PDA

View Full Version : Another new M&P...

turbo38gn
05-19-10, 20:25
I did it again... first I put a few more bucks down on my Perfornace Center 945 45 compact I have on layaway at lunch.. kewl, almost there. After work tonite, I planned on stopping at my local Guns and Gun Parts store... maybe trade in a few of my older guns I inherited.. was shooting for another MP15-22 or a M&P 45 with nite sites, I ended up closer to the 45 in cash offered for my couple revolvers, kicked in the $140 difference and now own it to go along with my M&P40fs and M&P9c.... sweet...
These M&P's are awsome, I am new to guns and just can't get enough of them... I am definitely a S&W guy, living 10 minutes from their store and head quarters may have something to do with it..
Thank you S&W!!

Mike169
05-20-10, 08:27
Nice purchase!

If this isn't a duty weapon, go ahead and polish your trigger bar and plunger, then you'll really love that gun :)

turbo38gn
05-20-10, 09:34
Nice purchase!

If this isn't a duty weapon, go ahead and polish your trigger bar and plunger, then you'll really love that gun :)

Thanks, I have a couple of other M&P's, I replaced the sear from Apex Tactical on my 40 and it's nite and day now. I live in Mass so our trigger comes through a minimum 10lb pull!! Last nite I ordered the complete trigger kits from Apex for both my M&P9c and my M&P45, cost about 60 bucks each. The nice thing about replacing the parts is I can always put the original parts back in to be compliant or if I ever had to send the guns back to S&W for warranty work, they would replace any modified parts not within their specs.. hence saving the original parts.:cool:

Mike169
05-20-10, 11:44
Perfect.. I never liked my M&P45 because of how gritty the trigger is (never had that issue with any of the 3 9mm's I've owned) and because it was a duty weapon, I wasn't able to polish it or put aftermarket trigger/plunger/sear parts in.

Nice pistol, enjoy it :)