HK magazines really that bad? They are expensive but, I do like them better then the surplus GI aluminum magazines.

Ya pretty much. A GI mag with a Magpul follower is superior.

C4