PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Member Roll Call

Safetyhit
05-24-10, 22:09
Let's see how many of us endangered folks there are here.

In Burlington County myself. Ft. Dix is my usual range.

arbob
05-25-10, 01:05
Bergen county. I usually shoot in Pa.

Safetyhit
05-25-10, 12:49
Bergen county. I usually shoot in Pa.

Thank-you for checking in.

And I can fully understand your desire to shoot in PA. :)

762xIan
05-26-10, 03:50
Let's see how many of us endangered folks there are here.

In Burlington County myself. Ft. Dix is my usual range.

I escaped and live in PA now :D, but I grew up in Browns Mills. Was a member at Ft. Dix 10 years or so ago. How is it now? What are the fees/dues? I visit once a month, usually for a few days (my dad and inlaws are still in the area).

My brother lives in Mt. Holly, and he usually just comes over to PA to shoot with me, but a NJ shoot would be nice every once in a while. I would consider rejoining for the occasional trip.

RSA-OTC
05-26-10, 06:18
I live in the Burlington area. When my agency trains we use a club range located between Ft Dix and Lakehurst Navel Air Station.

I do my personal shooting at Ready Aim Fire on Rt 13 in Bristol PA and compete in IDPA there as well.

Safetyhit
06-01-10, 08:38
I escaped and live in PA now :D, but I grew up in Browns Mills. Was a member at Ft. Dix 10 years or so ago. How is it now? What are the fees/dues? I visit once a month, usually for a few days (my dad and inlaws are still in the area).

My brother lives in Mt. Holly, and he usually just comes over to PA to shoot with me, but a NJ shoot would be nice every once in a while. I would consider rejoining for the occasional trip.

A non-LEO membership there is "up to" $60 a year and $3 per session, which is better than anywhere else that I am aware of in the entire central/southern area of the state. Other than that, still the same.

As always, never know who you are going to see up there or what they will be shooting. Someone had a nice, whisper silent MP5 last time around.

Safetyhit
06-01-10, 08:41
I live in the Burlington area. When my agency trains we use a club range located between Ft Dix and Lakehurst Navel Air Station.

I do my personal shooting at Ready Aim Fire on Rt 13 in Bristol PA and compete in IDPA there as well.

Well sir, I've been out of the competitive shooting game for a while but might like to head over to Bristol one day when you are going. Need to get the rust off, big time.

rubberneck
06-01-10, 09:06
Morris county until July 15th than Pa thereafter if everything goes right with closing. I was a member at Old Bridge and Somerset until just recently.

rubberneck
06-01-10, 09:08

Joe's a really good guy. He put me through my IDPA safety officers class 7 or 8 years ago. Since then I have SO'd or shoot dozens of local, state and National matches with him and James.

Stickman
06-01-10, 09:48
I'm out in NW NJ/ Sussex & Morris County once a year or so, sometimes more. Beautiful countryside, I wish it could be a less liberal state.

MAP
06-01-10, 10:16
I'm in Morris County. Planning my escape.

Mike

rubberneck
06-01-10, 10:18
I'm out in NW NJ/ Sussex & Morris County once a year or so, sometimes more. Beautiful countryside, I wish it could be a less liberal state.

Believe it or not Morris, Sussex and Hunterdon counties are fairly conservative. It's the cities (Newark, Paterson, Jersey City, Atlantic City and Camden) that turn the state blue. But to your point, this part of the state is very attractive and often out of state visitors are shocked at how nice it really is. If the state wasn't so damn goofy I'd be more than content to grow old here but I've had enough.

Safetyhit
06-01-10, 10:41
Beautiful countryside, I wish it could be a less liberal state.

When one visits NJ via airplane they are inevitably greeted by either Newark or Philly, both of which have massive refineries near their airports. Then onto either the turnpike in the north or I-95 in the south, which are further eyesores unless one continues along a bit. This is also what we see so much of on TV, as well. Harsh urban environments.

But beyond the cities and some of their immediate suburbs, there is a great deal of beauty statewide. A great many scenic places to be found in fact, with good people to suit. Ocean City is a perfect example this time of year down the shore. A clean, magical place to take the family, even today.

In fact it's so pristine they won't let the fu*ktards from "Jersey Shore" within the town's perimeter under any circumstance. :)

Stickman
06-01-10, 13:09
Believe it or not Morris, Sussex and Hunterdon counties are fairly conservative. It's the cities (Newark, Paterson, Jersey City, Atlantic City and Camden) that turn the state blue. But to your point, this part of the state is very attractive and often out of state visitors are shocked at how nice it really is. If the state wasn't so damn goofy I'd be more than content to grow old here but I've had enough.

I'm not sure about Morris county, but I know that Sussex is a gun owning county, or at least all the people I know there do. :D

rubberneck
06-01-10, 16:30
I'm not sure about Morris county, but I know that Sussex is a gun owning county, or at least all the people I know there do. :D

Most of the gun owners in my part of Morris county are closeted. They don't advertise their ownership but are greatful to talk to another gun owner amongst themselves. For instance all of my friends know that I own guns but I don't discuss it in general because my children's friends won't be allowed by their parents to come into an "unsafe" environment. I have no desire to hide my gun ownership but on the other hand I don't want my kids to pay the price.

Safetyhit
06-01-10, 20:08
Most of the gun owners in my part of Morris county are closeted. They don't advertise their ownership but are greatful to talk to another gun owner amongst themselves. For instance all of my friends know that I own guns but I don't discuss it in general because my children's friends won't be allowed by their parents to come into an "unsafe" environment. I have no desire to hide my gun ownership but on the other hand I don't want my kids to pay the price.

My friend it is very much the same down here, but perhaps a bit less due to all of the current and also ex-farms. Hunting is still a way of life in SJ, even in my part of Burlington Co to an extent. Just not nearly as much as it used to be. And no one boasts of owning guns much anymore except when among trusted companions.

There remain a few good places in Burl Co to small game hunt these days, but we need to head down to the Salem and Cumberland Co game preserves for a good quail, pheasant, chuckar or turkey hunt for the most part anymore.

The overall relevance should be apparent. When the lifestyle wanes, so does the understanding.

Brisco
06-02-10, 22:50
Monmouth County here

Shoot at Shore Shot and Ft Dix

Maybe Monmouth rifle and Pistol Soon

Safetyhit, have seen you on NJGF as well. Met some of those guys in person, everyone has been great so far.

Anyone not from NJ reading this.... There really are some regular people here not just Libtards

Stickle
06-03-10, 11:18
Sussex County Here! Its always been a great place to grow up but things are changing.

QuietShootr
06-03-10, 11:35
Former Bernardsville resident. Nice place to live, if you have to live in New Jersey...but I'd rather have my CCW, suppressors, and MGs, and make a little less money.

Safetyhit
06-03-10, 11:50
Monmouth County here

Shoot at Shore Shot and Ft Dix

Maybe Monmouth rifle and Pistol Soon

Safetyhit, have seen you on NJGF as well. Met some of those guys in person, everyone has been great so far.

Anyone not from NJ reading this.... There really are some regular people here not just Libtards

Good to see both you and Stickle here. What made you guys wait so long to post for Pete's sake? :D

One of the NJGF members is a local police officer as well as FFL who I buy from now. Good, knowledgeable guy who I know from the old AR15.com hometown forum days.

RSA-OTC
06-03-10, 12:31
Joe's a really good guy. He put me through my IDPA safety officers class 7 or 8 years ago. Since then I have SO'd or shoot dozens of local, state and National matches with him and James.

Joe & James as well as the rest of the RAF staff are good people. I hadn't shot in organized compitition sinceshooting NRA PPC in the late 70's. First time out I find my self shooting against Dave Ohlasso 4 time IDPA CDP National Champ. It was quite an eye opener. Dave's a great guy and I have learned quite a bit from shooting against him and James.

Bushmaster225
06-15-10, 21:20
Burlington County also

I mostly shoot at Fix Dix for fun and CJRPC for Garand and High Power matches.

Joe is a nice guy at Ready, Aim, Fire. I usually go there and shoot handguns.

Tosser
06-20-10, 23:10
I'm from Gloucester County and belong to South Jersey Shooting Club and Harborsite USANA in Elmer.

New member here aswell.

Alex V
07-02-10, 13:13
Middlesex Co. here...

Im too lazy to deive long distances so I usualy shoot the pistols at Bullet Hole in Belleville, the Range officers love my GF lol

Safetyhit
07-02-10, 19:52
I'm from Gloucester County and belong to South Jersey Shooting Club and Harborsite USANA in Elmer.

New member here aswell.

Thanks for chiming in, Tosser. Am down your way often, but not as much as I was in my land development days. Was a hotbed down there for a few years, but all that is done for now.

Of course we know who you are Alex. Good to hear from you though.

mdmmd1
07-11-10, 12:18

I too live in Morris county and am very much the same way. Unfortunately there is no good place to shoot around here especially if you like a longer distance range. I usually just wait for a drill weekend at Ft Dix and play with the Marine's toys. If anyone knows any good ranges around here or Eastern PA that has a 2 or 300 Yrd range let me know. "have gun will travel"

Alex V
07-19-10, 11:57
Of course we know who you are Alex. Good to hear from you though.

Oh god.. that don't sound good :(

Safetyhit
07-19-10, 12:09
Oh god.. that don't sound good :(

My bad. I was simply referring to the fact that we have spoken before in the forums. Looking at it again, the wording is rather awkward. But I assure you nothing negative was intended.

Plus this was well before your abortion comment.

:D

Alex V
07-21-10, 14:59
My bad. I was simply referring to the fact that we have spoken before in the forums. Looking at it again, the wording is rather awkward. But I assure you nothing negative was intended.

Plus this was well before your abortion comment.

:D

lol

By the time I tried to explain that the statement was supposed to be satirical in nature, the thread was locked and it was too late.

Zell959
08-03-10, 13:19
I'm in Passaic County, NJ and shoot at Cherry Ridge in Highland Lakes. I'm also a "closeted" owner for the most part, although I've found the populous a bit more open minded when I drive far enough North :D

Stickman
08-03-10, 15:26
I'm in Passaic County, NJ and shoot at Cherry Ridge in Highland Lakes. I'm also a "closeted" owner for the most part, although I've found the populous a bit more open minded when I drive far enough North :D

NW Jersey tends to be a lot more open minded about firearms, though its nothing like what it was 20+ years ago.

eva05
08-03-10, 18:33
In Boonton.

Used to shoot at Cherry Ridge but I ended up dumping my membership and now I shoot at various places in PA when I have time to shoot. Which unfortunately is not that often.

j

Valsmere
08-12-10, 14:44
First post here Guys,

Lived in Sussex County, moved to NEPA for a few years, and had to return to Camden County due to work reasons. When not on layoff I drive past Ready, Aim Fire on rt 13 by Bristol/Fairless Hills in Pa. I shoot up state in NEPA by my parents house. Not to crazy by being back in N.J. but I do what I have to. Besides Cherry Hill isn't that bad nice area but like the rest I don't advertise. The range I use upstate in Pa is along route 6 I think its a state range not bad. My parents have a house up there just outside of Hamlin Pa. Its close to Lake Wallenpaupack. I'd much rather be up there.

Valsmere

Brisco
08-13-10, 12:41
First post here Guys,

Lived in Sussex County, moved to NEPA for a few years, and had to return to Camden County due to work reasons. When not on layoff I drive past Ready, Aim Fire on rt 13 by Bristol/Fairless Hills in Pa. I shoot up state in NEPA by my parents house. Not to crazy by being back in N.J. but I do what I have to. Besides Cherry Hill isn't that bad nice area but like the rest I don't advertise. The range I use upstate in Pa is along route 6 I think its a state range not bad. My parents have a house up there just outside of Hamlin Pa. Its close to Lake Wallenpaupack. I'd much rather be up there.

Valsmere

Welcome,

I don't post much at all, but I have learned a ton of great information from this site.

Alex V
08-13-10, 14:45
How is Cherry Ridge? A friend of my was a memeber many years ago before his father past away [pre 2000] I am thinking of joining.

Like the other's said, I can not understand why most in NJ fear firearms like no other, but I don't fear talking about my love for the hobbie.

My friends know I have them, and everytime they come over they ask to see them, but look at them as if the weapon itself has already killed thousands of people on its own. My cousin's wife refuses to come over because I have guns lol.

Safetyhit
08-13-10, 15:19
Besides Cherry Hill isn't that bad nice area...

I know the town very well, having several family members still living there and I would have to say you are being somewhat generous. Yes, there are still some great areas with utterly spectacular homes, but overall unfortunately it has become a massive traffic mecca via it's 345,000,000 shopping outlets and newer high density housing.

Most importantly, Camden is starting to infiltrate the west side....:help:

See if you can get out here to the Marlton/Medford area. Still lots of country out here but only 10-15 minutes from everything there. A totally different world.

Zell959
08-13-10, 16:09
How is Cherry Ridge? A friend of my was a memeber many years ago before his father past away [pre 2000] I am thinking of joining.

It's pretty good for a range I can get to from morris county in less than an hour. It's a really nice piece of land to walk around and the diffrent ranges give you a lot of nice options for a variety of shooting. To the best of my knowledge, there really isn't a comparable range anywhere nearby.

That said, it does have some limitations/shortcomings that make me daytream about living in a place where I could legally shoot in my own backyard:

1. The shotgun range is really only meant for sporting clays and limits you to target loads no larger than 7 1/2. I bought a mossberg 500 with an 18 1/2 inch barrel as a home defense gun and I've yet to see what it would feel like to shoot the buckshot I keep it loaded with.

2. Both rifle ranges are limited to two standard distances with no option to shoot any closer. The 100 yard range lets you shoot at only 50 or 100 yards, and the long distance range lets you shoot at only 200 or 300 yards. For example, you would have to shoot elsewhere if you wanted to practice very short distance shooting with an M4.

3. Your choice of targets is a bit limited. For handguns & rifles, your only option is to shoot paper mounted to a standardized wooden target you can build to their specs or buy from them. For shotgun you're limited to clays with target loads, or shooting slugs at paper on the rifle range. Only the .22 range offers much variety as they have preinstalled metal targets and I don't believe you're barred from bringing your own. I'm very jealous of all those people on youtube with videos of them shooting watermellons, jugs of water, etc.

Valsmere
08-15-10, 14:08
:(
I know the town very well, having several family members still living there and I would have to say you are being somewhat generous. Yes, there are still some great areas with utterly spectacular homes, but overall unfortunately it has become a massive traffic mecca via it's 345,000,000 shopping outlets and newer high density housing.

Most importantly, Camden is starting to infiltrate the west side....:help:

See if you can get out here to the Marlton/Medford area. Still lots of country out here but only 10-15 minutes from everything there. A totally different world.

I do agree with you 100% it is becoming the land of strip malls and traffic lights. When I do move it will take me and the family back up to the Scranton Pa area. Unfortunately the work keeps me here for now. The job market in upstate Pa is rough as is everywhere else right now. However being in a union I am lucky that I get called back to work. Camden has been infiltrating the area also, I see it more and more everyday we are on the west side. There are alot of houses for sale in our development. Not looking up any time soon. :(

Caine
08-17-10, 18:55
A little late to the party... I'm in northern Essex. I shoot at Cherry Ridge and Bullet Hole. Good to see some familiar names here

Zero Signal
09-01-10, 16:41
Ocean County Here (Bricktown) Usually shoot which isnt to often at CJRPC or very few times at Shore Shot.

EchoMirage
10-21-10, 09:05
bergen county. i go to bullet hole, but try to avoid that shithole when i can. cherry ridge is better, unless there are some assholes on the line that think they own the entire range, barking out orders like some drill instructor.

while id rather live in america across the western border, there is no way im doing a 2+ hour commute; when i work anyways.

xXxplosive
11-05-10, 20:27
Somerset County......here.

Displaced Texan
12-29-10, 05:40
Camden County here.

Safetyhit
12-29-10, 13:48
Good to see you guys here.

xXxplosive
12-29-10, 13:53
We're here and listening...........

Safetyhit
12-30-10, 13:37
We're here and listening...........

Well then I'll point out that there are 21 of us here so far and counting. Exactly what that will mean in the end I have no idea. :confused:

Maybe as the number goes up we consider a group shoot at Dix or something. How many of you guys are members? I am, but each member can only bring 3 guests under normal circumstances so we would likely need a couple at least.

xXxplosive
12-30-10, 14:12
Haven't shot at Dix in about 10 years..........my son and I shoot in PA which is closer for us as we are in Somerset County but a Dix shoot might be interesting.

Displaced Texan
12-30-10, 15:13
I would be up for a shoot-together at Dix.
I'm not a member, however, would be interested in joining.

Jeff

Alex V
01-31-11, 16:10
Im a member at Fort Dix [Range 14]

Will be willing to bring 2 guests as one guest spot will be reserved for the GF who will refuse to give me back my AR lol.

Set up the date and Im there. Just please wait till its warmer out lol.

Cylinder Head
02-04-11, 09:31
Hello gents. I've been lurking this forum for quite a while. Glad to see a lot of familiar names from the NJ Gun Forums.

Brisco
02-04-11, 15:09
Hello gents. I've been lurking this forum for quite a while. Glad to see a lot of familiar names from the NJ Gun Forums.

Welcome, lots of great info here

Safetyhit
02-05-11, 20:48
Im a member at Fort Dix [Range 14]

Will be willing to bring 2 guests as one guest spot will be reserved for the GF who will refuse to give me back my AR lol.

Set up the date and Im there. Just please wait till its warmer out lol.

I'm up for a trip there soon myself. It's such a winter's winter that I haven't been up in months.

Displaced Texan
04-10-11, 08:05
Any more thoughts about setting up a 'Shoot Together' this spring?

Jeff

Safetyhit
04-10-11, 10:38
Any more thoughts about setting up a 'Shoot Together' this spring?

Jeff

I'm still in. Pretty sure that it would only take a few members here to enable enough of a worthwhile crowd at 3 visitors each.

As luck would have it, my membership expires exactly today. But I always renew and will be doing so again soon.

cody0341
04-10-11, 12:40
middlesex county here, I have already planned my escape to PA in 3 months.

Displaced Texan
04-10-11, 14:00
I'm still in. Pretty sure that it would only take a few members here to enable enough of a worthwhile crowd at 3 visitors each.

As luck would have it, my membership expires exactly today. But I always renew and will be doing so again soon.

I'm in as well. I don't have a membership to Ft. Dix, but am interested in becoming a member, and would like to check out the range.

Jeff

cody0341
04-11-11, 09:53
so my question is, does anyone shoot on land (private or public)? I would love to be able to shoot in jersey without having some asshole tell me that I can't shoot faster the 1 round every 5 seconds.

SMT85
04-11-11, 10:12
Buena vista twp, Atlantic county

Safetyhit
04-11-11, 15:54
so my question is, does anyone shoot on land (private or public)? I would love to be able to shoot in jersey without having some asshole tell me that I can't shoot faster the 1 round every 5 seconds.

Ahh my friend, even at 41 I well remember the days up until the mid-90's (before the local subdivision boom) when there were farms aplenty everywhere in NJ. Even 10-15 minutes from Philly one could find vast open spaces here to shoot without a worry.

We ourselves had a 200 acre farm/estate (my grandparents only had chickens at times) in Burlington Co. until '89 that was perfect for accommodating anything you chose shoot anytime.

Now however....:angry:

We still hunt down in Salem County and even here in Burlington Co., but the places to do so are too few and far between now days.

Caine
04-11-11, 16:09
Range 14, in my experience, hasn't been too bad about giving people a hard time for firing off a few rounds at a brisk pace. You may get a few odd looks if you do a mag dump, but no one's ever said anything to me when I've fired 4-5 shots as quick as I can pull the trigger.

Safetyhit
04-11-11, 17:05
Range 14, in my experience, hasn't been too bad about giving people a hard time for firing off a few rounds at a brisk pace. You may get a few odd looks if you do a mag dump, but no one's ever said anything to me when I've fired 4-5 shots as quick as I can pull the trigger.

Right on the money, Caine. The younger crowd working there now seem a bit more tolerant.

Anyone remember the days of old Joe up in the tower? He was a bit more of a stickler, but also a nice guy. He worked there since I went for the first time decades ago until he passed about 2-3 years ago. His loudspeaker voice will ring forever in my head.

Caine
04-11-11, 19:14
I've only been to R14 a handful of times, and all within the last year, so I missed all the older ROs... I've heard some stories tho :D

Alex V
05-02-11, 09:58
SafetyHit,

So when is the M4C member trip to R14?

CaliberClark
05-14-11, 07:39
Cape May here. Im from NC. I hate NJ!

Njbudman81
05-30-11, 14:22
I live in carneys point but grew up in Gibbstown. I shoot at the Salem county sportsmans club.

Safetyhit
05-30-11, 18:35
SafetyHit,

So when is the M4C member trip to R14?

Just saw this now Alex due to the last post, sorry I missed it initially. Well we would need to find out how many are in for the trip and how many are members, then go from there. Remember that there are 3 visitors per person allowed.

I'm certainly up for the trip and would look forward to it. We could target something around the mid-summer mark if feasible and wouldn't need a lot of guys to make it work.

Alex V
06-05-11, 17:28
Just saw this now Alex due to the last post, sorry I missed it initially. Well we would need to find out how many are in for the trip and how many are members, then go from there. Remember that there are 3 visitors per person allowed.

I'm certainly up for the trip and would look forward to it. We could target something around the mid-summer mark if feasible and wouldn't need a lot of guys to make it work.

Sounds good, I can bring 2 cause I am sure my fiance will want come.

We should move over to PM's when we start planning since this forum gets little traffic.

rauchman
01-16-12, 12:45
Bergen County. Usually shoot at the Bullet Hole.

Safetyhit
01-16-12, 13:01
Thanks for bringing the old thread back to life Rauchman and welcome.

Alex, we still have to make the trip happen. Hopefully this Spring.

RangerRed
01-16-12, 17:49
I just moved to Jersey and I'm slowly going through the process of getting a few of my guns moved up to my current residence in Woodbridge. Assuming that I get at least one of my AR's NJ compliant and brought up from VA, I'd like to get in on a range day of some sort. Thanks!

kml9705
02-17-12, 18:25
Hi all, Warren County here.

Been watching this site for a few weeks now. Excellent information here. Trying to take in all this forum has to offer.

plaskon
03-17-12, 15:03
Pricier than Bullet Hole but looks good:
RTSP in Randolph (http://www.rtsponline.com)

Njbudman81
12-16-12, 06:34
From Salem county

Sorry tapatalk showed me this as a new post

Sathar
12-22-12, 07:26
Present.

Bergen county. Shoot handguns in Tenafly, recently joined Cherry Ridge for my newish evil black rifle. Wouldn't go back to Bullet Hole if you paid me, I'm amazed there hasn't been an injury there.

Safetyhit
12-22-12, 09:23
Good to see our local numbers increasing a bit.

McNulty
12-22-12, 20:42
I work in Ocean County, live in Mercer. I just want to reiterate the fact that their are some real good people in people in state contrary to public opinion. I do most of my training at echo valley in WV.

francis
12-22-12, 20:44
Essex county 25 minutes west of Manhattan

Shooter McGavin
02-08-16, 21:35
Hi,

I've been a lurker for a while. I'm from Wayne, NJ.

I shoot at Gun For Hire for handguns and Cherry Ridge for long guns.

I just joined IDPA and shot my first classifier last fall. I'm looking to continue that and take some training classes for handgun and carbine.

Mike

b2dap1
02-09-16, 05:40
Somerset County here. I live about 10 min from Rutgers New Brunswick. Shoot at Fort Dix. and my father in laws back yard. Every time we shoot people call the cops...hate this state! Best way to shoot is to leave this shit hole and take a class in PA.

jrflyewr
02-09-16, 07:53
Monmouth County here..do all my shooting at CJRPC and some private property in Warren County where people never called the cops..guess it's a regional thing..but nice to see some fellow Garden States on here

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rocsteady
06-17-20, 17:45
necro posting to see if anyone is still around; I'm in Marlton, shoot with the Bureau at our Fort Dix ranges and here and there otherwise.

TheTick
10-20-20, 20:30
necro posting to see if anyone is still around; I'm in Marlton, shoot with the Bureau at our Fort Dix ranges and here and there otherwise.

I'm on the job in PA, but I've taken classes with your NY FTU guys starting what seems like forever ago in 2005. My full team still uses Dix for two trips a year and our snipers are there a lot.

Arik
10-20-20, 21:18
I can see Trenton from my office in PA! Does that count?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RUTGERS95
01-05-22, 06:21
Didn't even know this part of the forum existed!

NJ here, Monmouth Ctny, shoot at cjrpc, learned at ft dix where my dad was a DI many eons ago.

rocsteady
08-27-22, 17:41
Deleted