PDA

View Full Version : Fox Gloves

M4arc
07-20-06, 14:47
I know a lot of folks like the Oakley gloves but personally I think they are uncomfortable. As an avid cyclist I've been using Fox gloves since the mid-eighties and they have always held up very well. I recently retired a pair after five years of racing, shooting, crashing, mud, water, more crashing, more shooting, and a little more racing. Today I stumbled upon these: Submachine Glove (http://shop.foxracing.com/ecomm/ProductForward.do?forward=product.pagedef&proId=9962&cid=145&cname=Gloves&proNumber=24009&imgName=24009233F.jpg)

I'm going to give a pair of these a go and I'll report back as soon as I have enough time to give them a thorough evaluation. Just an FWIW I've been using a pair of their Static Glove for both racing and shooting and they have been awesome so I have a feeling that the new Submachine Gloves will be the same.

JLM
07-20-06, 14:54
Certainly look interesting. Thanks for the link!

TacDoc
07-20-06, 18:03
I though I was the only one who uses bike gloves to shoot... good to know I'm not alone!

Nitrox
07-20-06, 22:42
The fingers have Lycra panels on the sides that melt very easily.

Kisara
07-21-06, 14:12
"Terry cloth thumb" That sounds very comfortable, but doesn't sound too durable. My Hatch operators fall apart at the seams pretty frequently as it is...

LOKNLOD
07-21-06, 15:38
"Terry cloth thumb" That sounds very comfortable, but doesn't sound too durable. My Hatch operators fall apart at the seams pretty frequently as it is...

On some gloves I've seen, the soft cloth is just on the outside of the thumb,
to wipe sweat from your eyes. I don't know if that's the case here though.

Nitrox
07-21-06, 17:14
On some gloves I've seen, the soft cloth is just on the outside of the thumb,
to wipe sweat from your eyes. I don't know if that's the case here though.

It is.

Motorcycle gloves should be used with motorcycles.

KevinB
07-22-06, 05:35
I won't use gloves that are not flame resistant.

I got a pair of the SWMS gloves - but they are a lot more heavy duty (and hot) than the flight gloves I usually pick up from the PX -- I just treat them as weekly disposables...

The SWMS lasted more than a month -- but I decided the heat was too unbearable and retired them

M4arc
07-22-06, 09:39
The fingers have Lycra panels on the sides that melt very easily.

Yeah I see that but my Oakley gloves have lycra as well. Oakley gloves were originally made for Mountain biking but the HSLD guys liked them better.

BravoCompanyUSA
07-22-06, 12:42
bikes and guns...... is this a great country or what....:D