PDA

View Full Version : opinions on tactical command ind. headset....

jaxman7
05-25-10, 15:29
Who here has experience with their Liberator II series headset? I just bought one from a fellow M4C'r and got a GREAT deal on it. Literally just opened the box. Messed around with it and am very impressed so far. If you have used them What do think about 'em and the company as far as customer service if I need to use it. Thanks,

-Jax

Iraq Ninja
05-25-10, 15:38
CS was very good when I ordered mine a few years ago.

Mine broke after about a year of daily use. First, the plastic head band broke, then the transmit volume became very weak and hard for others to hear.

I never got around to sending it back for repairs.

You can get spare parts for the band. They will break and when they do, they dig into the side of your head and make it very difficult to wear.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/broken.jpg

noctis
05-25-10, 15:40
First, buy gel cup inserts. I lived with the standard ones for too long. The difference in comfort makes me question why I punished myself.

Second, re. customer service. If there is a problem, call or better yet email. They took care of a friend and were friendly to me. Do you have a mic on yours or not?

ETA: I will second volume issues that Iraq Ninja stated as well

jaxman7
05-25-10, 16:09
Copy that and thanks fellas. The suspension on mine is behind the head so I have the soft strap on top. Iraq Ninja that does appear as if that could get irritating on the head. To answer your question noctis, yeh mine has a mic. The gel cups I can tell already are going to be a good investment.