PDA

View Full Version : Safari Land Holster?

mwt1980
05-24-10, 13:02
Just ordered a 6320 for my M&P.

Anyone have any experience with Safari Land?

What Mag holders should i run? What kind of Belt?

John_Wayne777
05-24-10, 13:52
What is your intended goal for the holster? The 6320 is a great duty style holster that works great on a patrolman's belt or on a duty style belt that is useful in carbine classes and the like...but it's not terribly good as a concealment holster.

A MOLLE or duty style belt is traditionally used by regular joes setting up a training rig.

Mag holders are mag holders. For concealed carry you want a mag holder with a pretty low profile. On a duty type belt just something that will retain the mags if you are bouncing around.

NCSt8man1999
05-25-10, 01:19
bladetech makes some nice quality magazine carriers. just got a couple in OD to put on my rig for classes. adjustable and fairly low profile, and you get your choice of how it attaches to the belt

ChicagoTex
05-25-10, 01:47
In my opinion, Safariland is the gold standard for duty retention holsters with their SLS/ALS systems.

Unfortunately, these same holsters don't lend themselves well to concealment.

In short, for open carry (something I haven't had to do in years), I'll run nothing less than Safariland; for concealment you should probably look elsewhere.

mike benedict
05-25-10, 09:53
The Safariland ALS is a great duty holster.
I have several of them.

SmokeJumper
05-25-10, 12:57
I've been using a one of the newer Safariland's with the SLS/ALS sytem for my .45 w/ TLR-1 as my duty holster. It took a bit getting used to, as it is bulkier than my old holster for non-light mounted handgun. Retention is good, but as pointed out, it is by no means a concealment holster. It would be good if it's your duty holster or maybe for competition/class use on a designated belt with mags and gear etc.