PDA

View Full Version : What happens on youtube...

John_Wayne777
05-23-10, 23:06
...is sometimes simultaneously scary and entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzl-ptugOk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydxXS_v6Z0w

Coltdogg
05-23-10, 23:08
Thought he was going to shoot himself doing that crap!

mr_smiles
05-23-10, 23:10
Zorro! :D

bkb0000
05-23-10, 23:20
:eek::eek:

the comments on both videos are ****in awesome. nice backstop there, too.

John_Wayne777
05-23-10, 23:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuDDbWTV4jY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FoGECDO6ik

thopkins22
05-23-10, 23:25
Little does the pedestrian membership here know....:D

From the man behind the gun himself.

In knife or gun fighting the hand not on the weapon plays an important part in controlling the other guys weapon hand. Pedestrians.

ETA:Surely the swing set can't mean that he's bred...can it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2n2Fkajun4

Coltdogg
05-23-10, 23:34
:eek::eek:

the comments on both videos are ****in awesome. nice backstop there, too.

one comment I thought that was funny by someone "it would have been funnier if he shot himself in the back of the knee... "

LOKNLOD
05-23-10, 23:39
Thought he was going to shoot himself doing that crap!

Thought?

HOPED.

supersix4
05-23-10, 23:40
as Pat Rodgers says, some folks should not be allowed to have guns....
or cars, or kids, or oxygen

that idiot falls into many of those categories.

tampam4
05-23-10, 23:51
just hangin' out.....UGGHH! :D:D

PRGGodfather
05-23-10, 23:52
Ninja, please!

longball
05-24-10, 00:01
[QUOTE=supersix4;663122]as Pat Rodgers says, some folks should not be allowed to have guns....
or cars, or kids, or oxygen

You beat me to it. +1

Ark1443
05-24-10, 06:33
If I saw him doing that at the range I'd be half tempted to draw on him and order him to drop his weapon. He'd be endangering not only me but the other shooters.

Would that be legal in this case - if someone was acting in a highly dangerous manner at the range, putting yourself and others at extreme risk, i.e. doing that crap? Of course police would have to be called in.

Entropy
05-24-10, 06:57
This guy can't be serious. I know there are some stupid Darwin candidate gun owners in the world, but I don't see how this guy could have survived to the age that he is if this is normal behavior for him. Even if he is doing it all as a joke, it is still extreme stupidity. I was waiting for him to blow out a kidney in that first video, or fall on his knife when he was charging and flailing around at the balloon targets.

John_Wayne777
05-24-10, 07:11
This guy can't be serious.

Apparently he's very serious...so serious he has his own training outfit:

http://www.pistolaydaga.com/

Would that be legal in this case - if someone was acting in a highly dangerous manner at the range, putting yourself and others at extreme risk, i.e. doing that crap? Of course police would have to be called in.

Umm...no, that would not be legal. It would be perfectly legal, however, to alert the range owner to his shenanigans and have him banned from the premises as quickly as humanly possible.

Gene S
05-24-10, 08:05
I notice the distinct lack of knives used in the clip from "Collateral" that he has used (with permission?) on his site. The clip does rather suggest that "professionals" wouldn't be flailing about with a knife when they could be concentrating on shot placement :rolleyes:

What he hasn't mentioned is that, in real life, he carries something a little more potent than a knife...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWRM-UPzhGY&feature=related

On a side note; long before old age and Guinness changed me from a sporting SUPERHUMAN to a Weeble impersonator, I studied forms of Kali/Escrima, espada y daga as well as Krav Maga. I completely agree that these forms give you some really useful tools and mindsets if you find yourself too close to a difficult situation. I find it hard to believe that any teacher would extend this to using a gun in this way. Edited to add: while I can't speak of specific relevant experience with carrying a firearm in this way, I still feel comfortable in saying that it doesn't look good, safe or practical.

I still remember being told to "be prepared for whatever you bring into arm's reach of your opponent, being taken off you and used against you."

jaxman7
05-24-10, 08:21
This really bothers me that he has his on school. If its true........of course there is one way of knowing if its true according to this guy. 'If it isn't steel, it isn't real'!!! :rolleyes:

Daemonbane
05-24-10, 08:28
For some reason I was half expecting a bear to jump him... or to knee cap himself.

John_Wayne777
05-24-10, 08:36
I studied forms of Kali/Escrima, espada y daga as well as Krav Maga. I completely agree that these forms give you some really useful tools and mindsets if you find yourself too close to a difficult situation.

I would certainly agree...and then I would ask you this:

Do you see evidence of real skill/accomplishment/study of those forms in what is presented in the videos? I mean, I'm by no means an expert in escrima, but I think it's safe to say that a dude who is doing what this guy is doing in the stick & handgun video isn't exactly an A student in the art or its lessons.

QuietShootr
05-24-10, 08:41
I would bet if you look at registrations on this site in the last 60 days, you'd find his email address on one of the accounts that have been posting some of the stupid airsofter shit we have seen lately.

Zhurdan
05-24-10, 08:55
Crouching butterfly, Hidden Buffoon. - A twenty part series of stupidity.

Mac5.56
05-24-10, 10:03
I would bet if you look at registrations on this site in the last 60 days, you'd find his email address on one of the accounts that have been posting some of the stupid airsofter shit we have seen lately.

Can you link to the stupid airsoft stuff you are talking about? I can't get enough of this guys idiocy. It's like he took that ridiculous movie Wanted seriously or something.

Oscar 319
05-24-10, 10:21
I can't believe you guys did not recognize this dude. I found some vintage footage of when this modern day ninja-jedi was a kid. You are not just born with these skillz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

tampam4
05-24-10, 10:50
Star Wars kid either has some really big issues with socializing, or he has an amazing sense of humor.

Rather than making a new thread, here is more of how "not" to handle a firearm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUHkyUTYok

kaiservontexas
05-24-10, 11:13
I think somebody should take away his copy of Equilibrium.

RogerinTPA
05-24-10, 11:39
Those were friggins hilarious! :p Thanks for the great gut busting laugh and the coffee shot across the room.:D

jaxman7
05-24-10, 11:44
Have you guys seen the clip of the DEA agent who is in a class room teaching firearms safety and shoots himself in leg with a glock? I'll see if I can find it.

bkb0000
05-24-10, 11:48
Have you guys seen the clip of the DEA agent who is in a class room teaching firearms safety and shoots himself in leg with a glock? I'll see if I can find it.

yea, it's been up here a multitude of times. feel free to post again, though- it never gets old.

while most of the criticism he gets is deserved, he actually committed a really common and easy mistake to make. i did it once, myself. he cleared the weapon, but failed to ensure there was no magazine in the magwell. all it takes is a split second of distraction/inattention, and BOOM- you put one through the floor. i put mine through my bed.

what makes him look like such a ****in moron is the fact that his ND immediately follows the comment "i am the only one in this room professional enough to handle a gun."

ForTehNguyen
05-24-10, 11:49
yea that DEA thing is old, but comes nowhere near the stupidity of this stuff.

Gene S
05-24-10, 11:51
I would certainly agree...and then I would ask you this:

Do you see evidence of real skill/accomplishment/study of those forms in what is presented in the videos? I mean, I'm by no means an expert in escrima, but I think it's safe to say that a dude who is doing what this guy is doing in the stick & handgun video isn't exactly an A student in the art or its lessons.

I didn't want to start criticising his actual technique but he did seem to... well... suck.

Footwork should flow from form to form and build stability and stance focus. It shouldn't look like he's auditioning for a Michael Jackson video. The deliberately exaggerated movements are usually a training aid, not actual technique :rolleyes:

And what is it with all the wild, poorly controlled arm swings that risk throwing your balance?

I am left with the feeling that this art has taken a little from the original art and a lot from the movies. Having said that, maybe if there were demonstrations from an actual accomplished exponent, it might show that there is some value in it. After all, you couldn't fairly judge the effectiveness of Tae Kwan Do based on watching a beginner after their first lesson., would you?

jaxman7
05-24-10, 11:54
And THEN bkb after that comment he proceeds to grab a carbine!!! The kids, of course, start yelling at him to put it down. Hadn't seen that video on here yet so sorry if I was beating a dead horse.

sammage
05-24-10, 11:55
Future Darwin Award....

bkb0000
05-24-10, 11:57
if what this guy is doing is anything even remotely close to some kind of actual martial art, i have no problem shouting "bullshit!" from the ignorance aisle.

John_Wayne777
05-24-10, 12:04
I am left with the feeling that this art has taken a little from the original art and a lot from the movies. Having said that, maybe if there were demonstrations from an actual accomplished exponent, it might show that there is some value in it. After all, you couldn't fairly judge the effectiveness of Tae Kwan Do based on watching a beginner after their first lesson., would you?

...of course not. That's kind of my point.

Here we have an example of a guy who is so sure of himself that he's got his own training outfit, and yet it's painfully obvious to anyone who actually has any level of competence in martial arts or in firearms that he does not actually have even the faintest idea of what he's doing. There is a lot of that out there, unfortunately.

As for the "art" presented in the videos, I think we should give it a name.

Jeet-Kun Dodo.

Zhurdan
05-24-10, 12:04
After all, you couldn't fairly judge the effectiveness of Tae Kwan Do based on watching a beginner after their first lesson., would you?

Boot to the Head!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF6zILkOOc0)

mtneer13
05-24-10, 12:09
there's a knife wielding guy doing "the 21 foot" something or another that is friggin' hilarious too...i was cracking up at him...was on the right hand side top of the first video, petiko or something...

my god, i watched the first video and lost it...then i realized that was the same guy doing the knife wielding episode and the others...what funny stuff...

QuietShootr
05-24-10, 12:29
...of course not. That's kind of my point.

Here we have an example of a guy who is so sure of himself that he's got his own training outfit, and yet it's painfully obvious to anyone who actually has any level of competence in martial arts or in firearms that he does not actually have even the faintest idea of what he's doing. There is a lot of that out there, unfortunately.

As for the "art" presented in the videos, I think we should give it a name.

Jeet-Kun Dodo.

Jeet Kun Douche?

herd118
05-24-10, 12:32
Easily the most captivating video in the "collection", I fully expected him to shoot himself in the hand. Simply stunning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAG-Jm7rUhA

ForTehNguyen
05-24-10, 13:17
lol @ some of the comments:

Who cares about the next round chambering? You're dead already!

Yes, can you please do a video on catching a sword with your face?

I like how you you actually managed to prevent the weapon from cycling as you intended...yet were confused by what happened, and took a few seconds to realize you needed to chamber a fresh cartridge.
I'd like to beat the shit out of you. Seriously.

epete
05-24-10, 15:44
Easily the most captivating video in the "collection", I fully expected him to shoot himself in the hand. Simply stunning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAG-Jm7rUhA

I fully wished that he had shot himself in the hand. The mocking tone of, "Oh, what if I get powder burns, oh, what if the slide cuts me?" was entirely too much. The t-shirt that said, "Bleed out" wasn't helping anything either.

CGSteve
05-24-10, 16:05
I fully wished that he had shot himself in the hand. The mocking tone of, "Oh, what if I get powder burns, oh, what if the slide cuts me?" was entirely too much. The t-shirt that said, "Bleed out" wasn't helping anything either.

It was funny to me how he had hearing and eye protection in the slide grab videos.

Prior to seeing that one, I thought the videos were hilarious, but fake.

NMBigfoot02
05-24-10, 23:40
LIGHTNING BOLT!!!