05-24-10, 13:39
Who else is in the bay area?

RogerinTPA
05-24-10, 16:08
north clearwater here.

Uin2it
05-24-10, 16:40
Brandon Zombie hunter here....
Looking for a good range with at least 100yrds.
Any recommendations?

CyberM4
06-04-10, 22:04
GibTown and any where else I hang my hat.

HES
06-05-10, 18:57
Nudist Capitol of the western hemisphere (aka Land O Lakes) here. Dade city has a 100 meter range

tampam4
06-05-10, 21:06
Hilllsborough/Pinellas county right here. Wyoming Antelope Club in Clearwater by the Coast Guard base has a 100 yard range, but is crazy on the Nazi rules.

Uin2it
06-06-10, 03:43
Anybody heard of or shot at Gun Craft in Riverview!? I heard it's a ton better than some of the others in teh area, but I have only shot at SHOOT STRAIGHT.

RogerinTPA
06-06-10, 09:49
Hilllsborough/Pinellas county right here. Wyoming Antelope Club in Clearwater by the Coast Guard base has a 100 yard range, but is crazy on the Nazi rules.

Agreed. That is what's missing in the Tampa area, an outdoor range where we can practice drills, without all the Nazi rules.

scanda
06-07-10, 18:15
Wesley Chapel / New Tampa.

tampam4
06-07-10, 21:16
Agreed. That is what's missing in the Tampa area, an outdoor range where we can practice drills, without all the Nazi rules.

Since we are missing a good outdoor range that has semi-lax range rules, what would be a good indoors one you would recommend? Who knows, depending on how many folks are in Tampa, we might be able to get something together as far as a shoot.

jwperry
06-07-10, 21:45
Have you guys tried the Manatee Gun and Archery Club in Myakka? They seem to host the Appleseed events every couple of months and I know they have a 1k yard range.

tampam4
06-08-10, 09:33
Have you guys tried the Manatee Gun and Archery Club in Myakka? They seem to host the Appleseed events every couple of months and I know they have a 1k yard range.

just checked out their website, and I really like what I see. I just can't bring myself to drive almost two hours to get to a better range.

Baldy
06-08-10, 16:36
I'm in New Port Richey area(hopefully for not much longer). The Hernando sportsman club near Brooksville has numerous ranges of all types and 100yd outdoor. I don't think you can use rifle on the scenario type ranges though.

M4arc
06-08-10, 16:58
I'm not from there but I spend a lot of time in Tampa and MacDill AFB. I also spend a lot of time in the Blue Martini too :D

HES
06-08-10, 21:49
Dude, you need to let us know when you are in town so we can get a beer.

RogerinTPA
06-08-10, 22:11
I'm not from there but I spend a lot of time in Tampa and MacDill AFB. I also spend a lot of time in the Blue Martini too :D

Ditto!:cool:

CyberM4
06-08-10, 22:13
Anybody heard of or shot at Gun Craft in Riverview!? I heard it's a ton better than some of the others in teh area, but I have only shot at SHOOT STRAIGHT.

Where in Riverview? I may go there to morrow. Since I'm going too the mall in Brandon.

CyberM4
06-08-10, 22:15
Any of you guys going too be at Shoot Straight in Tampa this weekend?

RogerinTPA
06-08-10, 22:25
Since we are missing a good outdoor range that has semi-lax range rules, what would be a good indoors one you would recommend? Who knows, depending on how many folks are in Tampa, we might be able to get something together as far as a shoot.

Knight's Shooting Sports in Clearwater, on US19N, let's you do pretty much what ever you want as long as you demonstrate safe firearms handling. You can practice transitions and draw fire, but...you have to be a LEO or take an in house advanced pistol course in order to do so.

I used to take the course once a year as a refresher. It's a 600 round course that covers the typical strong/support side shooting, one handed reloads, one hand malfunction clearance, draw fire, multiple target engagements, all shooting performed two hand, strong and support side. The course syllabus and ammo requirement may have changed since their is a different instructor teaching it now. http://www.knightshooting.com/

CyberM4
06-09-10, 08:22
I was doing holster drawing for speed at Shoot Straight last weekend. I was told I could not do that. Good thing I fired my last round I had left.

M4arc
06-09-10, 08:33
Dude, you need to let us know when you are in town so we can get a beer.

Ditto!:cool:

Will do guys. I don't have plans to travel to TPA any time soon, probably after the first part of July.

Velcro
06-09-10, 08:58
...but right now I am in the beautiful hills of Asskrakistan, so if you guys wanna get together @ Shoot Straight or Knights (have not been there in a while), I will be home last week of July...

I have to do my EOT training that week I get back, but I will have time.

Velcro

Baldy
06-16-10, 13:27
Ahh.. The Blue Martini:cool:

Six Feet Under
06-16-10, 16:23
I'm about an hour or hour and a half north in Citrus county, but would be willing to show my face at a meet if there was one. Did one on Arfcom and had a blast. :D

CENTCOM_Survivor
06-16-10, 21:35
...but right now I am in the beautiful hills of Asskrakistan, so if you guys wanna get together @ Shoot Straight or Knights (have not been there in a while), I will be home last week of July...

I have to do my EOT training that week I get back, but I will have time.

Velcro

EOT eh, did your cert run out? Hit me up when you get back.

CyberM4
06-16-10, 21:41
I'm about an hour or hour and a half north in Citrus county, but would be willing to show my face at a meet if there was one. Did one on Arfcom and had a blast. :D

Where in Citrus county? I'm in FC.

djegators
06-19-10, 19:09
Live in Wesley Chapel, work in Tampa.

I can be found often at Dade City range, and occasionally at Shooting Sports Tampa, and even Shoot Straight on occasion. Oh, and I never miss the gun show.

Velcro
06-19-10, 23:28
Why dont we try to get together sometime, like maybe WingHouse across from the fairgrounds for lunch and then hit Shoot Straight, maybe a Sunday when there is less traffic and maybe a gunshow!

Early to mid August would work best for me.

Just an Idea!

Velcro

FL2011
06-19-10, 23:47
Clearwater area myself. Will usually go to Wyoming Antelope Club or Knight's Shooting.

I enjoy outdoor shooting so it's usually WAC, haven't been there long but I understand they have been pretty strict in the past. Seems like that may be starting to change a little, they did away with the limited mag capacity limit thing. :rolleyes: Believe you still have to be a range officer in order to use the action shooting bays outside of a match, but at least they do have regular/weekly IDPA/USPSA style shoots. Some are pistol only, others are pistol & rifle, or just rifle, I think it rotates.

Have heard good things about Hernando sports club, just don't want to drive that far.

RogerinTPA
06-20-10, 08:44
Clearwater area myself. Will usually go to Wyoming Antelope Club or Knight's Shooting.

I enjoy outdoor shooting so it's usually WAC, haven't been there long but I understand they have been pretty strict in the past. Seems like that may be starting to change a little, they did away with the limited mag capacity limit thing. :rolleyes: Believe you still have to be a range officer in order to use the action shooting bays outside of a match, but at least they do have regular/weekly IDPA/USPSA style shoots. Some are pistol only, others are pistol & rifle, or just rifle, I think it rotates.

Have heard good things about Hernando sports club, just don't want to drive that far.

Last time I was at Wyoming Antelope (last year), the mag cap for pistols was 10, one second pause minimum between shots, and for rifles, 1 round per mag, unless you are a member, then it's five. I asked why the restrictions and the RO's said "because we don't know you or anyone else. We don't want fast shooters on our range. It disturbs the other shooters.":rolleyes: No draw fire or tactical shooting allowed. I walked away and went back to Knights Shooting Sports. If I hit Lotto tomorrow, I'd buy the property and fire everyone there.

jwperry
06-20-10, 20:29
Last time I was at Wyoming Antelope (last year), the mag cap for pistols was 10, one second pause minimum between shots, and for rifles, 1 round per mag, unless you are a member, then it's five. I asked why the restrictions and the RO's said "because we don't know you or anyone else. We don't want fast shooters on our range. It disturbs the other shooters."

Sounds the same as Teneroc and Saddle Creek ranges in Lakeland. You can get some dude with a .338 Lapua shooting right next to you and he isn't a disturbance but G-d forbid you squeeze of a quick 3 shots of 5.56 you get kicked off the range.

HES
06-20-10, 22:35
Im all for a meetup as well. I like the idea of a Saturday or Sunday lunch.

firemedic2000
06-26-10, 17:27
Ruskin and going to the tikki bar at little Harbor:D

Six Feet Under
06-29-10, 11:51
Where in Citrus county? I'm in FC.

Inverness, I'm about 5-10 from FC

tampam4
06-29-10, 12:06
A little update about Wyoming Antelope Club. Went there a few days ago, and they have definitely gotten a little more lax on the range rules. You can now load mags up to their full capacity, but according to the flyer by the check-in booth, the 2 seconds between shots rule still applies. HOWEVER, it looks like they are even laxing on that. There was a cop there with a M&P 15-22 MOE, and he was going through mags shooting at around 2 shots per second, going from offhand, to one kneeling, to both knees and back up. They didn't comment on my doing some pistol rapid fire. I think if you demonstrate you are not a tool, they won't mention anything. I was pleasantly surprised. Now just to wait for them to allow drawing from holster!

firemedic2000
06-29-10, 12:31
Where in Riverview? I may go there to morrow. Since I'm going too the mall in Brandon.

GunCraft is in Ruskin on 24th ave off College. Great range. They have a membership fee lowest is 30.00 now and it cost 6.00 to shoot. It has about a 30-40 yd range. Real laided back. I've been going there for 10 years.

Mr. Goodtimes
08-17-10, 08:28
GunCraft is in Ruskin on 24th ave off College. Great range. They have a membership fee lowest is 30.00 now and it cost 6.00 to shoot. It has about a 30-40 yd range. Real laided back. I've been going there for 10 years.

will they allow transisitions and drawing from a holster? I live in Valrico so this range isn't too far.

firemedic2000
08-17-10, 19:29
will they allow transisitions and drawing from a holster? I live in Valrico so this range isn't too far.

they are pretty layed back there. they do not have any range officers. If you get the middle range you can preety much do what you want as long as you use common sense. So yes to your question

Mr. Goodtimes
08-17-10, 21:57
they are pretty layed back there. they do not have any range officers. If you get the middle range you can preety much do what you want as long as you use common sense. So yes to your question

No RO's? I like this place already. I'm in town on leave till the 10th if anybody is interested in a get together out there some night. Ill probably go out there sometime this week and check it out.

scoper05
09-16-10, 13:30
spring hill here

IrishFlatFoot
09-17-10, 09:27
N.W. Hillsborough Co.(the 'burbs of Tampa).

I am a member at Wyoming Antelope Club, also sometimes go to Shooting Sports in Tampa.

Michael

BAC
10-17-10, 14:52
Just west of the Suncoast Parkway, aka, Odessa's Storm Shield.

Academy's keeping me busy during the week but I have my weekends for the most part. Once I get my M&P 15-22 paid off I'll have something to go shooting with that I can afford. :D

Does anyone know of any Tampa (or even Central FL) area gunsmiths that can chop and turn down barrels?

-B

scoper05
10-17-10, 17:02
spring hill,here.

m249saw
10-17-10, 18:01
Spring Hill as well.

Scoper05 you go to Hernando Sportsmans Club?

scoper05
10-18-10, 19:10
yes i do,some what often.possibly this weekend.

.45fmjoe
10-18-10, 23:24
I'm in South Tampa by the AFB.

Working full time and attending the police academy at night and all day Saturday doesn't leave me much free time at all, but I do try to get to the range (usually Shooting Sports because it's cheap) every other month or so.

Special K
10-19-10, 08:27

Academy's keeping me busy during the week but I have my weekends for the most part. Once I get my M&P 15-22 paid off I'll have something to go shooting with that I can afford. :D

Does anyone know of any Tampa (or even Central FL) area gunsmiths that can chop and turn down barrels?

-B

Check out Bruce Dow, Dow Arms Room in Dade City. He cut and recrowned my .308 then Duracoated the whole gun. Great work, prices seem reasonable. Lots of reloading supplies and old military stuff. Not associated with him, just a satisfied customer.

brian556
10-19-10, 09:47
Im also in Tampa and this is the first I've heard of this one. Looked it up on Google and looks perfect for short range outdoor drills. Was wondering if anyone has been here recently. Ive taken multiple rifle and pistol courses but have no place to practice what Ive learned. Don't get me wrong, I want to go where the shooters are safe and have common sense but could do with less restrictive movement rules found in all the ranges in Tampa. I would love to go to a range where I can practice controlled rapid fire drills, drawing from holsters, rifle to pistol transitions, and movement drills. The fact that its less than an hour from my house and is outside makes it perfect for me.
If the range is good to go we should organize some training days for the Tampa shooters down there.

CyberM4
10-19-10, 12:25
Let me know guys for Tampa. Thats what I'm looking for. Where one can practice what you learned.

post tensioned
10-23-10, 22:05
Land O Lakes here.
I have been to almost all ranges around in the area. I go to Shoot Straight to zero in scopes, the indoor 100 yard is very convenient, but thats about it. I've been to Dade City a few times, but they do not allow suppressors/ silencer, all other class 3 but not them, so I will not go back since I almost always shoot with one. Hernando is my preferred for most shooting, their comps are okay, but you can't transition. I'll go to Manatee when I want to stretch out with the long guns. I've been to Knights a few times, but I'm rarely on that side of the bay, but it definitely is much better than Shoot Straight. I'll be at Hernando tomorrow with the Mk11, so if anyone is there stop by.

m249saw
10-23-10, 23:38
I've been to Dade City a few times, but they do not allow suppressors/ silencer, all other class 3 but not them, so I will not go back since I almost always shoot with one. Hernando is my preferred for most shooting, their comps are okay, but you can't transition. I'll go to Manatee when I want to stretch out with the long guns.

Thats weird with Dade City, especially since they have apartments and houses nearby.

But like you I frequent Hernando, good all around range.

mskdgunman
10-24-10, 08:25

-B

Try Dow Arms up towards Dade City. Bruce cut/crowned/threaded a 16 inch heavy barrel for one of my AR's about a year and a half ago and did a great job. Don't remember what it cost but I remember that it was reasonable and less then I expected.

Dow Arms Room
19250 US Highway 301
Dade City, FL 33523 United States
|(352) 567-9800

post tensioned
10-24-10, 14:00
Thats weird with Dade City, especially since they have apartments and houses nearby.

But like you I frequent Hernando, good all around range.

Yeah. I asked them about it once, and the RO there told me that the range owner got into some kind of fight with a lawyer who was shooting there with one, and in a knee-jerk kind of reaction promised to never allow silencers again, as I guess some kind of **** you to that guy. I didn't know quite what to make of the story, but I figured how can you make something like that up.

SA80Dan
11-08-10, 08:08
Hello all, new member to the forum, also in the Tampa area. Actually another "Centcom survivor" as it were :) British Army brought me here in 2002....meeting and marrying a local brought be back permanently a couple of years later. I'm in the Brandon/Riverview area - rangewise, I spend my time at Guncraft in Ruskin - or at the Manatee Gun Club (which is unbeatable for distance shooting, with its 1000 yard range). Have also recently gotten into 3 Gun and am now taking trips up to Hernando and also over to Frank Garcia's place in Frostproof for matches.

survivorman
12-14-10, 19:51
Tampa here as well.......North very close to the New St Joes

to all that shoot at guncraft in Ruskin....where exactly is this range? how close is it to a restaurant in the area called Popis place

SA80Dan
12-14-10, 20:12
Tampa here as well.......North very close to the New St Joes

to all that shoot at guncraft in Ruskin....where exactly is this range? how close is it to a restaurant in the area called Popis place

Guncraft - 2403 21st Ave SE, Ruskin, FL 33570. Picture paints 1000 words:

http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?encType=1&v=2&ss=ypid.YN191x3935515&style=r&mkt=en-us&FORM=LLDP

Put that in your browser, then on the drop down menu where it says "Road", select "Birds Eye", and zoom all the way in. Guncraft is on the South side of 21st St SE....but accessed from 24th St running North-South. If it looks like someones backyard....that's because it pretty much is, lol! :) But from that aerial picture in the link, you will be able to make out the three berms to the right of the property.

Range is short (35 yard berms), but it is a great place for practical type shooting.

Velcro
12-14-10, 20:37
We should get a M4C Shoot set up for Tampa and Central Florida people...any interest?

Velcro

survivorman
12-14-10, 20:46
interested.....and diggin your avatar lol

Fireman1291
12-14-10, 21:14
I'm down for a shoot. How's feburary at hernando sportsmans club sound? They are class3 friendly:p

Fireman1291
12-14-10, 21:16
Land O Lakes here.
I have been to almost all ranges around in the area. I go to Shoot Straight to zero in scopes, the indoor 100 yard is very convenient, but thats about it. I've been to Dade City a few times, but they do not allow suppressors/ silencer, all other class 3 but not them, so I will not go back since I almost always shoot with one. Hernando is my preferred for most shooting, their comps are okay, but you can't transition. I'll go to Manatee when I want to stretch out with the long guns. I've been to Knights a few times, but I'm rarely on that side of the bay, but it definitely is much better than Shoot Straight. I'll be at Hernando tomorrow with the Mk11, so if anyone is there stop by.

Cool! Another suppressor enthusiast that lives in LOL. Whera a bouts? I'm in Lake Shore Ranch.:cool:

HES
12-25-10, 13:11
post tensioned and Fireman1291 ; Howdy neighbors.
Yeah our neck of the woods is seriously lacking in any near by ranges.

We should get a M4C Shoot set up for Tampa and Central Florida people...any interest?

Velcro
Name the date. I'm interested.

DMack
12-25-10, 14:09
Manatee Gun and Archery Club.

http://www.manateegunclub.com/range-report.html

From Tampa, it's a bit of a drive down 75, across the Skyway, and off in Bradenton. You drive East on SR-64 about 20 miles or so.

It's a very nice rage, run by some very stand up guys. They have four lanes that reach out to 1024 yards, and have steel permenantly placed there. They do F class matches, Hi Power matches, and some pretty fun "clay bird" matches.

They have a cowboy action range, that once you get to know them, if not being used... you can set up stages and do all the training you like.

Check them out... talk to Gene. He's a retired Marine, and has FORGOTTEN more about long range shooting than I will EVER know.

Oh, and if you are active duty Military, you shoot free. I shot there all the time when I was stationed in Tampa. I'm no longer in the Tampa area.

I would always donate to them, just because of who they are and what they do. Worth the drive in my opinion.

The rifle area, has many lanes, with nice shooting benches. They have permanent steel swingers, gongs, plates, etc... out at 565 yards... and you can use movable target stands from 100 yards all the way out to the steel if you like.

They have golf carts to use, and the range runs line normal ranges. Normal range calls... safety, etc. But, they are pretty easy on letting you do what you want... as long as you are proficient and safe.

Cheers!

RogerinTPA
12-25-10, 16:06

Velcro

I'm in IF anyone can find a range that doesn't have Nazi range rules.

BAC
12-25-10, 17:06
I'm in IF anyone can find a range that doesn't have Nazi range rules.

This.

-B

Fireman1291
12-26-10, 09:10
Anyone want to go to Hernando Sportsmans Club on Feb.26? Its a saturday....I should have some more toys clear the atf by then.....

brian556
12-26-10, 09:57
Well Im off till Jan 8th and plan on heading to Gun Craft for the first time this week. Just finished my DD Middy build and have been wanting to check out their range for awhile now. I really hope it is as laid back as everyone says. Pretty excited to find a place to really practice and train close to Tampa!

Probably try to head out Wed or Thurs this week if anyone is interested.

HES
12-30-10, 21:44
Does anyone have any information on Gun Craft other than their location. Apparently they don't have a web site. How much does it cost to shoot? How many lanes do they have for pistol and how many for rifle? What are the distances on the lanes?

Fireman1291 I'd love to but I have scout training that day.

In the mean time I am trying to my son and I to Hernando or Dade City to zero our new rifles.

HES
01-03-11, 00:52
I've been to Dade City a few times, but they do not allow suppressors/ silencer, all other class 3 but not them, so I will not go back since I almost always shoot with one.
I shot at Dade City this weekend and there is a posting on the club house bulletin board and the range where by, effective in May of 2010, the board approved the use of suppressors on the range. Hopefully that will save you some driving time.

emt370
01-19-11, 19:51
Hey guys. Just saw this thread. North Clearwater here. Local LEO/SWAT, and while this is definitely my favorite thing to do, I get really upset with the lack of "open" ranges around here. I don't get much out of standing in one place at the WAC or Knights blasting and wasting ammo in static positions, and with training/ammo budget cuts, we certainly don't get enough range time at work (which allows for dynamic shooting which I love). Looking forward to seeing if we can get something started here with people that actually train to shoot.

FL2011
01-19-11, 20:14
Hey guys. Just saw this thread. North Clearwater here. Local LEO/SWAT, and while this is definitely my favorite thing to do, I get really upset with the lack of "open" ranges around here. I don't get much out of standing in one place at the WAC or Knights blasting and wasting ammo in static positions, and with training/ammo budget cuts, we certainly don't get enough range time at work (which allows for dynamic shooting which I love). Looking forward to seeing if we can get something started here with people that actually train to shoot.

Have you done any of the action pistol/IDPA type shoots at WAC?

I agree with you though, no "open" options in Pinellas county here. I did an action pistol shoot at WAC a few months ago and really enjoyed it. Only thing I don't like is that unless you're an RO there you can only use their action bays at one of their organized shoots.

RogerinTPA
01-19-11, 20:52
Anyone interested in a meet/greet and shoot? If anyone can vouch for the above mentioned ranges in the tampa area, I'm in.

RogerinTPA
01-19-11, 20:56

I'm at Knight's every weekend, they let me do most of the drills I want to do. As long as you demonstrate proficiency and don't flag anyone, they let you do whatever, except for draw fire, unless you have taken their class or are a LEO. I've heard WAC is relaxing their rules a little, but nothing in writing yet.

TheSurvivalist
01-20-11, 14:47
Northeast Pinellas here.

post tensioned
01-21-11, 07:29
Like emt370 said, we all need to get a Gulf Coast Defensive Carbine Club going. Cause it is too far to drive to Lake City for FDCC matches or Volusia for CFDCC matches. Only problem is what range would let us run matches there. Any ideas?

SA80Dan
01-21-11, 08:16
Have you tried the matches at Hernando Sportsman's Club?

http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/

They have a carbine match every second Saturday (apart from Jan April July Oct, where it is 3 Gun).

post tensioned
01-21-11, 08:51
I shoot at Hernando regularly. I have shot their action rifle matches before, but I prefer a more dynamic match, with sidearm transitions, multiple magazine changes, etc. more akin to the FDCC matches.

emt370
01-21-11, 17:00
I'll see if I can get any info from the WAC. Once you become a rangemaster there, I think that it's pretty much up to you to make sure that things go smoothly if you do your own thing. The new bays that they have on the north side for the IDPA matches are open for centerfire rifle I believe. Maybe that's how the other clubs that use the facility do it because obviously they don't follow the typical WAC civilian range rules.

post tensioned
02-01-11, 15:33
Anyone want to go to Hernando Sportsmans Club on Feb.26? Its a saturday....I should have some more toys clear the atf by then.....

I think I posted going again on the same date over on ST. I am definitely down for going on the 26th, since the 200 meter range will be open, where we can set up steel and other stuff at whatever distance we want to.

m249saw
02-01-11, 17:39
Damn it I actually have Feb 26th off but I have a Carbine class in Lakeland:mad:

HES
03-13-11, 22:52
Ok guys here we are in mid March. Any ideas? Im probably heading to ren fest with the wife and kids for a non shooting event this upcoming weekend.

Mr. Goodtimes
03-22-11, 18:24
What are the rules like at hernando sportsmans club?

post tensioned
04-02-11, 19:43
I shot at Dade City this weekend and there is a posting on the club house bulletin board and the range where by, effective in May of 2010, the board approved the use of suppressors on the range. Hopefully that will save you some driving time.

HES

Thanks for the heads up, I shot there last week for the first time in a couple of years with my suppressors. It was nice to only drive 15 minutes to a range.

post tensioned
04-02-11, 19:46
What are the rules like at hernando sportsmans club?

HSC is a really nice range. All the RO's I have meet are friendly and not too overbearing. In my opinion, they are strict on what they have to be; target placement, not handling guns during cold line, muzzle disciple, etc. Rapid fire is not an issue, and if you know what you are doing, they pretty much leave you alone. I like shooting there - just wish they had a longer range.

Mr. Goodtimes
04-02-11, 23:18
HSC is a really nice range. All the RO's I have meet are friendly and not too overbearing. In my opinion, they are strict on what they have to be; target placement, not handling guns during cold line, muzzle disciple, etc. Rapid fire is not an issue, and if you know what you are doing, they pretty much leave you alone. I like shooting there - just wish they had a longer range.

Looks like I'll have to try them out then. I've been looking for a nice outdoor range.

Eurodriver
04-10-11, 22:35
I see that HSC has evening shoots from 5pm to 9pm?

Would I be able to shoot using NVGs? Are there lights? Or did I completely miss the bus?

post tensioned
04-18-11, 20:09
I see that HSC has evening shoots from 5pm to 9pm?

Would I be able to shoot using NVGs? Are there lights? Or did I completely miss the bus?

It's lit up with lots of halogen lights, an illuminated reticle is handy, but NVGs wouldn't work.

djegators
04-25-11, 21:05
I shoot almost weekly at Dade City, and its fine for what it is, but we do need something a but more in this area. Anyways, I know its a long shot, but the 2nd Amendment Club is working on something now. We can at least submit our surveys, and show that there is demand.

This is a post from flaguns.com by a member who is working on this:

DO YOU WANT A PREMIER OUTDOOR GUN RANGE
IN PASCO COUNTY FLORIDA?

If so, your vote needs to be heard, and then please
FORWARD this on to all your contacts, friends, families and coworkers,
no matter where they may live.
The Pasco County Commissioners need to see the response this survey produces, to consider this project.

link to the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2W9XJX7

If anyone wants to meet up at Dade City, let me know, like I said I am quite a regular there.

DJ

HES
04-25-11, 21:58
LOL. I just got out of the meeting and started a thread on this exactly. I also started one on FSN.

djegators
04-25-11, 22:02
Anything new from the meeting?

HES
04-25-11, 22:42
I put some stuff in the other thread I started in this sub forum with additional information. Other than that there were some legislative updates about pending house bills and there was a bunch of political BS being bandied about. Stuff like being parochial about where they wanted it in the county and the like. But that is about as far as I am gonna take it because those details can be worked out in the end.

post tensioned
04-26-11, 17:05
I just completed the survey, and I'm getting a bunch others to.