Failure2Stop
05-24-10, 13:31
Here's to all of our members in NC.

Arctic Sloth
05-24-10, 14:52
That includes me! :)

DaBears_85
05-25-10, 00:36
I obviously live in Illinois but lived in NC for a period with an old girlfriend. I loved it there, it's an absolutely beautiful state. I lived in Fayetteville, Raliegh, and Wilmington. Wilmington was my favorite by far, with Raliegh being a close second. Fayettenam... Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's great if you're a crackhead or really like stripclubs. I learned to never go to the Murch after dark, but that's a different story. Anyways, it's a great place to live with beautiful country, beaches, and people.

Sparky5019
05-26-10, 21:14
Obviously Me!!

Sparky

citizensoldier16
05-26-10, 23:05
VA born but NC bred!

05-27-10, 14:23
Only about an hour from TigerSwan.:D

tsconver
05-27-10, 20:19
Durham area

GLOCKMASTER
05-27-10, 20:34
Between Franklinton and Oxford.

NCSt8man1999
05-28-10, 00:05
Raleigh area

welchtactical
05-28-10, 01:34
Charlotte-Raleigh, down in Lillington pretty often too.

MCASSgt New River
05-28-10, 09:49
Stationed at MCAS New River ((hence the s/n;))) but live in Richlands.

Anyone close by that want to meet up for a local shoot let me know as I try and get out 2+ times a month.

Jeff Franz
05-28-10, 22:48
In Mt Ulla, near Mooresville.

Beebo
05-28-10, 23:25
Hippieville...der, Asheville. Recently married and moved to Black Mountain. Much nicer small-town feel, though I do love what Asheville has to offer for food and beer. Cheers.

ParkisMaximus
05-29-10, 09:35
fayetteville/ft bragg area. nc born n raised

The_War_Wagon
05-29-10, 12:22
Ex-patriate at the moment (Pittsburgh), but 9 generations a TARHEEL. Last 6 from Salisbury. :cool:

Sparky5019
05-29-10, 15:25
For all interested!

Rowan County Wildlife Club in Salisbury, NC will host their 1st 3-Gun match on Saturday 6/12!

See links below for mor info. I will post other places here also!

https://rcwanc.com/Home_Page.php

http://rowanbb.drsus.com/index.php

Sparky

jdavis6576
05-30-10, 19:27
I'm in the Triad, High Point to be exact. I'd be up for getting together at an outdoor range sometime.

Sparky5019
05-30-10, 19:50
Hey man, come on out to the above range on 6/12! To shoot or to watch...love to see you there!

Sparky

chuckman
06-03-10, 07:52
<----- Durham.

I E&E'd from Orange County and never looked back.

jc75754
06-03-10, 17:26
Proud to be in NC. Wilkes County

Jsaleen
06-03-10, 20:39
Wilkesboro here.

HiggsBoson
06-10-10, 21:52
I am happy to say I just bought a house in NC and I am loving it. Haven't been to a range lately, since I'm new to the area. Can anyone in Triangle suggest a decent range?

Ukamono
06-12-10, 13:06
Hi,

Being around NC for the past 15yrs ... settled here and built a family. Now I'm interested in firearms for collection and target practice (perhaps some competition).

Glad to have found this forum!!!

billpete
06-13-10, 08:23
In the Raeford Area.

chuckman
06-13-10, 12:43
I am happy to say I just bought a house in NC and I am loving it. Haven't been to a range lately, since I'm new to the area. Can anyone in Triangle suggest a decent range?

Where do you live??

HiggsBoson
06-13-10, 13:08
Where do you live??

I'm near where Cary and Apex meet. The only public range I know of in the area is the Wake County Firearms Education and Training Center, which I haven't yet checked out.

My neighbor's taking me over to his shooting club in the RTP area to shoot some trap and skeet this afternoon. I've shot some skeet before, but not for years. *PULL* Wish me luck. :D

chuckman
06-13-10, 14:04
I'm near where Cary and Apex meet. The only public range I know of in the area is the Wake County Firearms Education and Training Center, which I haven't yet checked out.

My neighbor's taking me over to his shooting club in the RTP area to shoot some trap and skeet this afternoon. I've shot some skeet before, but not for years. *PULL* Wish me luck. :D

There's a few clubs/ranges. There is the Sir Walter shooting club (I think that's the right name), the Durham Rifle and Pistol Club, Buckhorn Gun Club (both are in Oramge County, south of Efland). The club in RTP, I think I know it. You have options.

Enjoy the skeet. I suck at skeet.

citizensoldier16
06-13-10, 14:07

The Wake County range is good...but its just that, an indoor range. Their staff ranges from pretty knowledgeable to kinda weird. But if you can handle it, its a great place to shoot.

As for trap and skeet, your neighbor is probably referring to the Durham County Wildlife Club out on Hopson Rd. I was a member a while back and it is a WONDERFUL club. Unfortunately I have not visited the new DCWC, but I plan to do so soon.

If you live in Cary/Apex...check out Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center on Tryon Rd in Raleigh. They have a small indoor range and shop, but their employees are spot on. Here's a link:

http://www.pdhsc.com/

Im in Chapel Hill myself, so maybe I'll see you at the range sometime. Oh, and let me know how the DCWC goes and if you like it.

HiggsBoson
06-13-10, 22:01
Thanks for the range tips, guys. I'm finally settling in, so now the itch to get back to the range is uncontrollable again.

Oh, and let me know how the DCWC goes and if you like it.

It was a BLAST! ;) I learned a lot, and I definitely need to go back soon. As with most shooting, I find it addictive.

Uncle Alvah
06-24-10, 11:27
Can anyone in Triangle suggest a decent range?

I go to Range 37 in Bunn Level. Great folks there, covered outdoor range and it's not too bad a drive from Apex area.
www.range37.com

Para1*
06-24-10, 18:54
Born and raised in Columbus Ohio but was stationed at Ft. Bragg in 1999. I meet my wife and haven't left, live in the Triad now.

zk556x45
06-24-10, 23:15
New to the forum. Seems like a good group of shooters, and a solid Carolina contingent.

zk

joeface
06-25-10, 05:23
Concord area here.

CDDM416
06-25-10, 10:36
I only just saw this.
Wayne County for me.

theblackknight
06-25-10, 13:01
Lejuene here. I live in the bricks for now. GF and i are moving to wilm soon. Shell be bringing my guns with her!:D

theblackknight
06-25-10, 13:03
Stationed at MCAS New River ((hence the s/n;))) but live in Richlands.

Anyone close by that want to meet up for a local shoot let me know as I try and get out 2+ times a month.

Where do you go round here?

Sparky5019
06-25-10, 19:11
ZK,

Where in the triad?

Sparky

ge_traveler
06-26-10, 21:37
Swansboro for me. I've lived here for 34 years and love it. Can't beat the great water views late in the evening. Got to stop and take it in every now and then, as I tend to take it for granted having grown up here.

STAGMike
06-29-10, 16:13
Started out at Camp Lejeune (1998) then lived in Swansboro for a couple of years... we moved to Tx. (my home state) for recruiting duty,but my wife wanted to come back home so we are in Lillington now.

Klear Above
06-30-10, 22:16
Fort Braggistania! :eek:

Bayer
07-06-10, 23:20
Actively patrolling Lee Co.

MCASSgt New River
07-10-10, 14:21
Where do you go round here?

- Suppressed shooting: .22lr or 9mm only I shoot in my backyard.
- Shooting un-suppressed and just pistols, or pistol cal carbines, I go to Sportsman Lodge on HWY 17 past Western Blvd on the left side.
- Shooting rifles & shotgun I go to Flatwoods, in Havelock, off Marine Blvd a couple miles past the back gate of Camp Lejeune.
- I try and shoot competitions 1-2 times a month at B&R up by Cherry Point on 9 Mile Rd.

PM me if your interested in getting together.

S/F
MCASSgt New River

Watrdawg
07-12-10, 07:31
Fayetteville here. I came to Fayetteville in 1969 as an Army brat. Dad went to Nam right away. The only time I've lived away from Fayetteville was the 6yrs I spent at UNC-Wilmington and the 4yrs I spent in the Army.

Contrary to popular belife Fayetteville is no longer Fayettenam!!. Hasn't been in a long long time.

Range 37 in Bunnlevel is a great place to shoot. Close to Raleigh?Cary and within a 20min drive from Fayetteville.

AR Novice
07-16-10, 13:54
Triad area here.

New to ARs. Any local shops with AR parts, particularly AR lowers?
Doing a build and was going to wait for the GSO Gun Show but not sure I am patient enough.

Thanks.

STAGMike
07-16-10, 13:59
Peters Creek Pawn has Barnes lowers... they are build right here in Apex NC....

http://peterscreekpawn.com/

http://www.usamade-ar15parts.com/

bgoode
07-16-10, 20:11
NC born and raised!!!

jeffreywt
07-16-10, 22:24
I'm in Greenville, NC

:)

Loup Garou
07-26-10, 01:00
Hillsborough, rural enough for backyard shooting, close enough to Chapel Hill for the hippies to hear it. :D

NoBody
07-26-10, 07:32
Raleigh, NC here.

chuckman
07-26-10, 09:02
Hillsborough, rural enough for backyard shooting, close enough to Chapel Hill for the hippies to hear it. :D

I grew up in Hillsborough, downtown. I am Durham now. Give me a shout if you want to go shooting.

mike_556
08-09-10, 12:53
Checking in from Charlotte :D

chubs
08-11-10, 22:00
On the coast.

Loup Garou
08-14-10, 13:28
I grew up in Hillsborough, downtown. I am Durham now. Give me a shout if you want to go shooting.

Will do! :D

wahoo95
08-14-10, 15:27
Triad area here.

New to ARs. Any local shops with AR parts, particularly AR lowers?
Doing a build and was going to wait for the GSO Gun Show but not sure I am patient enough.

Thanks.

I highly recommend Barnes Precision as well. Give em a call and take a tour of their facility. They can build you anything you want/need....and they're local :)

BobinNC
08-15-10, 14:09
Louisburg, NC here. Member at Eastern NC Firing Range and Shooter's Club, in Dudley, NC (right outside Goldsboro).

Link:

http://www.encfiringrange.com/index_files/Page266.html

Attend LR tactical matches @ Juniper Swamp Tactical near Kenly held about 4x a year. Steel and paper targets out to 700 yds.

Bob

scottandt
08-15-10, 17:33
born and raised in the Raleigh area, still here.

GLOCKMASTER
08-15-10, 19:11
Nice to see all the NC folks checking in.:dirol:

tyrebitr
09-05-10, 10:33
Just west of Hippy Hill, far enough to shoot in my back yard but close enough it keeps the hippies wondering................

bulbvivid
10-20-10, 19:48
Hey there North Carolina folks, if any of you are in the western portion of the state, we have started a State of Franklin training group, figuring that those in the area (SWVA, ETN, WNC) are closer to each other than others in our states. We've had one meet-up so far and are planning others for the future. Come on by and sound off if you want to participate.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=791408#post791408

dorton
10-20-10, 21:39
Checking in from Winston Salem here

citizensoldier16
10-20-10, 22:41
Chapel Hill/Carrboro area...I consider it a life behind enemy lines :laugh:

Most of my shooting is done on my family's property outside the city limits, but I occasionally go out to the Wake County range. Hit me up if anybody wants to shoot!

NC Buckeye
11-04-10, 08:07
Just north of Charlotte (Huntersville)

Bayer
11-23-10, 12:43
To those who have said good things about Barnes Precision, I secound that opinion. Took the tour with Andrew, I'm saving my pennies now,my next upper will be a Barnes Precision.

wahoo95
11-23-10, 13:45
To those who have said good things about Barnes Precision, I secound that opinion. Took the tour with Andrew, I'm saving my pennies now,my next upper will be a Barnes Precision.

Yeah BPM makes good stuff! I've done the plant tour as well and got to see how much work they put into their product. I'm actually working on a build based on a BPM lower right now. He's just finishing up his 14.5 SS Middy's which should be ready soon!

MacA
11-29-10, 08:37
Concord, NC here!

Recently purchased a Daniel Defense DDM4v2. Great weapon! Highly recommend!!

wahoo95
11-29-10, 08:46
Concord, NC here!

Recently purchased a Daniel Defense DDM4v2. Great weapon! Highly recommend!!

Sweet! Bring it on out to the next PHA Tactical Match on the 18th and put some rounds through it! This months match is supposed to be a Zombie themed shoot!

The PHA Tactical Match is held on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 8:30 AM (April-September)/10 AM (October-February), weather permitting. Match fees are $15 for the first gun, $15 for a second gun (to be shot through the entire match).
The match consists of 2 stages with different scenarios each month. All matches involve movement and shooting around barricades and through windows and doors at ISPC-type targets. You begin shooting at the sound of a buzzer. The number of targets range from 7 to 18. Total round count will be less than 100 for the match (including pistol rounds).

You can use center fire and rim fire. For center fire, rifles used are AR-15, Mini-14, AK-47’s and similar. For rim fire, the new ARs in .22 can be shot, along with other .22 semi-automatic carbines.

Pistols can be used in any pistol caliber. Shooters will need 2 rifle magazines (25 rds. or more minimum) and an 8 round pistol magazine. Before each stage the range officers will explain safety rules and provide a walk through.

Your sign-in time determines your shooting schedule. If you register early, you will shoot early. If you come late you will be one of the last to shoot. NO EXCEPTIONS! Allow yourself enough time to enjoy a great time.

http://www.phashoots.com/Matches/Tactical/index.htm

Address for directions:
Piedmont Handgunners Association
10346 Highway 150 South
Linwood, NC 27299

MacA
11-29-10, 08:55
Sweet! Bring it on out to the next PHA Tactical Match on the 18th and put some rounds through it!

THANK YOU very much for the info. I will definately keep these in mind for the future. Can't make the 18th though.:thank_you2:

jwork
12-15-10, 15:25
Here in Gastonia.

BSmith
12-17-10, 13:59
Southern Pines baby.

GTM1
12-20-10, 18:20
New to this forum but not AR-15s.
Seeing a few folks I know already.
>>>>Lexington,NC<<<<

wahoo95
12-20-10, 19:04
Welcome Glen

Reddog
12-21-10, 00:09
Currituck County NC
Anybody else in my neck of the woods?

dorton
12-21-10, 21:43
New to this forum but not AR-15s.
Seeing a few folks I know already.
>>>>Lexington,NC<<<<

welcome to the board Glen

Aron_
02-15-11, 21:42
Before moving to the beach I spent five years at Ft Bragg.

ghettomedic
02-15-11, 23:55
Wilmington native, spent last 7 years in Chapel Hill, FF/Medic in Durham and exiled in Greenville for graduate school.

Pretty much got the Eastern half of the state covered.

Lawmaker
02-27-11, 17:53
Jacksonville. Anyone wants to do a meet up shoot hit me up.

MCASSgt New River
02-27-11, 18:02
Jacksonville. Anyone wants to do a meet up shoot hit me up.

I'm having a FFL/SOT come over next Saturday to DEMO some suppressors and just do some plinking. I have offered before, and I will again...if you want to join in PM me for details.

MCASSgt New River

Bill Lance
03-14-11, 09:05
Mills River---[Henderson County]

Maverick9110e
04-03-11, 09:37
Raleigh here, checking in.

Mr.Bickle
04-11-11, 09:04
fresh transplant here from NE-PA, don't miss all that snow a bit !

I've been looking around at different ranges, several already mentioned with one exception...Drake's Landing in Fuquay Varina. I just took my CC permit up there and there was a lot going on. The pistol pit I shot at had 5 12" steels at 25 where you pulled a rope to reset. There is also another pistol pit that I didn't get to visit.

They were also finishing up a new 100/200 rifle range with a two story concrete firing line. It looked pretty cool, and should be open about now. They also have skeet leagues & IDPA. Guys around the place are very cool. The whole thing is set up on a farm.

One question for you guys... are there any 'good' shops near the triangle? By good I mean having quality rifles & optics. The couple of shops around here were all dpms/stag/oly/ 'fake' optics. I'm looking for a shop that carries top tier items. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

GLOCKMASTER
04-11-11, 09:13

I've been looking around at different ranges, several already mentioned with one exception...Drake's Landing in Fuquay Varina. I just took my CC permit up there and there was a lot going on. The pistol pit I shot at had 5 12" steels at 25 where you pulled a rope to reset. There is also another pistol pit that I didn't get to visit.

They were also finishing up a new 100/200 rifle range with a two story concrete firing line. It looked pretty cool, and should be open about now. They also have skeet leagues & IDPA. Guys around the place are very cool. The whole thing is set up on a farm.

One question for you guys... are there any 'good' shops near the triangle? By good I mean having quality rifles & optics. The couple of shops around here were all dpms/stag/oly/ 'fake' optics. I'm looking for a shop that carries top tier items. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Shooters Supply in Fayetteville and Lawmens Safety Supply in Raleigh are about the closest real shops around.

Sensei
04-23-11, 06:18
Charlotte checking in.

Carnut
04-24-11, 09:12
Asheville, NC checking in.

Amp Mangum
06-12-11, 19:57
Benson-Home of Mule Days.

JoshNC
06-21-11, 01:11

I'm in the Raleigh/Durham area.

I shoot at Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center on Tryon Rd and also at Range 37/PSR in Lillington. Lawmen's is good to go for firearms and gear. I previously worked at Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Center while in grad school. They are a very good shop, have a 25 yd indoor pistol range, and carry Colt, Daniel Defense, and LMT in the AR15 department. They are also an 01/SOT and have been for many years. There are several guys who work there part time who are into taking training classes and also into title-2 firearms. They do also carry some DPMS type stuff for those who want it, but don't judge them based on this. Most of the guys who work there are very knowledgeable and friendly. There is an on-site gunsmith who carries LMT, PRI, LaRue, Daniel Defense and other top tier items. Shoot me an email at joshuasurowitz [at] gmail [dot] com if you want to shoot sometime.

kmc0929
06-21-11, 05:45
Got to be NC.

Happypupy
07-14-11, 05:52
Live in Jacksonville, work on Mainside and Stone Bay.

overbyc1
07-18-11, 22:41
Whiteville NC living, Wilmington NC working. Glad to be here!

zekus480
08-03-11, 12:41
Stationed at Bragg and amazed about how much I didn't know about using my duty weapon until I started doing my homework on this site. I am grateful to all who have helped me learn to be a better soldier and informed consumer. Looking forward to training with some of the NC (and possibly VA) members soon!

Maverick9110e
09-04-11, 14:29
Raleigh NC here. Also if your from NC check out http://WWW.ncgunowners.com. Great group of people on there.

cabledawg0723
12-28-11, 21:23
Lillington checking in

STAGMike
12-28-11, 21:32
Lillington checking in

Small world

Army Chief
12-28-11, 21:50
Back at Bragg, after a 10-year hiatus.

AC

Amp Mangum
12-30-11, 08:56

AC

Come shoot IDPA with us at a new range outside of Dunn.

http://www.carolinashootersforum.com/showthread.php?t=118606

Watrdawg
12-30-11, 09:02

AC

Welcome Back. Hopefully its a good thing for you. If not - tough - I've been here since 1968:D

Just to make sure I hope you know I'm joking around about the tough part

Army Chief
12-30-11, 09:42
Welcome Back. Hopefully its a good thing for you ...

No worries. It was ultimately my choice to return, and I've no substantive complaints. =]

AC

Watrdawg
12-30-11, 10:04
No worries. It was ultimately my choice to return, and I've no substantive complaints. =]

AC

Hopefully I get to shoot with you sometime.

Amp - I'd love to get into some competitive shooting sometime. When is the next IDPA shoot? I'd like to at least watch sometime.

cpekz
12-30-11, 13:12
Back in Charlotte now after completing my enlistment. Was stationed at Bragg (such a long way away, I know).

Amp Mangum
12-30-11, 15:37
There is an IDPA shoot the 1st and 3rd Saturdays at Clinton and a new starting January 14 at the H2O Fowl Farms range located between Dunn and Benson. LAV will be doing classes there in 2012 also.

I hope to see you and shoot with you soon.
Amp

Watrdawg
12-30-11, 15:45
I'm taking LAV's Advanced Handgun course there in May. Looking forward to it. I'll check out some of the IDPA matches soon. Probably in the next coming month.

Amp Mangum
12-30-11, 16:00
I'll be at that class too, the Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Amp Mangum
01-09-12, 11:36
IDPA this Saturday at H2O Fowl Farms.

Registration starts at 9:00am

3494 Fairground Rd
Dunn NC 28334

whoknows
01-14-12, 18:03
Winston Salem here.

tpdavis89
01-21-12, 07:25
Hey fellas,

Can anyone recommend a place to take the NC CCW class in the Ft. Bragg area?

Thanks in Advance.

STAGMike
01-21-12, 08:11
Hey fellas,

Can anyone recommend a place to take the NC CCW class in the Ft. Bragg area?

Thanks in Advance.

I have a friend just out side Sanford that teaches the class. I took my class with him and when my wife takes her class it will be with him as well. P.M. and I'll pass his contact info along.

mlr777
03-03-12, 14:56
southern pines here

Army Chief
03-11-12, 19:14
Tigerswan.

http://www.tigerswan.com/site/training/courses.php

AC

ericridebike
03-11-12, 20:18
Durham here!

wwright521
03-11-12, 21:24
Born and raised Reidsville, NC... Stationed in Twentynine palms for the past 3 years

SSGGlock
03-11-12, 21:31
Born and raised in New Bern, Army has me in Northern VA right now.

Unionprivate
03-18-12, 23:56
Born and raised in Buffalo, NY for the last 28 years. Decided to give the south a try and am loving every minute of it. The wife and I have been in Charlotte for a year and have no plans of going anywhere soon.

Ghost__1
03-19-12, 02:26
Spent 5 yrs in the Eighty Duece. I miss living there and will plan to move bck everyday of my life until it happens. If it weren't for my daughter I wouldnt have left.

MILSHOOTER
07-13-12, 20:41
Hooray for NC and down with IL. I miss IL but I don't miss my FOID!

mig1nc
07-13-12, 21:42
Durham here!

Hey! Another Durham guy! Hi neighbor.

Linuxman
07-13-12, 21:54
I'm in wake forest. Just saw this thread. Just joined frontline defense here and can't wait for the 1k range.

rak320
07-29-12, 03:26
Fayetteville here. I came to Fayetteville in 1969 as an Army brat. Dad went to Nam right away. The only time I've lived away from Fayetteville was the 6yrs I spent at UNC-Wilmington and the 4yrs I spent in the Army.

Contrary to popular belife Fayetteville is no longer Fayettenam!!. Hasn't been in a long long time.

Range 37 in Bunnlevel is a great place to shoot. Close to Raleigh?Cary and within a 20min drive from Fayetteville.

I agree about Range 37 PSR, I'm not sure about the Fayettenam part though :lol:

Psybain
08-05-12, 12:38
I'm in new bern. I didnt have to drive so far to shoot or to find a decent gun store.

Avenger29
09-02-12, 13:22
I'm actually just over the border in SC but I'm very close to Brevard and the surrounding area. Getting tired of the damn hippies...

BUOPtimus Prime
10-29-12, 22:27
Representing Raleigh, NC here.

Psybain
10-29-12, 22:47
Representing Raleigh, NC here.

Welcome from ENC!

DamierDown
10-30-12, 00:26
Wake county resident here

Psybain
10-30-12, 14:24
Welcome Damier, good to see you on here as well.

GUNSLINGER733
11-04-12, 23:36
Scotland county(40min. From Bragg . Yee haw

Keith E.
12-10-12, 12:56
Edgecombe County checking in.

Keith

P.S. Looking private shooting area. Will pay rent, make improvements, maintain, etc.

theblackknight
12-10-12, 21:35
I'm in new bern. I didnt have to drive so far to shoot or to find a decent gun store.

Come down here dude.

Psybain
12-11-12, 17:35
Where do you normally shoot? Wilmington is about 2 hours away from me, so I never really head down there.

BH321
01-02-13, 12:44
Western North Carolina checking in.

Lawnchair 04
01-02-13, 12:52
Checking in from Jacksonville, just pcs'd here from quantico va. Anyone ever run carbine and pistol classes down here?

theblackknight
01-02-13, 13:04
Where do you normally shoot? Wilmington is about 2 hours away from me, so I never really head down there.

I shoot at Ant Hill which is private, but they run 3 matches a month and the USPSA is almost section quality with 5 stages. Hopefully in about 4.5 months Ill have access to the Sheriffs association range.

Checking in from Jacksonville, just pcs'd here from quantico va. Anyone ever run carbine and pistol classes down here?

Locally check out Alastar TDS which is here in wilmington. If you want to drive up around fayettnam there's tigerswan,northern red, viking, vickers, raidon, etc etc and USTC up north. NC defensive also does Vickers classes.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Wreckingball911
01-02-13, 14:19
Boone here! Does anyone shoot at the Watauga Gun Club?

Typos courtesy of Tapatalk

2kflhr
01-04-13, 20:11
Lived in Mooresville since '99. I was born and raised in West Charlotte when it was typically full of proud & hard working blue collar families. Not so much anymore. I am a West Charlotte Survivor.

KeeFus
01-06-13, 18:20
New to this forum, Johnston County checking in. How does one get rights to the LEO forum?

Failure2Stop
01-06-13, 20:53
New to this forum, Johnston County checking in. How does one get rights to the LEO forum?

Send a PM to the "Staff" account, they will give you details on the vetting process.

Centerfire
01-08-13, 21:32
Raleigh checking in

GUNSLINGER733
01-09-13, 00:21
Boone here! Does anyone shoot at the Watauga Gun Club?

Typos courtesy of Tapatalk

My fiancées grandparents live in Boone. You shoot up there often. I come up there pretty regularly.

Centerfire
01-09-13, 00:38
Looking for some locals to go shoot with. Dont know many guys into firearms here.

Jax2Chl
01-09-13, 08:02
Decided it was time for my first post since joining the forum and this looks like a good place to start :)

Checking in from Charlotte.

wahoo95
01-09-13, 08:44
Decided it was time for my first post since joining the forum and this looks like a good place to start :)

Hey there neighbor!

mike_556
01-09-13, 08:51
Welcome!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Jax2Chl
01-09-13, 16:12
Thanks Wahoo95 and Mike_556!

Nice to see some familiar names from CSC :-)

jstalford
01-09-13, 16:39
Checking in from Waxhaw.

G22_Operator
01-16-13, 07:04

AFSPECOPS
01-16-13, 20:24
N.Davidson here!After being on AR15.com for 10 years I have switched to M4C! Way to much drama and their Mods are a joke! Looking for a new home and a place to play.

weargle
02-08-13, 21:44
Creedmoor, NC checking in.

Wreckingball911
03-04-13, 10:50
Creedmoor, NC checking in.

My parents live in creedmoor so i guess im "from" there as well. Howdy!

Aaron_B
03-16-13, 18:18
You guys know of any 200 meter plus ranges around Sanford within an hour or so drive?

PBurkott
03-16-13, 22:03
Hendersonville

DarkJ
03-23-13, 09:52
sup from charlotte

Blue Ridge
03-24-13, 15:43
Black Mountain.

LibertyNeverDies
03-24-13, 16:29
Roxboro does anyone know of an SW M&P armorer in the area?

CHawks_12
02-22-14, 17:36
Anyone around Fayetteville/Fort Bragg area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeDawg46L
06-12-14, 11:12
Johnston County here. Born and raised in NC and wouldn't have it any other way. May relocate the family to the mountains if they ever get the meth under control.

Anyone else on here from around Zebulon/Wendell/Knightdale/Smithfield?

Knightsofnee
06-12-14, 12:21
Hatteras.

Centerfire
10-25-14, 14:14
wilmington/Raleigh here.

jens5
10-25-14, 15:21
As my 1st post, Thank-you.

msigette
11-09-14, 10:11
Cameron/Fort Bragg area

Busta Prima
11-09-14, 10:27
Moving to Mooresville as soon as sell my current home. Looking forward to it very much. Now I just need to find places to shoot!

Honda4828
06-06-15, 22:13
Statesville NC here.

jackmobes
06-07-15, 11:29
Coastal Carolina here!

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Bogart
08-30-15, 23:37
Charlotte born and raised, currently living/working in Gaston County.

chuckman
08-31-15, 08:11
Charlotte born and raised, currently living/working in Gaston County.

What do you do in Gaston??

KUSA
08-31-15, 11:27
I live in Goldsboro.

Bogart
08-31-15, 16:47
What do you do in Gaston??

LEO with one of our municipal PDs.

chuckman
09-01-15, 07:25
LEO with one of our municipal PDs.

Thanks. I have a good friend, medic in Gaston. Why I asked. I am sure ya'll have crossed paths at some point.

Bogart
09-01-15, 12:41
Thanks. I have a good friend, medic in Gaston. Why I asked. I am sure ya'll have crossed paths at some point.

Yeah probably more than likely with our call volume and as much as we deal with GEMS and the other local EMTs/Paramedics on a nightly basis.

weargle
02-12-16, 19:53
Raleigh guy here; my girlfriend gave me a membership to Triangle Shooting Academy near Brier Creek two Christmases ago, and they finally opened. Looking to head there this weekend, and will be happy to report back on the good, the bad and any ugly that rears her ugly head.

chuckman
02-15-16, 08:03
Raleigh guy here; my girlfriend gave me a membership to Triangle Shooting Academy near Brier Creek two Christmases ago, and they finally opened. Looking to head there this weekend, and will be happy to report back on the good, the bad and any ugly that rears her ugly head.

Let us know. That place has made the rounds on the local gun forums.

weargle
02-18-16, 13:15
Let us know. That place has made the rounds on the local gun forums.

Well, they lost my application that I turned in last summer, so I haven't had a chance to hit the range. :rolleyes:

The selection of arms there is quite broad, though the huge Sig displays dominate everything. The little cafe is a nice touch, and the onion rings are killer. I'll report back after the membership crap gets sorted out.

BSmith
02-20-16, 13:23
I'm in Knightdale.

Dist. Expert 26
03-02-16, 10:44
I'm in Sylva. If anyone out this way wants to do some training, hit me up. My friend and I have built a pretty nice range that's perfect for carbine/pistol drills.

Travelingchild
09-17-17, 17:41
Relocating to New Bern , NC this Nov. curious on suppressor laws and If my Wyoming CCW permit is valid..
Out door ranges near by?
Mike

NC_DAVE
09-20-17, 13:13
Relocating to New Bern , NC this Nov. curious on suppressor laws and If my Wyoming CCW permit is valid..
Out door ranges near by?
Mike

CCW permit is good. But once you have been a resident someone could make claim that you need a NC one due to address. I don't know any out door ranges in NB. But Ant Hill Southport, buccaneer in southport, NHCLEOA in Castle Hayne (outside Wilmington, Flatwoods Jacksonville(no go). There is also the Holly Shelter Game land range in Pender County. I have not been there so I don't know how it is.

Travelingchild
09-21-17, 06:08
Thanks suppressor friendly? Only there for the winter so won't claiming residency

hdrolling
09-21-17, 06:53
Out door ranges near by?
Mike

We have lot of owners with suppressors

Travelingchild
09-21-17, 17:53
As I am aware notifying the ATF when visits a Silencer friendly state is not required unless the move is permanent, I'm only there for a long winter vacation . is this a NC thing?

NC_DAVE
09-21-17, 23:16
Out door ranges near by?
Mike

I clarified today your Wyoming permit will be gtg till it expires as long as Wyoming honors it with you no longer being a resident. And you are held to NC CCW laws.

M4Fundi
10-19-17, 03:48
Failure2Stop... trying to PM you and your box is full... could you clear a little space, please? ;-)

HeruMew
10-19-17, 08:44
Traveling to Rocky Mount, NC.

Suggestions on cool stuffs to do while there? Any cool ranges close by, resturaunts I have to hit?

Always enjoy the discussion this brings.

Thanks guys.

chuckman
10-19-17, 08:54
Traveling to Rocky Mount, NC.

Suggestions on cool stuffs to do while there? Any cool ranges close by, resturaunts I have to hit?

Always enjoy the discussion this brings.

Thanks guys.

There is nothing of interest--nothing--in Rocky Mount. Best bet is Greenville about 45 miles to the southeast or Raleigh about 45 minutes to the southwest. Those cities have puh-lenty to do and see. Are you a barbecue guy? Gotta try B's in Greenville; consistently one of the best in NC and the south.

HeruMew
10-19-17, 09:01
Twas the biggest fear. Good news is I should be mobile and done with work.duties around 330 local time there. Should have time to check out Raleigh and Greenville. Will be there about a week.

ETA:
As for barbecue, with that kind if claim, I feel obligated to try it now. Haha.

chuckman
10-19-17, 09:06
Twas the biggest fear. Good news is I should be mobile and done with work.duties around 330 local time there. Should have time to check out Raleigh and Greenville. Will be there about a week.

ETA:
As for barbecue, with that kind if claim, I feel obligated to try it now. Haha.

There are lots of great barbecue joints; B's and Parker's in Greenville, The Pit in Raleigh. Both cities have some awesome microbrews/pubs. Both cities have colleges (NC State in Raleigh, East Carolina Univ in Greenville), so there's a college scene, too.

What dates will you be in NC?

HeruMew
10-19-17, 09:39
Got plans for the 22nd thru the week and Nov5th thru that week. Fly in Sunday afternoon, Fly out Friday afternoon in both cases. Facilitating the onboarding of a third party company.

Thanks for all your advice too, will enjoy checking these cities out. I've heard Raleigh is a cool place to check out.

chuckman
10-19-17, 10:36
Got plans for the 22nd thru the week and Nov5th thru that week. Fly in Sunday afternoon, Fly out Friday afternoon in both cases. Facilitating the onboarding of a third party company.

Thanks for all your advice too, will enjoy checking these cities out. I've heard Raleigh is a cool place to check out.

Are you actually flying into the little landing strip known as Rocky Mount/Wilson airport?

Raleigh is a cool city; pretty pedestrian friendly but some seedy areas. It spreads out quite a bit so you need to be judicious about planning where exactly you want to go. Also urban as in soccer-mom-strip-mall urban. But, some very nice restaurants and pubs. If you are into wine, the Angus Barn is one of the best places on the east coast. The steak there is pretty great as well, and pricey.

Travelingchild
10-20-17, 18:16
As I'm spending my winter in New Bern Nc. What exactly is the definition of Cold there along the coast?
How long does it stay that way, week month ?
People say the 40 above zero is a bitter cold because it humid, thoughts?
I'm coming from Jackson, Wyoming cold to me is negative 10 or more for a month. which happens to be my cut off temp for working outside.
Mainly because the diesel equipment won't start even if plugged in, My gas truck doesn't even want to start even when it's plugged in.

Jaysop
10-20-17, 18:52
As I'm spending my winter in New Bern Nc. What exactly is the definition of Cold there along the coast?
I'm coming from Jackson, Wyoming cold to me is negative 10 or more for a month. which happens to be my cut off temp for working outside.
Mainly because the diesel equipment won't start even if plugged in, My gas truck doesn't even want to start even when it's plugged in.

When I moved down here from NY I was amazed by what people considered cold. I get away with a nice fleece or zip up. I never unpacked my winter clothes.
It's awesome when it snows 1 inch and the whole world comes to a stop. Not many people have experience driving in it and there are very few plows so the roads get kinda nasty and freeze over.

Travelingchild
10-20-17, 18:57
That's sorta what i'm thinking, A more positive friend told me I Might have to wear a hoodie with my shorts for maybe a week in Jan. I think i can handle that..
He went down to build his parents house farther inland and said construction workers stop outside work at 32 degrees give or take.
that's a heat wave. Wyoming Women break out sundresses at those temps...LOL

Beef15
10-20-17, 21:43
Mainly because the diesel equipment won't start even if plugged in, My gas truck doesn't even want to start even when it's plugged in.Not on the coast it's milder but more humid there.

Generally if it gets to freezing during the day it never lasts more than a week straight. Makes it difficult to acclimatize to.

People will be complaining as soon as it gets below 60. You will see stocking hats, gloves, and scarves likely.

Born here and back after 2 decades in AK. I've had my polypros on to sit out in the morning a couple times. Hoodies otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

fedupflyer
10-21-17, 00:03
When I moved down here from NY I was amazed by what people considered cold. I get away with a nice fleece or zip up. I never unpacked my winter clothes.
It's awesome when it snows 1 inch and the whole world comes to a stop. Not many people have experience driving in it and there are very few plows so the roads get kinda nasty and freeze over.

Its not the snow but the under layer of ICE.
Typically we get snow mixed with ice.

HeruMew
10-21-17, 01:49
Are you actually flying into the little landing strip known as Rocky Mount/Wilson airport?

Raleigh is a cool city; pretty pedestrian friendly but some seedy areas. It spreads out quite a bit so you need to be judicious about planning where exactly you want to go. Also urban as in soccer-mom-strip-mall urban. But, some very nice restaurants and pubs. If you are into wine, the Angus Barn is one of the best places on the east coast. The steak there is pretty great as well, and pricey.

Landing in at RDU. Thankfully I will be carrying there and will be traveling with my firearm.

So, while I always keep a sharp eye for rough areas when somewhere new, it's a better preset if if I stumble into the wrong area.

Nonetheless, I will get some time to peruse Raleigh a couple evenings and will have to try some of the places. I will take your Angus Barn suggestion. It's not much, but the 40 dollar daily food stipend makes me a little less frugal. Haha.

Joelski
10-21-17, 05:43
I visited the Wilmington area this summer and had a great time. Super friendly people (compared to where I live) and lots of great sites and places to eat. One nice thing was having relatively similar CC laws all the way there and back, so no hassle with stowing and un-loading mags.

Slippers
10-21-17, 07:41
Angus Barn is OK. Just a steak house though. Raleigh and Durham are home to some amazing restaurants and chefs, including a few James Beard nominees/finalists.

Brewery Bhavana is probably the top restaurant in Raleigh right now. Next door is Bida Manda, owned by same brother/sister as Bhavana. Can't go wrong at either.

In Durham Rose's Meat Market and Sweet Shop is insanely good. Very small place, hole in the wall feel.

Also take a look at Ashley Christensen's restaurants: http://ac-restaurants.com. I have eaten at all of them several times, can't go wrong. Death & Taxes is my favorite, and Fox's does prohibition era drinks, plus has a great vibe. Beasley's and Chuck's are cheaper/quicker alternatives for when I have my son with me.

I have a friend that works at Angus Barn and get the hookup, but there is so much on offer in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill beyond steak and potatoes.

Travelingchild
10-21-17, 09:55
Googled a couple of ranges near New Bern, Sureshot gunsports and B& R guns and outdoor range,
Opinions or experiences with either?

HeruMew
10-21-17, 11:21
Angus Barn is OK. Just a steak house though. Raleigh and Durham are home to some amazing restaurants and chefs, including a few James Beard nominees/finalists.

Brewery Bhavana is probably the top restaurant in Raleigh right now. Next door is Bida Manda, owned by same brother/sister as Bhavana. Can't go wrong at either.

In Durham Rose's Meat Market and Sweet Shop is insanely good. Very small place, hole in the wall feel.

Also take a look at Ashley Christensen's restaurants: http://ac-restaurants.com. I have eaten at all of them several times, can't go wrong. Death & Taxes is my favorite, and Fox's does prohibition era drinks, plus has a great vibe. Beasley's and Chuck's are cheaper/quicker alternatives for when I have my son with me.

I have a friend that works at Angus Barn and get the hookup, but there is so much on offer in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill beyond steak and potatoes.

Thanks for the great suggestions! Looks like I will have to spend some time in Raleigh more than I think.

Getting everything finalized for my trip out tomorrow. As mentioned, I really enjoy the discussions we can have from our NC locals.

Thanks for everyone's time and suggestions.

chuckman
10-23-17, 07:45

The steak is fair but it's one of the best wine selections on the east coast.

chuckman
10-23-17, 07:48
Landing in at RDU. Thankfully I will be carrying there and will be traveling with my firearm.

So, while I always keep a sharp eye for rough areas when somewhere new, it's a better preset if if I stumble into the wrong area.

Nonetheless, I will get some time to peruse Raleigh a couple evenings and will have to try some of the places. I will take your Angus Barn suggestion. It's not much, but the 40 dollar daily food stipend makes me a little less frugal. Haha.

From RDU you have to go around Raleigh to get to Rocky Mount. RDU is between Durham and Raleigh. Easy drive unless you get into traffic; the traffic around Raleigh can get shitty. All of you northerners joking about our winters? Yeah, this traffic is because of you people.

$40 won't get you Angus Barn, but it will get you a million other great meals. There's so much good food in this area it's crazy. You can eat nothing but food trucks and still eat 'gourmet.' Now in Rocky Mount, I have no idea.

chuckman
10-23-17, 07:52

My wife is Buffalo; her mom is here as are her three sisters. They all said if they knew NC was this warm in the winter they would have moved years before.

The north gets the snow, but they don't get the ice/sleet/freezing rain that we get, and even northerners can't drive in that.

Travelingchild
10-23-17, 18:25
[QUOTE=chuckman;2551014]My wife is Buffalo; her mom is here as are her three sisters. They all said if they knew NC was this warm in the winter they would have moved years before.

The north gets the snow, but they don't get the ice/sleet/freezing rain that we get, and even northerners can't drive in that.[/QUOTE

That's pretty much what i've been driving on for the last month...

Dist. Expert 26
03-10-18, 09:14
In light of everything going on, who wants to get together and train? I'm in Haywood county.

CWM11B
03-30-18, 22:36
Triad here. My family is NC since the beginning. Literally.

Busta Prima
10-25-19, 14:55
Some time has past but was wondering if there were any new places to shoot along the I77 corridor north of 485 . . .

PenderMedic
11-27-19, 21:47
I know im rehashing old post along with Busta Prima,,,,, but Wilmington NC here....