PDA

View Full Version : The good Lord help me!!

jaxman7
05-24-10, 20:56
Well fellas I have off tomorrow with a dremmel tool,sandpaper, and a relatively new M&P 9 FS and I am just impatient enough to not send it to Ben @ Boresight Solutions. Will be texturing the frame and the lower part of the trigger guard. God be with me!!!

opmike
05-24-10, 21:13
Oh boy...

jaxman7
05-24-10, 21:20
Oh boy is right! I have done quite a few pmags,grips on my 1911,rail covers on the AR,and stuff on the M&P 15-22, so hopefully everything will turn out OK!

SteveL
05-24-10, 21:36
It sounds like you've had quite a bit of practice already so things will probably go fine.

Hoss356
05-24-10, 22:25
Oh boy is right! I have done quite a few pmags,grips on my 1911,rail covers on the AR,and stuff on the M&P 15-22, so hopefully everything will turn out OK!

For some reason this comment doesn't exude confidence. Don't forget the pics when your done.

SaddleTramp
05-24-10, 23:11
a relatively new M&P

Hopefully tomorrow we don't see the new thread titled "WTS: a relatively used M&P" :D

13MPG
05-24-10, 23:38
Hopefully tomorrow we don't see the new thread titled "WTS: a relatively used M&P" :D

lol, so very true.

OP: You should take some step by step pics of the work

Biggy
05-25-10, 00:36
Well fellas I have off tomorrow with a dremmel tool,sandpaper, and a relatively new M&P 9 FS and I am just impatient enough to not send it to Ben @ Boresight Solutions. Will be texturing the frame and the lower part of the trigger guard. God be with me!!!

You might want to check out "Cold Bore Customs". IMHO he has a very factory looking texturing . He also has a fast turnaround , great prices, and its done right the first time. To sample his work you could have one of the grip inserts textured for $15.00 . Here is a pic of a M&P grip insert with his carry texture.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss72/Biggy8/IMG_0692.jpg

gtmtnbiker98
05-25-10, 06:27
That's just wrong.

ColdDeadHands
05-25-10, 07:29
Good luck. I don't see why you couldn't do it yourself.
I think I'm going to Hobby Lobby today to buy a Wood-burning kit so I can work on my G21SF. Do you know what is used to fill the "hole" in glocks to do a grip reduction?

RogerinTPA
05-25-10, 07:59

Good luck...if you haven't done this before, practice on the other back straps/palm swells, or other piece of plastic first, to refine your technique. Personally, I don't have the patience to do it myself. I just gave Ben 2 of my M&Ps after a class. It'll be a while, but his work is worth the wait.

jaxman7
05-25-10, 12:42
Good question colddeadhands. Would love to know what that filler is myself. No way am I going to do that on my G19. That one is going to Boresight. Well I got the stippling done, the undercut on the trigger guard and now am rounding off the trigger guard. Call me a Magpul kool aid drinker but if you have seen the special features on their handgun DVD Haley talks about a reference notch cutout on the guard for the support hand. Just cut one out on mine and I must say it works pretty well and is a little more comfortable. To the staff, apologies for not putting this thread in the right forum.

jaxman7
05-25-10, 12:47
That is wrong! Hopefully not prophetic though. ;)

[/B]

ColdDeadHands
05-25-10, 19:56
Good question colddeadhands. Would love to know what that filler is myself. No way am I going to do that on my G19. That one is going to Boresight. Well I got the stippling done, the undercut on the trigger guard and now am rounding off the trigger guard. Call me a Magpul kool aid drinker but if you have seen the special features on their handgun DVD Haley talks about a reference notch cutout on the guard for the support hand. Just cut one out on mine and I must say it works pretty well and is a little more comfortable. To the staff, apologies for not putting this thread in the right forum.

Cool, I got mine done for now too...I might decide to do more to it.

jaxman7
05-25-10, 20:13
colddeadhands, what all are you doing to yours? Is it an M&P?

ColdDeadHands
05-25-10, 20:36
No, it's a G21SF...I did some stippling for carry and I was grinding away on the trigger guard. I have a pic in the Glock Pic Thread...last page.

jaxman7
05-25-10, 20:46
That looks really good colddeadhands. Thats the same pattern I have on mine. Yeh thats my biggest complaint about my Glock 19. The factory triggerguard undercut is very uncomfortable. One thing I am pondering is a border around the stippling. Ben's work at Boresight has this and it is one of the things that seperates his work from everyone elses. By no means will mine look like his but I am pondering on how to do this. I've got a dremmel extension so I can have more fine control of the bit and I've purchased a very tiny grinding bit to do it with. I just need to practice on some other plastic before I try it on the Smith. I'll post some pics in the M&P pic thread when I get finished. That probably won't be until this weekend. I've got to buy some more sandpaper and I am taking this VERY slow.

ColdDeadHands
05-26-10, 06:38
That looks really good colddeadhands. Thats the same pattern I have on mine. Yeh thats my biggest complaint about my Glock 19. The factory triggerguard undercut is very uncomfortable. One thing I am pondering is a border around the stippling. Ben's work at Boresight has this and it is one of the things that seperates his work from everyone elses. By no means will mine look like his but I am pondering on how to do this. I've got a dremmel extension so I can have more fine control of the bit and I've purchased a very tiny grinding bit to do it with. I just need to practice on some other plastic before I try it on the Smith. I'll post some pics in the M&P pic thread when I get finished. That probably won't be until this weekend. I've got to buy some more sandpaper and I am taking this VERY slow.

Thanks, it was my first stipple job ever. The Boresight border looks melted. My wood burning kit came with a tip that looks like it would be perfect to make the border with. If I would have done a full stipple I would have done the border but since this is going to be my carry gun I didn't want to stipple to much.

RogerinTPA
05-26-10, 09:06
Pics please.