PDA

View Full Version : Thread on RRA 9mm pistol upper

GastonG-NoVa
05-17-07, 23:55
I am looking to put a 3 lug adaptor on the upper above. Does anyone know the thread on a RRA 9mm upper or where to find a 3 lug adaptor?

Thanks,
G

-Wes-
05-18-07, 00:21
Should be 1/2 x 36, try Gemtech for the adapter.

RWBlue
05-18-07, 08:35
First, I don't see an upper.

Second, I would talk to TROS (The Riddle of Steel). He has many adapters in stock, and can make you a custom adapter if needed.

I had TROS make me a custom adapter for my Career II 707 .22 air rifle. It came with a Korean metric threaded barrel. I wanted to use a standard 22 caliber suppressor. We had a couple conversation. I sent him some photographs of the barrel. I let him know that he was the expert and if I was doing something stupid to let me know. Send him a check and the thread protector. He had an issue with something, the adapter didn't turn out right. I don't remember the issue, but it was beyond his control and I probably wouldn't have known until it screwed up my world. So he sent me an email letting me know it was delayed. (No problem, I was waiting on the ATF to do their thing.) A couple days later the adapter arrived. (I was still waiting on the ATF to do their thing.) When the AFT finished their stuff and I put it all together, everything lined up, shot it, I sent him an email letting him know.

SuicideHz
05-18-07, 22:39
It is 1/2x36.

I have a TROS adapter for my 9mm barrel so I can use my 1/2x28 9mm can.

Very nice little adapter.

BookHound
06-27-07, 14:21
Mark McWillis at TROS is THE man for adapters like this. He recently did a custom project for me to install three-lug adapters on several Uzi barrels for an LEO customer. The work was INCREDIBLE! I've done other business with Mark and he is top notch for sure.

Thread, as mentioned, should be .5x36.

Mark