PDA

View Full Version : Best night sights for G19

Omega Man
05-19-10, 21:21
What are the best night sights for a Glock 19? I have always prefered Meprolight over Trijicon. Are there any better options than Meps?

Assy Mcgee
05-19-10, 21:26
i like trijicons because they're solid billet steel. i've been told some others are cast, can't remember which one's though.

triji's seem to glow for a long time too, i have them on glocks and 1911's.

Omega Man
05-19-10, 21:32
Ive had the Trijicon front sight go out on 3 different pistols. This has soured me on Trijicon's. Never any issues with Meprolight.

S. Kelly
05-19-10, 21:34
I like the factory Glock night sights.

jhs1969
05-20-10, 01:42
I have Ameriglo Operator night sights on my G19. I like them a lot, the rears have no white outlines or highlights, they are blacked out. Although they do glow in low light, in day light the front (with white outline) shows up very well. Check them out and see what you think.

John_Wayne777
05-20-10, 07:29
Ive had the Trijicon front sight go out on 3 different pistols. This has soured me on Trijicon's. Never any issues with Meprolight.

Unfortunately tritium sights are prone to do that no matter who makes them. I've had lamps slowly die on me. Recently I had a tritium element come completely out of the sight. It's just the nature of the beast with tritium.

As for G19 sights, I'm rather partial to the Warren 3 dot arrangement, as it provides the best low-light sight picture of any sighting arrangement I've ever tried.

Assy Mcgee
05-20-10, 08:21
Unfortunately tritium sights are prone to do that no matter who makes them. I've had lamps slowly die on me. Recently I had a tritium element come completely out of the sight. It's just the nature of the beast with tritium.

As for G19 sights, I'm rather partial to the Warren 3 dot arrangement, as it provides the best low-light sight picture of any sighting arrangement I've ever tried.

+1.

springfield armory put a new tritium front site on for me-it arrived totally dead. the vile must have cracked somewhere along the way.

they can make the most durable pistols in the world out of polymer, you'd figure they could think of a similar resolution for tritium viles.....

thopkins22
05-20-10, 08:40

As I understand it the Meprolight tritium is Trijicon as well.;)

rainman
05-20-10, 09:01
Used Trijicons for many years, but recently (~1 year ago) switched to the Heinie "Ledge" in Straight-Eight configuration...they work much better for my "old man's eyes" (>50)! :D

Seriously, holding G19s side-by-side, one with Trijicons, one with Ledge, there's a big difference. I would assume that the difference could be less if my eyesight were better, but the Heinie's work very well.

-Rainman

tiger seven
05-20-10, 09:52
I have Heinie Straight Eights on my G19. I had Trijicons on my SIG and I really like the Heinie setup better than any 3-dot sight I've ever used. Getting ready to have a set of Straight Eights put on my other G19 as well.

Derek

mvician
05-20-10, 09:54
AmeriGlo Pro Operator rear and their ProGlo front :cool:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/GLOCKs/AmeriGloProOperator002.jpg

obucina
05-20-10, 10:04
I have factory installed Trijicons on my '32.

jdavis6576
05-20-10, 17:05
I prefer Warren two dots on mine.

GLOCKMASTER
05-20-10, 18:11
For several years now I have been using Warren Tactical Night Sights (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=51760/pid=24483/sku/Tactical_Night_Sight) on two of my G19's as well as several other pistols. The green front and two low intensity yellow inserts on the rear allow me to pick up the front sight very quickly in low light situations.

Omega Man
05-20-10, 19:43
+1.

springfield armory put a new tritium front site on for me-it arrived totally dead. the vile must have cracked somewhere along the way.

they can make the most durable pistols in the world out of polymer, you'd figure they could think of a similar resolution for tritium viles.....

Springfield uses Trijicon. Another one bites the dust.

Omega Man
05-20-10, 19:45

Slowly dying is to be expected, but the pistols and sights i had go dead,were all new.

Omega Man
05-20-10, 19:47
For several years now I have been using Warren Tactical Night Sights (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=51760/pid=24483/sku/Tactical_Night_Sight) on two of my G19's as well as several other pistols. The green front and two low intensity yellow inserts on the rear allow me to pick up the front sight very quickly in low light situations.

Do these have Trijicon lamps?

thopkins22
05-20-10, 19:55
Do these have Trijicon lamps?

Yes, and I've used them on both of my G19's without issue. Name a pistol sight that doesn't have Trijicon install the tritium. As far as I know there aren't many games in town.

blackboar
05-20-10, 20:11
I currently have factory Glock night sights on my 19. I think they are Mepro's. They are great. Brighter than the Trijicon's I have on my Sig GSR Carry 1911. If you don't mind 3 dot on green (which I'm partial to), they are my favorite so far.

C4IGrant
05-20-10, 20:20
AmeriGlo Pro Operator rear and their ProGlo front :cool:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/GLOCKs/AmeriGloProOperator002.jpg

These front sights look like the way to go. They will be available for the M&P in August. :D

C4

Assy Mcgee
05-20-10, 22:22
Springfield uses Trijicon. Another one bites the dust.

they replaced it with one that glows like christmas, no questions asked.

cracked viles happen with any brand nite sites. you just hear about it more with triji's because they're the most common.

Jim D
05-20-10, 22:39
they replaced it with one that glows like christmas, no questions asked.

cracked viles happen with any brand nite sites. you just hear about it more with triji's because they're the most common.

The XD's have the tightest fitting dovetails of any pistols out there that I'm aware of.

When you have to force sights into a dovetail like that, vials will crack.

This is probably why I saw almost ZERO problems with Glock night sights, but more dead vials in Sigs/ HK's and SA's. The Glock sights are just easier to install.

PaulL
05-20-10, 23:47
For me, it's the Big Dots or Straight Eights depending on what sight picture you prefer.

TheSmiter1
05-21-10, 03:23
The front sight of my old M&P 9 went out. It was the tard that put it on, though. I was a Trij.

Trijicon fixed it up. Two weeks door to door, brand new vial, no charge.

I also just got an email back from them that said they replace old vials for $18 each. From this time on, I'm only going to be getting the front vial replaced, so it'll be about $25 bucks every 6-10 years, which ain't bad for an ever-bright front sight.