PDA

View Full Version : mag carriers

Ga45fan
05-22-10, 10:38
anyone know of a good mag carrier that carries the mags really high on the belt? or even inside the belt for more stability? single, double, anything as long as it's easier to conceal and reasonably easy to get to.

thanks.

Ak44
05-22-10, 10:43
I really like the Raven mag holders.

jaxman7
05-22-10, 13:04
What kind of handgun are you running?

Ga45fan
05-22-10, 13:26
moving from a 1911 to a M&P 40 full size so I'm having to look for some carry gear, the flat 1911 mags are easy to conceal, I normally just stick one in my pocket, can't do that with the M&P mags.

jaxman7
05-22-10, 17:06
That's why I was asking about which gun. If you plan on running an M&P full size do not use a double mag carrier unless you switch the baseplates to the compact's version. I have a double and on many occasions upon doing a speed reload the pinky and/or the ring finger of my support hand accidentally hooks onto the baseplate of the rear facing mag. So when a speed reload is done, one mag goes into the mag well and the other hits the dirt. Switch over to the compact end plates or run single magazine carriers. Either will eliminate this possibility.

Ga45fan
05-22-10, 18:17
I was thinking of using the base plates from 10-8 to keep that from happening. I may just go with a single mag though, it's just as easy. I'm only used to having 16 with me which is what the 40 carries internally so I'll double my capacity with one single back up mag.

The 40 seemed like a good idea, now I'm leaning back towards a midsize 45, decisions decisions. I just like a 45 and I'm used to the recoil, such as it is in a full size stainless 1911.

I'm just after something is a real caliber that doesnt make me cringe if it gets scratched up or dropped, the 1911's make me do that. Something about that 4 digit price tag just makes me look at them differently. :confused:

Bulldog7972
05-23-10, 08:19
Take a look at Andrews Leather. He makes a pancake style mag holster that is outstanding.

jaxman7
05-23-10, 12:07
I looked into the 10-8 plates as well but those things are not cheap! But coming from 10-8 I am sure they are top notch and I like the cut outs on them.

I was thinking of using the base plates from 10-8 to keep that from happening. I may just go with a single mag though, it's just as easy. I'm only used to having 16 with me which is what the 40 carries internally so I'll double my capacity with one single back up mag.

The 40 seemed like a good idea, now I'm leaning back towards a midsize 45, decisions decisions. I just like a 45 and I'm used to the recoil, such as it is in a full size stainless 1911.

I'm just after something is a real caliber that doesnt make me cringe if it gets scratched up or dropped, the 1911's make me do that. Something about that 4 digit price tag just makes me look at them differently. :confused:

Ga45fan
05-23-10, 15:51
I like the cut outs as well. Wonder where the gun they have pictured with them was modified, it's fairly minimal but I like the flare at the bottom removed and the notch on the front, it's much more useful that way.

As for the Raven mag pouches, those look like the answer I was looking for. This looks like the gear the Magpul guys are using in their art of the dynamic handgun DVDs.

jaxman7
05-23-10, 16:27
I've been pondering for the last couple of days of doing the cutout on the front. That gun was done by Ben at Boresight Solutions. I drool everytime I see his work.