PDA

View Full Version : My SBR!! UPDATED with the Full Pic!

Jon G23
05-20-07, 18:42
Sad to say..... I need to sell this beauty (upper only) because of a financial emergency. I listed it today in the members for sale forum. I'll get another ASAP though... awesome upper!!

I finally got it all today! Thanks Grant (G&R Tactical) for putting together a super upper!!

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w248/MNJon/GunStuff/Mine1.jpg

The lower is RRA assembled by me. The upper was put together by Grant and has the following components:

Larue Stealth M4 Upper
Larue 11" SBRS "Gooseneck" Rail
Noveske 10.5" SS bbl
Noveske KX3 Flash Hider
LMT Charging Handle
LMT Full Auto BCG
Larue Gas Block
TD Vert Grip (Shorty)
Surefire E2D with Vltor Mount
PMAGS
Troy Folding Backup Sights.

I can hardly wait to shoot this baby!!

Jon

SuicideHz
05-21-07, 21:42
Why not just put it together now?

Some might be so inclined to advise you to remove the pictures and burn the thread altogether...

;)

Jon G23
05-21-07, 22:02
Why not just put it together now?

Some might be so inclined to advise you to remove the pictures and burn the thread altogether...

;)

Hey! I want very much to put it together now.... the only problem is..... The upper is in the little brown (UPS) truck on it's way. I hope it arrives soon!!!

I just got excited... ;-)

NickB
05-21-07, 22:08
Hey! I want very much to put it together now.... the only problem is..... The upper is in the little brown (UPS) truck on it's way. I hope it arrives soon!!!

I just got excited... ;-)

Yeah, I was going to say...those look an awful lot like Grant's photos...

I'm VERY jealous! Great build. I got to play with some of the LaRue stuff at his booth at SHOT this year and was drooling all over his counter. He paid me in 'dillos to leave him alone.

SuicideHz
05-21-07, 22:11
Grant's got carpet like that in his shop? wow...

I want DD to make a gooseneck.

Maybe I should make my own DD gooseneck. I already modded one DD rail and the folks at DD (Jay) were really interested in it and reanodized it for me...

NickB
05-21-07, 22:14
Grant's got carpet like that in his shop? wow...

Looks like stone or linoleum to me. :confused:

SuicideHz
05-21-07, 22:17
Oh shit you're right. It's a granite countertop. He must be one of those kitchen table dealers Pete-the-fag warned me about! oh noooo....

NickB
05-21-07, 22:20
Oh shit you're right. It's a granite countertop. He must be one of those kitchen table dealers Pete-the-fag warned me about! oh noooo....

I might contribute to the Grant bashing if I weren't physically afraid of the man. And his weapons. Mostly his weapons... :p

SuicideHz
05-21-07, 22:27
Uh, read it again. It's not Grant bashing...

NickB
05-21-07, 22:34
Uh, read it again. It's not Grant bashing...

I'm a bottle of wine and two beers deep. Lay off. ;)

Jon G23
06-02-07, 22:08
I shot about 350 rounds thru it today and was super pleased!! It functioned flawlessly with:

Black Hills 52 gr match
Black Hills 55 Gr FMJ
Black Hills 68 gr match
Remington 55 gr FMJ
Wolf 62 gr Laquered icky stuff (Dad had a box, so....)
Wolf 55 gr Polymer coated

Again..... all of these rounds functioned perfectly in this SBR. I was impressed. Not sure I wanna shoot Wolf in it again.... steel on steel..... but.... it works!

We were shooting in a gravel pit at ranges up to about 150 yrds. At 100, I could easily hit pop can sized rocks, standing. I think with open sights, a pretty crappy factory RRA trigger and a 10.5 inch bbl, that was decent! I want to put a scope on it with Larue quick detach mount, someday! I know this thing will shoot good groups.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w248/MNJon/GunStuff/SBR1.jpg

I need to bring the wife next time for pictures at the range..... ;)

SuicideHz
06-02-07, 23:11
Check into the new Millet DMS-1 scopes. They are clones (sort of) of the S&B short dots. 1-4x with a ring, left, right and bottom lines and the ring can be illuminated.

Lumpy196
06-02-07, 23:40
Put an Aimpoint on that bad boy and Id be in love.

SuicideHz
06-02-07, 23:44
I take it the front M4 style works well then, huh?

Jon G23
06-03-07, 07:24
I take it the front M4 style works well then, huh?

Yes! The sight works real nice.

tiger seven
06-03-07, 11:00
Looks great!

Maybe I missed it, but what spring and buffer setup are you using?

Derek

Jon G23
06-03-07, 12:15
H buffer and whatever standard spring came with my mil-sped tube when I bought the stock from Rainier.

Thanks!

Jon

Paulinski
06-03-07, 14:20
Nice - every time I see an upper put together by Grant I'm impressed.

Paul

Jon G23
08-12-07, 18:38
This had to go to the Members for sale section here.... financial emergency forces the sale of an awesome upper if anyone wants one... you'll see it there!

:(