PDA

View Full Version : Please help !!!

petergun870
05-22-10, 22:44
Ok, so monday i ordered a BCM middy upper which i installed on my smith and wesson mp15 lower then i ran into a problem as i went to function check. The mag did not catch, so i gave it a good slap and it caught; then when i went to cycle the gun it was a little harder than normal to pull the charging handle [presumably] because the mag is putting pressure on the bottom of bolt carrier.

The strange thing is that when i put a mag with only three rounds, it catches it without a problem and cycles perfectly. As soon as i fully load the mag with 30 rounds, i have to slap it in and pull the charging handle harder -- is this a serious problem or not? How do i fix it? by the way ive tried pmags cmags and colt mags they all do the same thing

Thank you in advance for any help.

ryan
05-22-10, 22:46
Load GI mags with 28, Pmags take all 30, normal no problem

justin_247
05-23-10, 07:06
Load GI mags with 28, Pmags take all 30, normal no problem

+1

Also, if you don't want to do that, try locking the bolt back before you insert your first mag.

GLOCKMASTER
05-23-10, 07:22
Ok, so monday i ordered a BCM middy upper which i installed on my smith and wesson mp15 lower then i ran into a problem as i went to function check. The mag did not catch, so i gave it a good slap and it caught; then when i went to cycle the gun it was a little harder than normal to pull the charging handle [presumably] because the mag is putting pressure on the bottom of bolt carrier.

The strange thing is that when i put a mag with only three rounds, it catches it without a problem and cycles perfectly. As soon as i fully load the mag with 30 rounds, i have to slap it in and pull the charging handle harder -- is this a serious problem or not? How do i fix it? by the way ive tried pmags cmags and colt mags they all do the same thing

Thank you in advance for any help.

Are you sure you didn't inadvertently load 31 rounds in the magazine?

I load 30 rounds in all of my mags and can seat them on a closed bolt without issue. If I find a mag that's loaded with 30 rounds in it, that cannot be loaded in a rifle with a closed bolt, then that mag goes in the trash.