PDA

View Full Version : Think of swapping optics, looking for input

Rated21R
05-24-10, 11:38
I currently have an Aimpoint ML3 (2MOA) in a Bobro 150 mount which for use on my 12.5 inch rifle. Picked it up the optic as I am used to the larger size optic as it is what we deploy with (not the exact same model but you get the idea). Of course I see all the pictures of the Aimpoint H-1s on the SBRs and it makes me think I should swap for one. Other than saving weight (and adjusting to a larger red dot size) what would I gain? Should I make the swap? I sure wish I could find someone who had H-1 so I could check it out and possibly put a few rounds down range and see if it would be worth it swap.

Failure2Stop
05-24-10, 13:23
For people that carry guns for a living I highly encourage them to use the same weapons and optics as they carry for duty.
I can't say that I strictly adhere to my rule (my game guns go in a different direction), but it has a very good purpose.

Dos Cylindros
05-24-10, 16:55
I recently switched from a Comp M4 to a T-1. I much prefer the T-1 and it's not just because of the weight savings, though that is noticeable. The T-1/H-1 has much less "body" around the sight tube, and for me is much faster to aquire, because i can also see around the optic when scanning around.

Rated21R
05-24-10, 17:25
Thanks for the inputs F2S and DC.

UVvis
05-24-10, 18:32
I much prefer the 2MOA ML3/M3's to the T-1's for use with a magnifier. 2MOA aimpoint plus magnifier is a great combo for a general purpose gun in my opinion. The T1 has a smaller window but more field of view around the sight compared to the ML3.

Aside from that, there isn't anything I would trade a T1 for on my SBR's.

As long as the mount height is about the same, I don't really notice a big difference going back and forth between the two as far as what I can perceive.