PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear from the SC crowd

RD62
05-26-10, 20:10
I'm in the Midlands, Lexington to be exact.

Been meaning to join Mid-Carolina for some time now.

I'd love to get some type of practical Carbine/Pistol training and matches going.

Chime in if your local and interested, let's see what we can come up with.

-RD62

AMMOTECH
06-06-10, 10:23
Kershaw County. :cool:

JRDavis89
06-11-10, 12:52
Upstate South Carolina

BWT
06-11-10, 14:36
Upstate South Carolina

That makes two of us.

JRDavis89
06-11-10, 14:43
Awesome, we all need to get together for a range session, and I think a Scoby is in the upstate as well.

BWT
06-11-10, 15:34
Awesome, we all need to get together for a range session, and I think a Scoby is in the upstate as well.

Sounds good. I'm still working with my first AR, I need to get some more stuff but, I'm game. I'd say it's about 90% done though, all I have left really to complete is some control parts (Ambi Mag release, sling and an Aimpoint are really all that's left)

What'd you have in mind?

I've been looking for a good range in the area, I mean realistically I was considering down the road joining the Greenville gun club, the only thing I'm aware of are with rifle ranges are DNR ranges, Allen Arms (Indoor Pistol... which... Isn't bad for pistols, you can shoot rifles there... but... at 30~ yards.), Skip J, etc. I have a friend or two with some land, but... I feel a bit like a leech nagging someone to use their land, etc.

I heard the Walhalla DNR range is nice, isolated, etc. I was thinking about giving that a look sooner or later. But I haven't been out that way.

I'd love to get out to some 2-gun, 3-gun matches. Or just a 200 yard range with steel targets to be honest, practice would be great.

I'll tell you this, the further ahead we can plan the better, between school and work, I really can't predict my schedule week to week, but if it's something a few weeks out I can put in time off requests, try to trade shifts, etc.

I still haven't had the chance to zero my Iron Sights.

PM me if/when you guys want to organize something.

R.P.
06-11-10, 16:11
Upstate here as well.

BWT
06-11-10, 16:58
This is actually starting to look pretty good.

I'm all for it, so as this is becoming more realistic in that a handful of guys can show up, where would you guys have in mind?

I'm open to any/all suggestions.

Scoby
06-12-10, 08:48
Scoby here. Abbeville Co.

Avenger29 is another guy from the upstate that may be interested.

Give me a shout if you guys want to get together

Scoby

R Moran
06-12-10, 09:36
Aiken,

I'd be willing to take a drive to do some shooting.

Bob

Avenger29
06-12-10, 14:18
I'm in between Greenwood/Abbeville.

BWT
06-14-10, 19:05
So I figured I'd update this by repeating a question, that's honestly going to be the linchpin that brings this thing together.

Where do you guys like to shoot, what kind of options do we have available?

What's convenient for you guys, etc.

Maybe we should try for some shooting event in the upstate and meet up there?

Let's start brainstorming and get this thing together.

mcclainm
06-15-10, 09:09
Columbia checking in here.

Beebs08
06-15-10, 16:59
I'm in the upstate as well... over here in Clemson. I'm not too far from Walhalla, so I may be able to check out that range. I'm finishing up my first AR build right now, my upper is supposed to get here Thursday from Grant. I'm going home for the rest of the summer next week, but I'll be back in the fall for sure and I'd love to go shoot some, especially if a group of us can get together.

BWT
06-15-10, 21:34
I'm in the upstate as well... over here in Clemson. I'm not too far from Walhalla, so I may be able to check out that range. I'm finishing up my first AR build right now, my upper is supposed to get here Thursday from Grant. I'm going home for the rest of the summer next week, but I'll be back in the fall for sure and I'd love to go shoot some, especially if a group of us can get together.

It was recommended for me to give a look by an FFL here when I described this type of stuff, so give it a look... they said it was generally unoccupied, but to keep an eye out, some people had shot up the range building and bridge and there might be DNR personnel waiting around.

But when I mentioned shooting and moving, (ETA: not 3-gun competitions at a DNR Range, let me edit that out) etc, he said to take a look at that.

I think the Greenville Gun Club hosts an annual or bi-annual shoot.

A bunch of competitions, (or at least USPSA shoots) happen in Columbia, but... I'd like it centrally enough located that it works for most people.

Grant's good people as a side note, I got my lower and upper from him, great prices and service. Also responsive via email.

Honestly, if this thing builds momentum maybe we could get something together where we caravan up to N.C. every once in awhile or down to Georgia for a shooting event, seems to be a few facilities in N.C., maybe some big competitions.

Just some ideas, thanks for volunteering to scope it out.

Beebs08
06-16-10, 21:30
It was recommended for me to give a look by an FFL here when I described this type of stuff, so give it a look... they said it was generally unoccupied, but to keep an eye out, some people had shot up the range building and bridge and there might be DNR personnel waiting around.

But when I mentioned shooting and moving, (ETA: not 3-gun competitions at a DNR Range, let me edit that out) etc, he said to take a look at that.

here is the website i found for it when i googled it... its pretty small from what i can tell.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2A2R

BWT
06-16-10, 22:41
here is the website i found for it when i googled it... its pretty small from what i can tell.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2A2R

Seems similar to Skip J's (ETA: when I said similar to skip's I meant the bay lay out, and distance available)... except one bay, and... it is a DNR range, the problem is if other people show up... we have to vacate it. It'd probably be fine for a few people, but... a larger group.

I don't mean to send a group of people (namely us) to something like that, just kind of grasping at straws trying to find out what'd work best...

I really think Skip J's will probably work best looking back.

I got my CWP at a class hosted there...

Does anybody know how we'd go about arranging something with them?

Scoby
06-17-10, 17:27
BWT:

I've shot IDPA there and it would most likely work out better for a group. I'm not a member there. I've just paid to shoot an IDPA event they have there one saturday out of the month.

I'm not that computer savy and don't know how to insert a link but here's there web address.

www.skipjrange.com Well I'm smarter than I thought I was.

Individual membership is $125 per year.

The range consists of one 100 meter rifle bay, one 50 meter rifle/pistol bay, one 60x100 ft. pistol bay and seven 35x100 ft. pistol bays. All 10 bays have dirt berms down both sides along with the impact berm.

The fee may not be acceptable to some.
I also don't know how crowded this place may get on the weekends when they don't have an event scheduled.

Scoby

matt86
06-17-10, 20:48
Sumter

Avenger29
06-17-10, 22:15
Never been to SkipJ but would like to take a trip up there. I've been shooting at the DNR ranges (Plumbranch/Beaver Dam and Candy Branch...plumbranch is OK, candy branch is nasty/ populated by dangerous shooters) and on my own property (I've got about 700 yards worth of range on my 2200 foot airstrip. )

JRDavis89
06-17-10, 23:34
This Sunday, June 20th 2010, Greenville Gun Club will have their monthly CPSL match. It is a practice/more laid back shoot that is open to the public. It is 15 dollars to shoot, and requires 100 rounds of pistol and 50 centerfire rifle rounds. It is somewhat similar to IDPA/IPSC in format, scoring, and layout. Head over to http://www.cpsl-ggc.org/ for more information. I think I am going to make it out to it with a buddy if he can get off work.

Avenger29
06-17-10, 23:41
This Sunday, June 20th 2010, Greenville Gun Club will have their monthly CPSL match. It is a practice/more laid back shoot that is open to the public. It is 15 dollars to shoot, and requires 100 rounds of pistol and 50 centerfire rifle rounds. It is somewhat similar to IDPA/IPSC in format, scoring, and layout. Head over to http://www.cpsl-ggc.org/ for more information. I think I am going to make it out to it with a buddy if he can get off work.

I might ride up for that if I can get my rifle zero'd in time. She's currently tore down (gas block and tube is off) awaiting a rail installation tomorrow.

BWT
06-18-10, 00:46
What time Sunday?...

Well nevermind, my pistols actually at Dan Wesson for Service, now that I actually think about it.

I usher at the church I attend on Sundays anyway, so I doubt I could make it.

But the good thing is, this is a consistent match, I think it'd be a good starting place, neutral to everybody as far as cost.

I also don't know how crowded this place may get on the weekends when they don't have an event scheduled.

The Skip J thing is a great idea, but the above is a real legitimate concern, I know Presidio Defense pretty much hosts all of their training as far as I know at Skip J, and I'd imagine they'd be using the 50 yard pistol/rifle range. I believe that's what they used with us present.

I can tell you from viewing Skip J's website that they don't want anyone posting targets at less than 100 yards at the 100 yard rifle range.

http://www.skipjrange.com/members.htm

Bay 10 (rifle bay) is for 100 meter shooting only. Any member placing targets other than at the 100 meter impact berm will be subject to immediate membership termination.

Use Bay 5 for short range rifle shooting up to 50 yards.

That's if they're not hosting a class/event...

Plus, realistically, I think we'll have to contact them and find out if we can get some kind of member/non member rate or something to that effect figured out to get a group there. Which... I doubt they're going to let us do, and probably not on a weekend, so I doubt we could get a group of guys out there to shoot for a few hours with no memberships on a Saturday/Sunday...

I like Skip J, but it looks like we'd have to figure out the membership thing and probably do it sometime during the week that worked for most of us.

I like the Greenville Gun Club CPSL competition, but... between obligations and a broken hammer at service, I won't be able to make this month.

Maybe we should plan something at that event for next month? It's out far enough that we can all arrange it, and pretty centrally located for everybody.

I figure the first step is get the ball rolling, let's all meet up, meet one another, and then as time goes on (ETA: forgot two words) we'll gain momentum we will figure something out.

Plus I bet most of you guys probably have weekends off.

What do you guys think?

ETA 2: I forgot to add, I think that CPSL event would be a good start until we iron out some more permanent stuff, and explore the Skip J option.

Scoby
06-18-10, 10:17

This would be fun and something I'd like to do in the near future.

Right now though, and I don't know about the rest of you, I'd like to get in some more training / practice before doing a competition. Especially a 2-gun. I have a new carbine and we're still getting to know each other.

I couldn't make it Sunday anyway. Fathers Day and all.

Scoby

BWT
06-18-10, 11:23
This would be fun and something I'd like to do in the near future.

Right now though, and I don't know about the rest of you, I'd like to get in some more training / practice before doing a competition. Especially a 2-gun. I have a new carbine and we're still getting to know each other.

I couldn't make it Sunday anyway. Fathers Day and all.

Scoby

While I agree, it seems like it's only 50 or so rounds of carbine, and more than double that in pistol. I figured I'd suck my first time out, so, no worries. There'd be some fierce competition for last if I was involved. :D

(Honestly, I shoot as frequently as possible for me, but, in my first match situation which something like this would be, I'd just be more worried about not getting myself DQ'd and complying with all safety rules, and to a lesser extent my performance.)

As a side note I'd love to get out and shoot before hand but as you can see... Kind of grasping at straws for a place to meet up.

What do you think Scoby, what'd you have in mind?

Happy Father's day by the way, I was talking with my Dad, he ordered a BCM Mid Length AR today, I bought him some PMAG's and USGI Mag's with Magpul followers.

Scoby
06-18-10, 13:45
You're a nice thoughtful son. :D

Scoby

Avenger29
06-18-10, 20:24
If I can get this thing back together tomorrow and zero'd, I'm going up to the Sunday match. I'll either have to do a night zero tomorrow evening (that'll be a pain) or wake up early Sunday morning to zero (and thus really annoy the neighbors).

Beebs08
06-18-10, 21:31
I also would like to get a lot more shooting under my belt before I did any kind of competition. I also don't have a pistol at the moment... I'm only 20 so I plan on getting one next may as soon as I turn 21, or maybe I can borrow my brother's G19 if I were to do anything. I'm sure they wouldn't like my bein under 21 to register for the event tho. I would definitely be up for getting together sometime and meeting you guys and shooting a little bit.

BWT
06-18-10, 22:05
I also would like to get a lot more shooting under my belt before I did any kind of competition. I also don't have a pistol at the moment... I'm only 20 so I plan on getting one next may as soon as I turn 21, or maybe I can borrow my brother's G19 if I were to do anything. I'm sure they wouldn't like my bein under 21 to register for the event tho. I would definitely be up for getting together sometime and meeting you guys and shooting a little bit.

I was in your shoes not too long ago, I'm 22, 23 in September.

I've had my CWP since January, and my CBOB I got last June.

I think we've got a relatively young group. ;)

But I think we'll have fun, I mean, from what I gather the CPSL competition is low intensity.

Plus, certain things I approach knowing I'm going to suck, and you're new at it, so you're going to suck, everyone does. Expect it, I know that sounds pessimistic, but for me, it helps me bleed away the anxiety of doing something that's competitive and I'm nervous about.

So I'm going to relax, do the best I can, and realize I'm an amateur at this point, and I'll probably perform like one. It's if I'm successful that I'll have problems. :p

There are some good books out there on shooting competitively, and I'll tell ya, mindset seems to be very important.

I might take a look over at Brian Enos' forums, competition out the ying yang, tons of advice.

Avenger29
06-18-10, 23:02
I'm 22 also.

I was able to take my CCW class when I was 20, just couldn't mail the paperwork in until I was 21.

Since the SC laws changed on possession of handguns (was 21, now 18, if I recall correctly), I don't think you'd have any trouble shooting the match. I think you can even purchase a pistol private party once you are 18 in SC, but I don't recall correctly.

BWT
06-19-10, 10:04
I'm 22 also.

I was able to take my CCW class when I was 20, just couldn't mail the paperwork in until I was 21.

Since the SC laws changed on possession of handguns (was 21, now 18, if I recall correctly), I don't think you'd have any trouble shooting the match. I think you can even purchase a pistol private party once you are 18 in SC, but I don't recall correctly.

Actually he's 100% correct, you can buy handguns from other people, just not anyone with a Federal Firearms License to deal firearms... and not handgun ammo.

Gun Laws don't make sense. :D

I would recommend if you come shooting to shoot the Glock 19... I shoot .45 ACP, and I'll tell you, 9mm prices have me considering picking up an M&P9 in the near future. It's just so cheap compared to .45 ACP.

I went to Walmart I could get a box of 100 9mm FMJ for... I think around $20?

I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, box of 50 of .45 FMJ Remington... $25, but, they did have Monarch at Academy for $18.99. Which I only bought a box of 50... I've never used it before so I'm going to give a small sampling a shot and frankly, I'm skeptical of it's performance, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I had a terrible time with under powered ammo related malfunctions in my CBOB with the last box of 100 of WWB, at least 15 stoppages on an otherwise perfectly functional gun (Failure to feed, failure to cycle the slide back far enough to reset the hammer, etc.), so even though the prices are tempting, I need more dependable practice ammo. I've got another box of 100, we'll see how it performs, if it does it again, I'll ditch that ammo for the foreseeable future.

Avenger29
06-19-10, 21:12
and not handgun ammo.

That's why you buy ammo for your "9mm carbine". For a while, I really did have a Marlin Camp Carbine so I had that true alibi. I've never been to a real gunshop that's asked to see my ID for ammo...only chain stores. And even then, it's not always. The trick is to look older than you are.

The M&P 9 is a wonderful pistol.

Looks like I'm going to be at the match in Greenville...just got to zero tomorrow morning, the gun works just fine...PM me if you're going and I'll tell you my name so we can meet up at the match.

JRDavis89
06-19-10, 21:24
Avenger,

I found out today from the guy running these matches that there will not be any centerfire rifle stages tomorrow. I was livid when I received the news, and I am sorry that this has happened. Centerfire rifle courses were planned to be in the mix, but they took them out relatively last minute. There will still be 4 stages though, and you will shoot at least a hundred rounds of pistol. I also can't make it out due to Father's day, and I wish I was getting to meet some of ya'll.

Avenger29
06-19-10, 22:15
:mad: I'll still go, but well, that's just annoying. I was anticipating the rifle stages more than anything else...

Lack of judges/ROs?

I've only got two mags for my S&W M&P. That be enough?

JRDavis89
06-19-10, 22:20
I'm not entirely sure.

I doubt that would be the reason, they might have figured it would be too much work if not many would be there because of father's day.

You should be fine with two mags. I have never shot more than 28 rounds in a single stage. Most people will be carrying 2 or 3, but I honestly don't think there will be a stage that will require a third mag.

BWT
06-20-10, 13:11
That's why you buy ammo for your "9mm carbine". For a while, I really did have a Marlin Camp Carbine so I had that true alibi. I've never been to a real gunshop that's asked to see my ID for ammo...only chain stores. And even then, it's not always. The trick is to look older than you are.

I tried buying .22 WMR for my Marlin Rifle, and it showed up as pistol, she asked me for I.D. I said I wasn't 21 (wasn't at the time), but it was for a rifle, she said "Sorry." I pointed to the Rifle Magazines they sold for my rifle in .22 WMR and she said she didn't to be a part of any trouble.

You know those .22 Magnums... :D Bear killers for sure.

Avenger29
06-20-10, 15:14
Okay, back from the match.

It was very fun, even without the rifle stages. As expected, I was pretty slow, but my draws were decent and my reloads were pretty good. I was drawing and reloading from concealment (and I was the only one to do so, I think)

1st stage- engage several targets while behind a series of barricades (leaning out from behind the barricades). I completely missed one target.

2nd stage- engage three targets at close range with two rounds to the chest each, reload, headshoot each target, then engage the Texas Star (that was very hard for me). I totally blew this stage, but shooting that damnable Texas Star was entertaining. I got all the plates on it, eventually, having about three rounds left.

Third stage- while seated, draw and shoot one round at each target in order from left to right, then go back from right to left with one more round for each target again. Reload, reholster. Repeat for the fourth stage. I was slow, but I shot each target clean.

Overall, I had a lot of fun, even though I did very poorly by competition rules. I used it for more of putting pressure on me than anything else. I did well with my reloads (not insanely quick, but smooth and no fumbles, which suprised me a lot).

I'll get better with more practice, but I know I've caught the competition bug now. I need to take some pistol and rifle classes when I get the chance.

XxMerlinxX
06-20-10, 17:07
Which group were you in? The first one?

Avenger29
06-20-10, 17:25
Yeah, I was in the first squad. Last one to shoot each stage.

Avenger29
06-20-10, 20:55
I fired off an email to the Skip J range to see if they are hosting the monthly IDPA match on July 3rd (in respect to the July 4th weekend), and if they are, I'm going to that one.

Edit: received the reply this evening, the match is still scheduled. I'll do my best to be there.

Beebs08
06-22-10, 22:21
Avenger,

thats great to hear that you went and had a good time. i feel like thats the point of shooting, at least for me. granted, practice is always good for the SHTF moments, but i do it for enjoyment.

i'm home for the summer so i'll be shooting at the ranges around here for the next couple months, then i hope to be back in clemson in the fall ready to go to the range.

thats also pretty cool about the handgun laws... i'll have to check with my brother and see if he wants to sell me his G19 ;)

BWT
06-26-10, 22:46
I'll be out of town, so I won't be able to make it to the Skip J IDPA match.

I really want to make the CPSL match this Month.

Avenger29
07-03-10, 22:48
Had a blast at the IDPA match at SkipJ today.

I would like to see a more informal type match with more shooting out of vehicles and from unusual positions...we had a taste of that today and it was very enjoyable.

Avenger29
07-14-10, 15:11
Anybody know of any threegun/multigun or tactical rifle matches going on in the upstate? SkipJ and Greenville Gun Club websites simply aren't updated enough.

Also...what about shooting on the coast? I might be moving down there real soon if a job interview pans out...

RD62
07-16-10, 14:22
I'm in Lexington, just outside of Columbia.

I'm willing to drive a little occasionally for a class or get together, but Wahalla regularly may be a bit much.

RMoran, good to see ya on here. How's that M&P 15-22 working out? I haven't done any shows lately. Maybe we could get a group together a little closer to the Midlands.

-RD62

RedXd
07-24-10, 18:41
I'm located near Due West. Good luck finding that one. LOL

rychencop
07-25-10, 17:01
i'm in Aiken County

R Moran
07-25-10, 19:16
I'm in Lexington, just outside of Columbia.

I'm willing to drive a little occasionally for a class or get together, but Wahalla regularly may be a bit much.

RMoran, good to see ya on here. How's that M&P 15-22 working out? I haven't done any shows lately. Maybe we could get a group together a little closer to the Midlands.

-RD62

Sorry I missed this, Its a great little gun. Love shooting it whne its 104 degrees out, because I don't have to police up the brass:D

looked for ya at teh gun show today. I spent way to much money, but got an OK deal on a S&W 586.

Bob

cegha
09-16-10, 09:47
I'm from down in north charleston/charleston area. Anyone else down here?

I would love to meet up with some people here on these forums to do some shooting. I just got my first AR month before last & havn't been to even shoot it yet.

I'm having a terrible time down here trying to find anywhere to shoot it at though. ATP will allow them to be shot at there indoor range, but it's only 25 yards. what fun is that? :rolleyes:

The closest range to me that's 100 yards is Twin Ponds/Boggy Creek. That's like an hour or so from me. Columbia is only hour & half at the most from me. So pretty much anyplace I go will be a drive.

I got some friends in cola, & would be down for a meet up & shoot up there. I havn't looked but I would imagine there are some decent ranges in cola. It's pretty big up there.

Gizmo99
09-27-10, 11:06
Columbia here... MCRC member, so if there is still a desire to link up for a shoot, let me know. There are several rifle ranges with in 45 minutes of Cola, two that you have to join and one (in Newberry) that's a DNR range.

vodomagoo
10-21-10, 07:59
Myrtle beach area here

kg4kpg
10-27-10, 12:31
Hey y'all. I'm Chris in Summerville. cegha, Twin Ponds and Boggy Head are all you got up to 100 yds locally unless you join the Palmetto Gun Club. They have a real nice facility up near Ridgeville (I think) that is up to 600 and I believe they are moving up to 1000 in the near future. I'm not a member yet but may join one of these days. www.palmettogunclub.org. I shot at Boggy Heat last Saturday, not a bad little range but limited space and benches. You can google the Palmetto Shooters Forum to find other local shooters. I'm not fond of ATP either but for pistol shooting it's a pretty good deal. If you own a pistol come do the Wednesday combat shoots. Every third odd Wednesday, 7 bucks to shoot.

Chris

Avenger29
12-14-10, 16:30
So who's going to the gunshow on the 18/19th in Greenville? Mom and I are going...she's looking to get a good holster for her Glock 19 and I'm looking for holsters, mags, books, maybe some 10/22 parts or if I have enough graduation money, maybe something like an M&P 15-22...

R.P.
12-15-10, 11:42
So who's going to the gunshow on the 18/19th in Greenville? Mom and I are going...she's looking to get a good holster for her Glock 19 and I'm looking for holsters, mags, books, maybe some 10/22 parts or if I have enough graduation money, maybe something like an M&P 15-22...

I plan on going Saturday.

Gizmo99
12-15-10, 15:22
Hopefully Greenville will be a better show than we had in Columbia last week. Know your prices, you may be able to get a much better deal on a S&W MP .22 at a gunshop or through Buds...

Avenger29
12-18-10, 18:23
Hopefully Greenville will be a better show than we had in Columbia last week. Know your prices, you may be able to get a much better deal on a S&W MP .22 at a gunshop or through Buds...

I'm getting the M&P 15-22 through my usual FFL dealer sometime in January (he always has good prices)...I always do heavy research on prices before visiting a gunshow. Now I'm mainly looking for some mag pouches and such, plus books and maybe a kydex holster for my M&P if anybody has anything good.

Avenger29
12-19-10, 15:56
Man, that show sucked hard. Stupidest thing I saw was a SCAR, priced at $2500, with a $180 ACOG clone on it...

I'm not going back to one of these gun shows probably ever again, not with $5 parking and $7 entrance fee...last time I went, a couple of years ago, parking was a buck...

R.P.
12-20-10, 14:30
Man, that show sucked hard. Stupidest thing I saw was a SCAR, priced at $2500, with a $180 ACOG clone on it...

I'm not going back to one of these gun shows probably ever again, not with $5 parking and $7 entrance fee...last time I went, a couple of years ago, parking was a buck...

I know. But I find myself usually going to this show at least twice every year.

I found out a long time ago that these shows are not a place to go to find a good deal on a rifle or pistol.

I saw the same SCAR, at the same vendor's table, for the third show in a row!

Hootiewho
01-17-11, 16:19
OK Guys,
Get in here and make it happen.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=71484
The site needs enough interest before they will set us up a designated training section.

ssanders75
01-21-11, 19:21
Ft. Jackson/Lugoff here...And love to shoot.

Gizmo99
01-22-11, 07:40
sanders, if you haven't been to Mid Carolina Rifle Club let me know via pm. Happy to meet you there and show you around. :)

nhskull21
01-24-11, 19:46
Folly beach here

afd524
03-05-11, 11:42
another one from Aiken here

Avenger29
07-19-11, 11:18
Up near Cleveland, SC. What's the lowdown on the area, what M4C members are up there, ranges, and so forth?

VA_Dinger
07-19-11, 12:53
You guys now have your own regional training forum.

http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=201

aiko
07-24-11, 20:21
Hey, new member from Greenville.

Hootiewho
07-28-11, 16:28
Guys, 1st M4carbine training group meet...
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1056960#post1056960

SSGGunBunny
08-31-11, 06:10
Greenville SC

BBQBOY
01-13-12, 07:48
Hello from Charleston.

SCrunNgunNewb
01-23-12, 10:49
Hey guys I am here in columbia, sc. I am longtime shooter just discovering three gun and more recently IDPA and USPSA. Have traveled out of town to a few three gun matches (tac2 in TN and pappys in edgemoore, SC) and shot a fun shoot at pappys that featured an IDPA stage, a USPSa type, a steel chalenge stage and a three gun stage to expose new shooters to diff disciplines. I keep hearing about MCRC here in town and they have literally matches for all discipline (except multi/3 gun) and facilities to practice aswell. Anyone here that is a member willing to share some info, show a potential joiner around the ranges and possibly sponsor membership please get in touch with me.

#1gunna89
03-08-12, 13:44
I'm in Lexington as well. Any body geting to gather anytime soon

Gizmo99
03-08-12, 14:11
#1gun, you in SC or KY? If it's SC, I'm usually good for a trip to MCRC.

PM or email me when you get a chance.

mplecha
03-08-12, 21:05
Just found this thread. I live in Gaston (actually about 3 miles from MCRC). I let my membership there lapse back before I had a rifle. Places to shoot a pistol are easy to find, so it wasn't a big deal at the time. Now, the club is full, and I can't join.

JMFM0911
04-16-12, 06:02
Charleston

MattHallman
09-26-12, 13:44
Hopkins, SC

Rodman24
09-26-12, 14:38
Greenville checking in.

lethal dose
10-24-12, 19:46
Greenville area.

run n gun
10-24-12, 22:12
Spartanburg here

lethal dose
10-24-12, 22:16
Spartanburg here

The 'burg! Ban this guy!

palmettoman
01-06-13, 22:10
Florence here. Not too many ranges available, but one is over in the Patrick area, 100 yards, seperate pistol range. I do most of my shooting at Camp Butner in NC.

Chumly
01-06-13, 22:34
Beaufort Here

Chumly
01-06-13, 22:35
Florence here. Not too many ranges available, but one is over in the Patrick area, 100 yards, seperate pistol range. I do most of my shooting at Camp Butner in NC.

I havent shot there, but while looking for some ranges in the state I saw Black Creek Gun Club in the Hartsville/Darlington area that goes out to 200 yards I believe (again, Ive never been out there... pretty far from home I just remember seeing a few ranges in your area during some goolge searches of the state.). I think there was another one in that area that went out to 300 yards, but I cant remember the name of it.

Cardiac Nurse
01-16-13, 21:39
Aiken area

RedXd
01-17-13, 22:17
Abbeville

Gerbilphooey
01-17-13, 22:23
Greenville

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

AdamNCNN
01-17-13, 22:32
Greenwood :)

Sent via chisel and slate via Tapatalk 2

Xeusao
01-23-13, 22:39
Lexington, SC here. Been doing arfcom for a while now. Just found this site. Would love to find some folks to hook up with and drop some brass...

Atlshaun
02-01-13, 19:27
Charleston (in atl now)

Atlshaun
02-01-13, 19:30
Oh, and GO 'COCKS

27-17

Traveshamockery
02-01-13, 19:43
Columbia.

Just Keep Swimming
02-02-13, 13:06
Simpsonville...

lethal dose
02-02-13, 18:57
Simpsonville...

Dude. You're 5 minutes from me.

HCPrepper
02-09-13, 19:07
Aynor checking in. Center of Horry County.

vodomagoo
02-09-13, 23:47
Aynor checking in. Center of Horry County.

Good to see another horry county person

brantley65
02-13-13, 22:38
Florence, SC here.

HCPrepper
03-08-13, 21:43
There is going to be a support meeting for Constitutional Carry in South Carolina on March 18, 2013 in Myrtle Beach.

Please pass the info around to get the word.

Monday March 18, 2013
7Pm to 9pm
in Myrtle Beach SC, at the
Ted C. Collins Law Enforcement center
1101 Oak Street
Myrtle Beach SC 29577

With enough support we can get the politicians in South Carolina to support the bill and turn it into a law.

Please get the word out, and come on March 18, bring friends.

Voodoochild
04-18-13, 20:53
PI area. Moved here over a year ago and enjoy it except for the lack of ranges.

TacCommE21
05-13-13, 17:10
Summerville, Berkeley County

PatAttack
05-13-13, 18:10
Mount Pleasant checking in.

SSGGunBunny
05-15-13, 15:41
Simpsonville/Five Forks

lethal dose
05-15-13, 18:49
Simpsonville/Five Forks

You're just a stone's throw away.

HCrum87hc
05-17-13, 08:56
I'm in Beaufort.

ETA: Now I'm back in Greenville.

jimmyheadgear
05-28-13, 11:25
Hey from Anderson. :D

Ty_B
06-04-13, 20:21
Can someone from the Florence area PM me? I'm potentially moving to the area and have a few questions. Thanks.

ETA: I'm looking for information about local outdoor shooting ranges and/or gun clubs, IDPA, and USPSA.

Byrd-Shooter
06-24-13, 16:51
Greenville here. New to the forum too, didn't expect to see many area locals on this board.

-Byrd

lethal dose
06-24-13, 18:53
Welcome aboard, Byrd. PM me sometime if you'd like to meet up. I'd like to examine your training closer. If things move in the right direction, I can probably float you some students.

Avenger29
09-28-13, 23:25
I'm in Beaufort.

I just moved down here to Beaufort from the upstate.

We got any ranges around here?

lethal dose
09-29-13, 06:02
Avenger can't stay put for 5 minutes. :D

Gizmo99
09-29-13, 07:27
Dang Avenger, you didn't even honk when you went through Columbia did ya? :p

I think someone posted a link to a range near Charleston, unsure of the distances involved though.

Any Columbia/Midlands folks want to link up at MCRC, holler.

Avenger29
09-29-13, 17:24
Avenger can't stay put for 5 minutes. :D

Dang Avenger, you didn't even honk when you went through Columbia did ya

:D What can I say? I'm a rambling man! Probably going to stay put for a while down here (getting tired of moving and I figured out the trick to stave off a move is to leave most of my crap packed). Also it's damn nice here down at the beach!

Legend (or well the PSA website...) has it that there is a PSA range and store in Ridgeway. I haven't checked it out yet but will soon. Kinda prefer to shoot rifles outside (plus they have limitations on rifle shooting on their range) so I need to find an outdoor range and was kinda hoping for one closer than near Charleston. Hell I don't even know what gunshops/pawnshops we have down here in Beaufort, been focused on other things for a while.

Mbmadness
01-31-14, 06:02
Myrtle Beach checking in , hopefully get some guys together and go sling some lead . My buddy has a 14k acre farm he lets me shoot on , as long as we clean up . Making steel plates for shooting out to 300 yrds and in .

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

steve462x0
02-11-14, 18:08
Steve in Greer

plumpsquirrel3
03-01-14, 02:14
North Charleston for me. I shoot at Quickshot in West Ashley, and Boggy Head mostly.

sonny22
08-04-14, 20:39
papa creek, ( it's in dillon county sc)

Carlisle
08-17-14, 01:41
Hello from the Columbia area.

CatSnipah
01-07-15, 19:50
Mount Pleasant.

Member at Quickshot. Twin Ponds or Boggy Head for outdoor.

dylank0723
01-07-15, 22:48
I'm not in sc but live about 3 minutes from the state line in NC. North myrtle beach is 20 min away

Colemanator
02-20-15, 18:36
Checking in from Greenville, SC.

ck2020
04-07-15, 22:38
Summerville

svtpwnz
08-05-15, 15:08
Summerville also checking in

7.62NATO
08-19-15, 22:35
'Im looking at moving to Greenville. If any of you gents will PM me the good, bad, and ugly about Greenville, SC, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

USMarine89
08-22-15, 20:15
Just joined the forum, living in Columbia.;);)

HCrum87hc
08-24-15, 13:08
'Im looking at moving to Greenville. If any of you gents will PM me the good, bad, and ugly about Greenville, SC, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Your PMs are full.

jeremy.tankersley
02-13-16, 16:44
I'm in Beaufort/Bluffton/Hilton Head and there ain't squat for outdoor and the indoor is barely ok. PSA range sucks and Palmetto Indoor Range is ok but just too high.
NEED OUTDOORS!
I go all the way down to Gateway in Jacksonville, FL just to get some 100 yard time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk