PDA

View Full Version : Reccomendations on Movers?

Jay Cunningham
05-20-10, 14:14
Anyone have good things to say about any mover in the area? I am moving out of an apartment and into a house.

eagle5
05-20-10, 19:38
Can't offer any advice on movers, but if you need a pair of hands, let me know. I have helped move quite a few people in the past couple years.

orionz06
05-20-10, 20:23
I could probably lend a hand, I have moved 5 times in the past 4 years, I think that counts as BTDT.

mkemmerl
05-21-10, 08:22
Don't know any movers local to you, but I can offer a bit of advice having moved more times than I remember.

Box up everything possible.
Have it staged prior to the mover showing up
Mark the boxes clearly with where it needs to go.

This will save you some $$$ as most movers charge by the hour. A beer or two at the end of their day may help when they write up the time too...

I know some people in Moon and Sewickly, so I dropped them a line asking if they had any experiences. Will e-mail if they have anything worthwhile to say.

And congrats on the house!

mk

Nathan_Bell
05-21-10, 10:41
Don't know any movers local to you, but I can offer a bit of advice having moved more times than I remember.

Box up everything possible.
Have it staged prior to the mover showing up
Mark the boxes clearly with where it needs to go.

This will save you some $$$ as most movers charge by the hour. A beer or two at the end of their day may help when they write up the time too...

I know some people in Moon and Sewickly, so I dropped them a line asking if they had any experiences. Will e-mail if they have anything worthwhile to say.

And congrats on the house!

mk

Good advice. Also if you have furniture that will need to be broken down for moving. Beds, hutches. etc. Do any that you can before they arrive. Don't freakin' kill yourself doing it, but it will speed things up when they are on the meter.

The_War_Wagon
07-23-10, 07:45
If you haven't moved already, South Hills Movers out of Bethel Park are really good at short hops around the city, and have an excellent reputation.

Jay Cunningham
07-23-10, 10:12
All done!

:suicide:

MTechnik
07-23-10, 10:14
All done!

:suicide:

Moved? With a young'in? Wow. You're a masochist!

Glad you're done, hope it went well!

The_War_Wagon
07-29-10, 20:20
Moved? With a young'in? Wow. You're a masochist!

Glad you're done, hope it went well!

My last move had 4 young'ins - youngest was not yet 1 - and we had 2 year old twins, too! :eek:

So how do you like house livin' now? :D

MTechnik
07-30-10, 10:03
My last move had 4 young'ins - youngest was not yet 1 - and we had 2 year old twins, too! :eek:

So how do you like house livin' now? :D

I have a single 2 year old and he's more than a handful! Wow...