PDA

View Full Version : Glock 26 extraction

williejc
05-23-10, 02:07
I bought a used but as new GLK 26. Although I've not yet fired it, I did attempt to cycle loaded rounds through the pistol as a function check. In most cases, the slide stops moving rearward before ejection can occur. It hits on something(?) when 2/3's of the round has been extracted. Ammo tested here has been Win Ranger and Federal premium. With the mag removed, extraction and then ejecton is normal. This issue does not occur with Win white box generic stuff. Operating the slide with great force will overcome the blocking ghost.

Glock technical support has not seen this problem before and can offer no solution. The generic ammo is 115 gr fmj. Cleaning the pistol had no effect. Any ideas, anyone?

willie jc

gtmtnbiker98
05-23-10, 07:53
It isn't really designed to eject live rounds, but it is designed to eject spent brass. How about shooting it before calling on a perceived issue.

mark5pt56
05-23-10, 08:01
Hand cycling a semi isn't always a true measure in function as most times the slide isn't worked at the velocity of a normal operating weapon. At times malfunctions are induced because of this. I think you found this out when you mentioned it seemed to work ok when increased speed of the check.

I would go shoot it and I'm certain it will be fine.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-23-10, 08:45
You worry too much. Go shoot it.

williejc
05-23-10, 10:07
Thanks for your input. All offered good insight.

Williejc