PDA

View Full Version : FULL: Vickers 1911 Operator class in Atlanta, GA - August 7-8, 2010

Sam
05-24-10, 09:44
I would like to announce that Larry Vickers will be returning to Georgia to instruct a two days class on operating and maintaining the 1911 pistol. This class involves range session as well as a classroom session. Students will have a chance to detail strip their 1911s (you'd be surprise how many never detail strip their pistols) and examine every parts of their pistol under Larry's watchful eyes. If necessary he will tweak some small parts to make your 1911 perform more efficiently. This is an extremely valuable class for those who owns and shoots the 1911 pistol.

The class will be held at a private range in Atlanta, Georgia.

Students are required to bring their own hand tools required to fully disassemble and clean their pistols (punches, small hammer, screw drivers, cleaning kit, gun lube, etc.).

The number of rounds required will be around 800.

The class fee will be $400.

Please let me know if you're interested. Please reply by PM and include your real name.

Class is limited to 16 shooters and it's filling up fast.

Thanks.

NOTICE: THE CLASS IS FULL. THANKS FOR ALL THE INTERESTS.

VHinch
05-24-10, 13:33
Outstanding. I've been hoping this one would come back to Atlanta.

VolGrad
05-25-10, 07:17
E-mail and PM sent.

mkaeding
06-09-10, 21:03
PM sent. Thanks.

VolGrad
08-09-10, 07:59
Hey brother:
I moved your pictures to the AAR thread.
Thanks.

willowofwisp
08-09-10, 08:52
Volgrad,

were you running an ed brown SF bobtail? if so did your gun require anything to be modified by LAV?

VolGrad
08-09-10, 09:10
Volgrad,

were you running an ed brown SF bobtail? if so did your gun require anything to be modified by LAV?
Yes and Yes.

He mod'd the recoil spring plug to angle it so it didn't batter the barrel and mod'd the thickness/angle of the hammer strut. The EB part bows out and LAV likes them more parallel. On mine you could see wear on the strut and a corresponding wear spot on the leaf spring. Relieving that angle/shape should eliminate that wear.

He didn't care for the angle of the chamfering on my extractor either but it worked fine so I won't mess with it for now. The angle was pitched too far up for his taste.

My gun ran flawlessly (with the exception of user induced issues like accidentally activating thumb safety in the middle of a drill ... not once but twice ... and not seating a mag fully during another drill). The things he did to my gun were not to "fix" it ... just "tweaks" to his preference.

willowofwisp
08-09-10, 09:22
Cool i have read quite a few AAR's on this class on different dates and i have yet to hear/see of someone not having somethign tweaked on their 1911.

I hope to take this class one day for sure.

VolGrad
08-09-10, 09:29
Hey brother:
I moved your pictures to the AAR thread.
Thanks.

Thanks SAM. I didn't even see it. I will stop posting in this one now.

1911GunNut
08-09-10, 09:29
I was in the class, my T3 was flawless and didn't require any tweaks. :D