PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on a new purchase!

Rock-N-Ruin
05-17-07, 15:41
I know someone who has a G-17c (Glock 17 compensated) w/2 31 round Glock factory mags, 1 factory 17 round mag and 1 10 round mag which has only had one session at the range when he bought it new.. Now he is asking $470.00 for all this..

My concerns:

1: It is no longer new in box and I can get a G-17 non compensated NIB for $479.00 and with tax it would be about $5.25..

2: The G-17c being compensated becomes quite dirty around the nose from the holes in all the gases expelled through the barrel and ports. not a plus in my book.. (I would prefer a standard G-17)

So basically if it had night sights, I would probably jump on it as that would be a smokin deal.. However this is a used gun and the 31 round mags are only about $30.00 USD locally..

Do you guys and gals think I should offer him somewhere between $400.00 and $425.00 for this whole package?? That's what I am thinkin as the deal needs to be sweetened up a bit for me to jump onit as I'd rather spend the extra $50.00 bucks and have a NIB G-17 uncompensated..

Thanks in advance for all you comments and opinions.. Jeff

R Moran
05-17-07, 18:51
If you want an uncomped 17, then get that. Otherwise all you have is agood deal on something you don't want.

FWIW, I carried a G22c on duty for awhile. Never could tell any difference in recoil, all it seemed to do was dirty up the front sight, which made the rear night sights stand out more.

Also, later anothe site was having bullets keyhole thru the target, w c models. The armorers founs some imperfections on the ports, which were stripping bullet jacket, and causing the keyholes.

HTH,
Bob

Rock-N-Ruin
05-17-07, 20:44
If you want an uncomped 17, then get that. Otherwise all you have is agood deal on something you don't want.

FWIW, I carried a G22c on duty for awhile. Never could tell any difference in recoil, all it seemed to do was dirty up the front sight, which made the rear night sights stand out more.

Also, later anothe site was having bullets keyhole thru the target, w c models. The armorers founs some imperfections on the ports, which were stripping bullet jacket, and causing the keyholes.

HTH,
Bob

Thanks, I just read your post and agree 100%