PDA

View Full Version : Noveske/KAC SBR Build

jordan_sainz
05-23-10, 15:50
Just finished. Have'nt seen any other KAC Tripple-taps in brown, so here you go. js

Iraqgunz
05-23-10, 17:53
Can you please elaborate on your build? Did you actually build it, or did you drop an upper onto a lower and add rail covers? Can you give us some specs? How long did it take you to get BATF approval, etc...

jordan_sainz
05-23-10, 18:37
my apologies.

Started with an E-series Noveske stripped lower...
Orion Arms engraving
Noveske 10.5 Upper Receiver
Knights Armament Tripple-Tap Muzzle Brake-BRN
H2 Buffer
Silicone Buffer Spring
KNS Gen 3 Pins-FDE
Magpul CTR Stock-FDE
Magpul MIAD Grip-FDE/BLK
Magpul PMAG w Window-FDE/BLK
Magpul XTM Rail Panels-FDE
Magpul ASAP w MS2 Sling-FDE
Magpul BAD Lever
Magpul Trigger Guard
Larue Forward Universal Grip
Larue Ofset Light Mount
Surefire G3 LED Light
Troy BUIS
Aimpoint T-1 Micro in Larue Tall Mount

tax stamp took 5.5 months. sat on the sofa in my underwear and assembled

Scoby
05-24-10, 09:36
Congratulations on a job well done.
I like it!

Scoby

K9222
05-24-10, 10:07
How do you like the triple tap? Does it actually work? Does it have any concussion to it? Reason I ask, is I had an 11.5" with a Surefire brake on it and I could hardly shoot it. It seemed the concussion would wrap around my head every shot. I have an A2 on my current 10.5" SBR and was wondering if the Triple Tap offered anymore recoil reduction compared to the A2.

jordan_sainz
05-24-10, 19:43
okay, i should mention that i am just a college student and dont have tons of experience with AR's. Ive shot this one with the tripple-tap only once since i built it, and the recoil and blast was about the same as the 20" ones i fired in the military. it is certainly no worse than my 16". the installation instructions seem tricky, but are easy once you give it a think. i bought a snap-on 3/4" wrench to tighten it, and used the rockset it came with.

ive read what all the haters online have to say about how thier $8 birdcage hiders are just as good, but in my opinion, the tripple tap is worth its weight in inconel.

to be truthful tho, if chris costa had a toilet paper roll on the end of his ARs, thats what i would have bought for mine, haha.

SWATcop556
05-25-10, 10:52
Very nice looking build with quality parts. Looks like you did your homework.

It also looks like you have a shit load more money than I did in college.

thopkins22
05-25-10, 11:51
to be truthful tho, if chris costa had a toilet paper roll on the end of his ARs, thats what i would have bought for mine, haha.

At least you're honest about it.

Nice gun. But it's a nice gun that begs to be shot and abused...get after it.

ETA:As came up in another thread, it should probably be noted that just because something works for Costa/whomever, it may be the exact opposite of your needs. The triple tap is nice though...just something to think about.

jwfuhrman
05-25-10, 15:13
sat on the sofa in my underwear and assembled

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Thats awesome!

Velcro
05-25-10, 15:16
for updating your system's info...

Great assembly!

Velcro

jordan_sainz
05-25-10, 16:29
thank you all for your kind comments! the project's expense was not too bad when spread over 9 months. the tripple-tap was super-spendy, but what from KAC is'nt? if it makes the gun more manageable to shoot, than its worth it to me. next for the SBR is a PEQ-15 (yes, i know all that), then i will replicate the SBR out of lego bricks...pics to follow, -jordan

Scott66Black
05-29-10, 16:55
That's hot. I'm doin one very simalar only in UDE